Andrew Cuomo stripped of emergency powers

3,954 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Waffledynamics
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://nypost.com/2021/03/05/new-york-senate-votes-to-strip-gov-cuomo-of-emergency-powers/

Quote:

Gov. Andrew Cuomo wanted to play strip poker, according to one of his sex harass accusers now he's the one being stripped.

New York state lawmakers moved Friday to rescind the emergency powers they granted to the Democratic to handle the coronavirus pandemic as outrage over his sexual harassment and nursing home cover-up scandals continues to mount.

The New York state Senate backed the new restrictions on Cuomo's executive authority by a party-line vote of 43-20 on Friday afternoon.

Lawmakers in the Assembly followed suit, voting 107-43 later Friday to strip Cuomo of the emergency powers.

Both chambers are dominated by Democrats.

They're playing politics, and it's oh so convenient that this is happening now, but still. This couldn't happen to a more deserving pile of garbage.
Clob94
Ruh Roh Raggie!

Edit for: my best Scoobie Doo impression.
Post removed:
by user
TomFoolery
AG
The snippet here states that Cuomo was stripped of his power by a party line vote in both chambers that are dominated by democrats. Is it implying that all republicans voted for him to keep his emergency powers?
Waffledynamics
AG
TomFoolery said:

The snippet here states that Cuomo was stripped of his power by a party line vote in both chambers that are dominated by democrats. Is it implying that all republicans voted for him to keep his emergency powers?
I was wondering the same thing.
Tabasco
AG
Me too
DrEvazanPhD
Kill a bunch of elderly...model governor.
Make unwanted advances on staffers...tar and feather.

Don't get me wrong, I want this jackass to hang, but prioritize, people!
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
AgResearch
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Democrats are jumping on this story to hopefully bury the nursing home scandal and knock Cuomo down some.
Ag81Golf
Waffledynamics said:

TomFoolery said:

#metoo
Trucker 96
The 63 that voted that he keep them should be strung up with him
TxAg82
AG
Fore Left! said:

Apparently the 63 are all or mostly Republicans? I don't understand politics sometimes.
Trucker 96
TxAg82 said:

Fore Left! said:

Apparently the 63 are all or mostly Republicans? I don't understand politics sometimes.

I think it was likely ****ty writing that isn't accurate. They likely meant only Dems voted for him to retain them, but don't understand what "along party lines" really means
Rocky Rider
AG
AgResearch said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

Democrats are jumping on this story to hopefully bury the nursing home scandal and knock Cuomo down some.

Wag the dog. Burying the story of his culpability in the deaths of thousands with a tantalizing SEX scandal.

agdaddy04
AG
Fore Left! said:

TxAg82 said:

Fore Left! said:

I think it was likely ****ty writing that isn't accurate. They likely meant only Dems voted for him to retain them, but don't understand what "along party lines" really means

I think you'd lose that vote. In New York there are 63 senators - 43 democrats and 20 republicans. Matches exactly the vote total they're reporting.
Old Sarge
AG
A Democrat Governor can overcome a sex scandal, much like a Blackface scandal (see Ralph Northam here). Kill thousands of elderly folks, and it is insurmountable.

The Dems will surely ramp this "nothing burger" of a sex scandal up, only to forgive him when it is the right time as He is a Cuomo, and to cover his murderous decisions with the nursing homes and Covid.

If any news agency that wants to really get at him (hear me OAN/Newsmax), they will run the sex stuff as a secondary byline to the murderous decisions this Fredo F/c made.
91AggieLawyer
AG
AgResearch said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Every story that will be written about this will mention the scandal, and you really can't bury a bad deed by punishing (whether real or perceived) the person who committed the deed.
Waffledynamics
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

AgResearch said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Every story that will be written about this will mention the scandal, and you really can't bury a bad deed by punishing (whether real or perceived) the person who committed the deed.
Sure it makes sense. Cuomo wasn't the only one with that policy, and he's also disliked. They want to get rid of him while running cover for the other Dem governors, Fauci, and the media. The latter two praised Cuomo.
Oak Tree
AG
Average Guy said:

Now we need to do something in Austin

Most conservatives think Abbott is doing a great job...the Democrats and media get the blame. Texas GOP will make sure that no honest and true conservative will be on the Primary ballot for governor. This has worked since W Bush.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
Okay, Texas, let's put some limits on the fascist in Austin!
Oak Tree
AG
Quote:

If any news agency that wants to really get at him (hear me OAN/Newsmax), they will run the sex stuff as a secondary byline to the murderous decisions this Fredo F/c made.

If his actions killed Americans shouldn't Republicans be demanding his arrest? The media doesn't uphold the law or bring justice to those individuals.
FratboyLegend
Fore Left! said:

TxAg82 said:

Fore Left! said:

Every one of you guys need to read the whole article. It says that the R's didn't think they went far enough to reign him in. So they voted against.

It's 2021 during a media-created public hysteria storm, and you couldn't get past paragraph 5 to figure it out.

Pathetic.
#CertifiedSIP
CondensedFogAggie
The POS career is over. Cuomo is a disgrace and needs to resign, and likely go to jail
Oak Tree
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

The POS career is over. Cuomo is a disgrace and needs to resign, and likely go to jail

Democrats, like Cuomo, did what he was told by the progressive leaders. He wont go to jail unless he has purposely disobeyed them...the American justice system is compromised by progressives.
itsyourboypookie
FratboyLegend said:

Fore Left! said:

TxAg82 said:

Fore Left! said:

Every one of you guys need to read the whole article. It says that the R's didn't think they went far enough to reign him in. So they voted against.

It's 2021 during a media-created public hysteria storm, and you couldn't get past paragraph 5 to figure it out.

Pathetic.

We don't give liberal rags clicks.

We read quotes on Texags as god intended
Tabasco
AG
FratboyLegend said:

Fore Left! said:

TxAg82 said:

Fore Left! said:

Pathetic.

I read the whole article soon after it was posted and that part was not in there. If you look at the article byline, it says updated. You couldn't even read that before the first paragraph?

Pathetic
My Name Is Judge
I'm curious who the establishment has pegged as next governor

Can't be deblasio.... might be aoc.... Jesus what a clown state...
ChemEAg08
AG
Pretty sad it too a sex scandal (not killing thousands of old folks) for their legislature to act.

Not saying Texas is doing any better of removing Lord Emperor Abbott's rights to suppress and subdue.
Post removed:
by user
isitjustme
AG
Waffledynamics said:

TomFoolery said:

Not very far down in the article it say she republicans opposed the bill because it didn't strip enough of the emergency powers as moves he's taken will remain in place. My take: They knew it would pass but won't get blamed when Cuomo keeps poorly using his powers.
Old Army Ghost
Buck Turgidson
How the hell are those two things related? Strip him of emergency powers because he is evil and incompetent, not because he made an unwelcome advance.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Waffledynamics said:

91AggieLawyer said:

AgResearch said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

Sure it makes sense. Cuomo wasn't the only one with that policy, and he's also disliked. They want to get rid of him while running cover for the other Dem governors, Fauci, and the media. The latter two praised Cuomo.

Explain how you get rid of Cuomo without ANY mention of the nursing home scandal? They can ignore what other govs. do, of course, but virtually every article is going to mention this. Especially since persons with d by their name ALWAYS survive sex scandals.
FratboyLegend
itsyourboypookie said:

FratboyLegend said:

Fore Left! said:

TxAg82 said:

Fore Left! said:

Pathetic.

Well then, I'm glad this Longhorn is here to do your reading and thinking for you. I'm pretty sure that's the way we both like it.
#CertifiedSIP
Waffledynamics
AG
FratboyLegend said:

itsyourboypookie said:

FratboyLegend said:

Fore Left! said:

TxAg82 said:

Fore Left! said:

Pathetic.

Well then, I'm glad this Longhorn is here to do your reading and thinking for you. I'm pretty sure that's the way we both like it.
Apparently you didn't think enough to not give clicks (and revenue) to sites that don't deserve it.

This is also a good reason to use a site like archive.today to save an archived version, thereby not giving those undeserving sites clicks.

But I'm sure you knew that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.