Europe locking down again

5,411 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by chimpanzee
LostInLA07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are these people thinking? Can you imagine living in Italy or Germany? Worse than California and you don't have the option to move to Texas.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/12/germany-declares-a-covid-third-wave-has-begun-italy-set-for-easter-lockdown.html

And their vaccine rollout seems to have been an abject failure. The AstraZeneca vaccine should be a lot easier to distribute than our Pfizer/Moderna so what's the hold up?
Bunk Moreland
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/11/business/astrazeneca-vaccine-denmark-blood-clots.html

It's probably the blood clots.
MouthBQ98
AG
After all the data showing it is socially and economically damaging and fairly ineffective unless you are on an island nation with extremely tight travel protocols?

The governments are just trying to look like they can do something.
MaxNumberOfCharactersIs01
I copied quotes from posters here and compiled them. If you share this on social media, it might get censored..

--
Before the conditioning goes any further, those that don't want to wear masks and aren't afraid to toss them are just going to have to bear the brunt of the criticism and show the rest of America that the masks aren't necessary and that it is ok to live normally again.

Tyranny never gives up easily, but freedom is the better way even though it will always carry some risk. It's what drove early Americans to settle this country, and despite attempts to suppress it, is still in the bloodstream of every American. It's time to take back our lives and the freedom that is trying to be stolen. Draw a line in the sand, and say - no more.

There are multiple vaccines now. Seems to me that some people bullying other people into a suppressed and distressing lifestyle because that first group is paranoid or uninformed or politically motivated or highly neurotic is selfish. Stay hidden and masked if you like. Cower In fear instead of assuming the risks and rewards of living a full life. The rest of us tire of accommodating your neuroticism.

Suffering and depriving yourself over very low risks is a personal choice, but it sure is isn't living for most people: it's waiting to die, and demanding others do the same. It's inflicting mass misery and suffering and loss on your fellow man by depriving them of human interaction, of economic growth or opportunity, of healthy living in so many other aspects of life.

If if this was Polio or the Black Death, maybe it is justified. This is something more serious than a cold, but nothing on the order of the reaction it has garnered and it must end.

Regarding lower death count, lower hospitalization count, more vaccines, better treatments:
When the "numbers" are better and better, why are the pessimists deflated? Should they not be ecstatic that treatment goals are coming to fruition?

Texas has the lowest COVID hospitalizations since October 24th. The positivity rate is the lowest since October 14th and has steadily declined for 2 straight months. We gave a daily record of vaccinations: 229,490. In the last week, we gave 1,220,577 vaccine shots.
--
Rapier108
Given it a month and we'll see the same bull**** in the US, and it will be blamed on Texas and Mississippi.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Skillet Shot
Xiden will likely follow before Easter. Cant celebrate a Christian holiday
P.U.T.U
AG
So their social distancing and medical grade mask are not slowing the spread? Shocking I tell you
Charpie
AG
At some point people will stop caring and just go on with their lives.
deddog
AG
Skillet Shot said:

And a lot of the diocese will give in, just like they did last time..
FTAG 2000
AG
How else do you think the UN is going to reach its 2030 development goals of "ending poverty and private property ownership" without locking everything down until the people give up?
beerad12man
AG
I'm just beside myself how these people can think this is okay, and how they think it's helping their overall population, and how so many go along with it.

It's unbelievable.
planoaggie123
AG
Skillet Shot said:

If we are on our best behavior, Biden will say families can come out of their rooms and say hi to each other...from a distance...on Easter morning but within 10 minutes must run back to rooms and ensure masks are properly secured on face...
BadMoonRisin
AG
Charpie said:

This is what I said...In mid April last year.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
AgBQ-00
AG
Great Reset. Going according to plan
JR Ewingford
People need to grow balls and start rising up. Unbelievable.
Skillet Shot

The ants go marching three by three hoorah HOORAH!
Rapier108
EwingBarnes said:

Germany was neutered in 1945 and has never recovered.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
coolerguy12
AG
Who was that poster that claimed Europe handled Covid way better than the US under Trump and then denied saying it even when provided with his exact quotes.

Guys was a real baller. Staff had to delete his thread. It was epic
ElKabong
Here is what those in power better understand.

Deputy Travis Junior
Germany is terrible. They've distributed less than a third of their available vaccines and now the government there is screaming about the need for new lockdowns.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Rapier108 said:

EwingBarnes said:

Germany was neutered in 1945 and has never recovered.
True but... I have scratched through the surface veneer with a German friend and let's just say that many of the old sentiments are still there.

I couldn't say how common those thoughts are amongst my friend's peers but, I can say that they are rapidly reaching an age where they're too old to do anything about it.

And if they did want to do something about it, they should have gotten rid of the East German quota woman a long time ago. But, they didn't. She's been in charge for 16 years. Thank God our Presidents only get 2 terms.
Fenrir
coolerguy12 said:

Who was that poster that claimed Europe handled Covid way better than the US under Trump and then denied saying it even when provided with his exact quotes.

It just got locked...still there. I should take screenshots for posterity.
Cassius
Charpie said:

They will arrest you over there.
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
ElKabong said:

Here is what those in power better understand.

Holy SHI*. I'm 99.9 % sure that Biden, Kamala, Pelosi and Schumer watch that clip every morning as motivation to keep their tyranny alive and well.

That clip summarizes the democratic party perfectly.
Cassius
Just about every lib on this board said the same. Most ignored it after being called out for their stupidity.
Charpie
AG
Yes I'm sure. So glad that I live in the good ole USA
Kashchei
AG
coolerguy12 said:

We just couldn't understand the context
Beat40
Charpie said:

That won't happen in Germany. They are rule followers. Compliance with everything has been really high in Germany.

Source: some friends that have been living in Germany for like 4 years.

It's probably going to take America getting ourselves vaccinated to the point where we start shipping our vaccine overseas.
LostInLA07
AG
Yeah I think you're right. Fairly certain the additional J&J vaccines purchased by Biden are really intended for export. We simply won't need them in this country by the time they are available but the rest of the world will.

On the positive side for the US, beating most other major western countries to widely available vaccines should help our short term economic recovery.
DCAggie13y
AG
LostInLA07 said:

What are these people thinking? Can you imagine living in Italy or Germany? Worse than California and you don't have the option to move to Texas.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/12/germany-declares-a-covid-third-wave-has-begun-italy-set-for-easter-lockdown.html

And their vaccine rollout seems to have been an abject failure. The AstraZeneca vaccine should be a lot easier to distribute than our Pfizer/Moderna so what's the hold up?

Italy and Germany are doing worse than the US right now in terms of cases per capita. They both have an increase in cases and Italys increase has been pretty steep. Not arguing for lockdowns but I was surprised to see them doing worse than the US given all the rhetoric about how wonderful Eirope has done.
planoaggie123
AG
LostInLA07 said:

Yeah I think you're right. Fairly certain the additional J&J vaccines purchased by Biden are really intended for export. We simply won't need them in this country by the time they are available but the rest of the world will.

On the positive side for the US, beating most other major western countries to widely available vaccines should help our short term economic recovery.
I don't know the #s etc but I think you will find a lot of the people hesitant to get the vaccine only be willing to get the J&J shot so hopefully they dont ship too much of that one out and only leave the Moderna / Pfizer in the stats....
LostInLA07
AG
Lockdowns just delay the spread (if anything), they don't stop it....so I guess it's not all that surprising that countries which locked down more/longer are seeing the same spikes we did, just at a later time.

I think I've posted this a few times on here, but when I took our kid to our pediatrician (who is married to an infectious disease doctor) last April, she said pretty bluntly that covid is going to move through the population and there is really nothing we can do about it until there is a vaccine. She was spot on, and I think many doctors knew this but didn't want to spread fear or didn't care to spend time and take on the hassle and backlash of going against the narrative in the media.
Satellite of Love
Wait. A THIRD WAVE? I was told here by our resident leftist and Branch Covidians that the US should look to Europe on how to handle the virus. They cured the virus in early 2020 and the US failed miserably.

To our resident leftists, how could there be a 3rd wave if they managed the virus perfectly?
P.U.T.U
AG
It is not surprising at all, they are still in their "flu" season while the south is out of theirs. I know the Europeans are strict rule followers with the mask and lockdowns yet it doesn't matter.
DCAggie13y
AG
LostInLA07 said:

Lockdowns just delay the spread (if anything), they don't stop it....so I guess it's not all that surprising that countries which locked down more/longer are seeing the same spikes we did, just at a later time.

Yeah I had the same thought. The US has far more cases per capita than both countries so we have more people with natural immunity. The lockdowns might prevent spreading temporarily at the cost of developing natural immunity.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.