HEB updates mask policy. Cant shop without a mask.

6,455 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggiepanic95
The Fall Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.kxan.com/news/business/which-grocery-stores-in-texas-will-require-masks-and-which-wont/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook.com
cmag
Their choice. They'll probably be fine. I'll still have some door dasher drop mine at the door because COVID has taught me **** shopping at the grocery store.
BMX Bandit
Thread title is fake news.

Employees are required to wear them, customers are expected to.

You will not be Kept out of the store if you don't wear a mask at HEB.
beerad12man
AG
So no change. Meaning no actual enforcement. Go into an heb in Austin and you'll see mostly mask. Go into an heb in kingsland and no masks
The Fall Guy
AG
Oh I agree it's their choice. Got too much pressure. I will still have to shop there but I will go to more of the farmers markets now.
cmag
BMX Bandit said:

Thread title is fake news.

Employees are required to wear them, customers are expected to.

You will not be Kept out of the store if you don't wear a mask at HEB.
Ah. Yeah, that's some typical bad writing. "Strongly encouraged", aka, "you do you"
doubledog
Once again, it is their business model. If you choose to shop at HEB then respect it.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Just returned from shopping at HEB in Burleson; I didn't wear a mask and no one made any comments to me about putting one on.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
As an asthmatic I am exempt and they legally can't keep me from shopping because of a medical condition
Tailgate88
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Just returned from shopping at HEB in Burleson; I didn't wear a mask and no one made any comments to me about putting one on.

Same here in College Station yesterday afternoon. 95% had them on though.
Sarge 77
Tailgate88 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

Same here in Colege Station yesterday afternoon. 95% had them on though.

Because it actually starts Wednesday...you'll see a lot less Wednesday.
B-1 83
AG
If I'm in there early, I won't wear one. If I'm there later in the day, I will. After my second dose of Phizer elixir, I'll just roll..... Our HEB is really crowded most of the time.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
aTm2004
AG
You'd think another news stations would mention something about it.
Picard
AG
My new HEB attire will be no mask and a NRA shirt
The Fall Guy
AG
aTm2004 said:

Google is your friend. I'm not posting all of them.

It's their choice. But I am also choosing to buy my vegetables and measurements local suppliers now.
Ol Rock
AG
I have never been required to wear one in my HEB. I don't expect that to change.
Dad
AG
After spending time in the mask nazi capital of the world, I'm now a radicalized anti-masker. I will not put one on for any store and if they can't accept that I'll just stop shopping there.
HUEY04
AG
I go to HEB every couple weeks and haven't put one on yet, I don't see them getting more strict now that the mandate is lifted. In fact, I've only been to 4-5 places total this past year that actually asked me to leave due to no mask
BMX Bandit
aTm2004 said:

They did during the middle of the week. Not sure why this starting still on this
nai06
AG
G. hirsutum Ag said:

As an asthmatic I am exempt and they legally can't keep me from shopping because of a medical condition

They absolutely can require you to wear a mask to shop inside of their business, even if you are asthmatic.
jja79
AG
Shop weekly at HEB without a mask and have for months. Never been questioned. Press and Karen want to stir something up.
Captain Pablo
AG
The Fall Guy said:

Oh I agree it's their choice. Got too much pressure. I will still have to shop there but I will go to more of the farmers markets now.

Except it's still not required

Your thread title is inaccurate
AggDogg61
We need Piggly Wiggly to come back
aggie_wes
AG
The HEB in willow park has been about 50/50 on shoppers wearing masks for months now. I don't expect the number wearing freedom muzzles to increase now that they are not mandatory.
aTm2004
AG
The Fall Guy said:

aTm2004 said:

Google is your friend. I'm not posting all of them.

It's their choice. But I am also choosing to buy my vegetables and measurements local suppliers now.

Looking at Google. Just see a story from Austin's KEYE. Even, then, it states mask use will remain. Nothing about enforcement.
aTm2004
AG
BMX Bandit said:

aTm2004 said:

They did during the middle of the week. Not sure why this starting still on this

It was big news when they announced they'll be recommending them, but this update seems to have nothing more than a couple local Austin stations reporting.
Onceaggie2.0
Don't understand the obsession with heb
BMX Bandit
aTm2004 said:

BMX Bandit said:

aTm2004 said:

It was big news when they announced they'll be recommending them, but this update seems to have nothing more than a couple local Austin stations reporting.

It's not really an update. Still not required
TX04Aggie
AG
Ive been an inner loop snob forever and took pride in being a rare conservative in blue-landia. But all this mess has for once made me consider moving out to the burbs outside Harris County. Ive played nice in the city this whole time, mainly because I just didn't want to deal with the confrontation, but all bets are off this week now. Some neighborhood crazies have started a hit list campaign in the Heights by calling all the businesses asking what their mask policy will be and shaming them if they dont like the response. I am over it.
Old McDonald
"while statewide policy has changed, our store protocol has not. Mask use at our stores will remain. Our signs requiring mask use will remain posted at entrances and we will continue to make announcements in store. We will continue to expect shoppers to wear masks while in our stores. Additionally, we will still require all our Partners and vendors to wear masks while at work."

so are they suggesting masks were never "required" for customers in the first place if nothing has changed? seems they're trying really hard to require them while stopping short of actually saying they're required
BuddysBud
AG
Picard said:

My new HEB attire will be no mask and a NRA shirt

Your Social Credit Score just went down.
malenurse
AG
G. hirsutum Ag said:

I love it when people tell me this when they enter the ER. As politely as I can, I tell them "Put on a mask or leave the ER"
BMX Bandit
If you read this thread, or any of the many other HEB threads, they were never required.
aggie_wes
AG
The HEB in willow park has been about 50/50 on shoppers wearing masks for months now. I don't expect the number wearing freedom muzzles to increase now that they are not mandatory.
Teslag
AG
nai06 said:

G. hirsutum Ag said:

They absolutely can require you to wear a mask to shop inside of their business, even if you are asthmatic.

But thankfully they are not
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.