Abbott is going to get trumped

7,927 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Warsteiner
Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I realize many here want him gone anyway.

That said, he is going to get the trump treatment over this mask thing. The media is already lining up against him. There's not a single positive story from any publication of note about lifting the order.

This wedge will be driven until there is a split.
DrEvazanPhD
Bring it, karens
DallasAg 94
MouthBQ98
AG
Let the CoVID cult show how sociopathic they are, and how much they enjoy inflicting misery and suffering so they can feel sanctimonious, and eventually people will turn on them once they notice the world is not ending.
BMX Bandit
And like Trump, still beat any democrat that runs against him in Texas
BadMoonRisin
AG
They did the same thing to DeSantis. He came out ok.
It's not the severity of the punishment that deters crime; it's the certainty of it.
schmellba99
AG
The fact that we have legions of people in society literally clamoring for and begging the government to strip us of our rights, our humanity and control what absolutely cannot be controlled (much less the fact that they have ignored or forgotten intitialy that the stupid ass masks were never marketed as a preventative cure for the virus) tells me that we are, without a doubt, on death's door as a country.

It is beyond sad at how many people are begging the government to put collars on them.
Who?mikejones!
Abbott doesnt seem to have the fight that desantis does. He doesnt/wont call a spade.
96ags
AG
Serves him right. He shouldn't have tried so hard to appease the crazies early on.
Ag87H2O
AG
The media was never going to be Abbott's, or any other Republicans for that matter, friend anyway. Once the public sees ending the mask mandate is not the end of the world and see people living happy and normally without masks, more people will shed them and realize Abbott was right in his assesment and actions.

By November of 2022, it will be a non-issue. Pissed off Democrats are the least of Abbott's worries.
BCG Disciple
AG
Yet another election that will be decided by suburban white women and their fear based irrationality on all things unsafe to their kids as determined by Facebook posts from friends.
BigRobSA
schmellba99 said:

The fact that we have legions of people in society literally clamoring for and begging the government to strip us of our rights, our humanity and control what absolutely cannot be controlled (much less the fact that they have ignored or forgotten intitialy that the stupid ass masks were never marketed as a preventative cure for the virus) tells me that we are, without a doubt, on death's door as a country.

It is beyond sad at how many people are begging the government to put collars on them.
I blame public schools.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Teslag
AG
In two years it won't matter. Especially when Texas doesn't blow up with deaths.
Tea Party
Don't care how he's treated in the media. He enabled the hoax with his 8 month mandate and restricting businesses from opening.

Short memories of voters allow bad beaurocrats like Abbott to maintain power.

The mountain he will have to climb to earn my vote is nearly insurmountable.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
No Spin Ag
Agthatbuilds said:

Abbott doesnt seem to have the fight that desantis does. He doesnt/wont call a spade.

He also doesn't have the national appeal, so he has to rely on the base, even though he knows they'd rather have someone else, to keep his job.

I saw him this morning on TV and his "push back" was feeble and milqtoast at best. Definitely not what maga would expect, or demand, for the national level.
japantiger
S
Big deal...he's an R; he's automatically racist, sexist, pick-a-phobe because of that. Quit worrying about what the leftist media thinks. He did the right thing...albeit late. **** 'em.
MouthBQ98
AG
BCG Disciple said:

Yet another election that will be decided by suburban white women and their fear based irrationality on all things unsafe to their kids as determined by Facebook posts from friends.

Women tend, as a population, to be more people focused than object focused, and they tend to be more trait agreeable have a higher level of neuroticism. This makes them, as a population, more likely to be irrationally or disproportionately fearful of a threat to harm, especially one that has been systematically pushed and exaggerated for political effect.
beerad12man
AG
The craziest thing is, there are 16 states that don't require masks. It's been business mandated the whole time, and in general strong compliance in most states overall.

It should have never been government mandates, or at least removed months ago let alone March 2nd, as there is still no data the actual government mandate itself made a difference in community spread.

Why some are so dependent on the government to save them is beyond me. Not just depending, but subserviently to the point they want more rules.
Post removed:
by user
Wabs
AG
WHOOP!'91
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

You may recall that DeSantis, as great as his resume is, BARELY beat some FAMU druggie mayor in the last gubernatorial race. Having done a great job, he may have an easier time going forward, but Dem ballot harvesting and cheating has gotten pretty well-refined and wide-spread. Kemp in GA is almost surely going to lose to Abrams next cycle.

A D gov...in GA.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Keegan99
AG
Tea Party said:

Don't care how he's treated in the media. He enabled the hoax with his 8 month mandate and restricting businesses from opening.

Let's say he's polling neck and neck with Beto in '22.

You're willing to stay home and risk Governor O'Rourke? Do you think that will result in better policies for Texas than if Abbott was Governor?

I completely understand an attempt to oust him in the primary. Depending on the opponent, I might join the effort. But opening the door for a Dem to win the governorship is chopping off your hand because you have a hangnail.
Post removed:
by user
Keegan99
AG
WHOOP!'91 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

You may recall that DeSantis, as great as his resume is, BARELY beat some FAMU druggie mayor in the last gubernatorial race. Having done a great job, he may have an easier time going forward, but Dem ballot harvesting and cheating has gotten pretty well-refined and wide-spread. Kemp in GA is almost surely going to lose to Abrams next cycle.

A D gov...in GA.

Then-Governor Scott and later DeSantis got the cheating in South Florida under control during and after 2018. There is a reason why Florida was done counting by 9pm on election night in 2020 and Trump won by 3%. The Dem fraud machine in South Florida had been crushed.
Bunk Moreland
I thought he handled himself well today on his CNBC interview.
twk
AG
Keegan99 said:

Tea Party said:

Let's say he's polling neck and neck with Beto in '22.

You're willing to stay home and risk Governor O'Rourke? Do you think that will result in better policies for Texas than if Abbott was Governor?

I completely understand an attempt to oust him in the primary. Depending on the opponent, I might join the effort. But opening the door for a Dem to win the governorship is chopping off your hand because you have a hangnail.
No use arguing with these people. They are the same folks who leave a church because they disagree with one sermon, only to do the same thing with the next. No one is as perfect as them.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
schmellba99 said:

Your analysis is exactly right. It is shocking our country has fallen so far.
AGHouston11
AG
Well Desantis learned from Trump how to deal with the lying media. Abbott is not him.
Ragoo
AG
Those crying need to go get the JnJ vaccine right away.
ABATTBQ87
AG
BigRobSA said:

schmellba99 said:

I blame public schools.
I didn't realize how pathetic the leadership at public schools is until this flu virus hit, and now all I see on the local news is how the local ISD's are waiting on the TEA to give them direction on what to do regarding masks.
TexAgs91
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I realize many here want him gone anyway.

That said, he is going to get the trump treatment over this mask thing. The media is already lining up against him. There's not a single positive story from any publication of note about lifting the order.

This wedge will be driven until there is a split.
Didn't the media line up against DeSantis too?
"Freedom is never more than one election away from extinction"
Fight! Fight! Fight!
No Spin Ag
ABATTBQ87 said:

BigRobSA said:

schmellba99 said:

I blame public schools.
I didn't realize how pathetic the leadership at public schools is until this flu virus hit, and now all I see on the local news is how the local ISD's are waiting on the TEA to give them direction on what to do regarding masks.

They're likely afraid of lawsuits and want to be and to put the blame on someone else.
BMX Bandit
They aren't afraid of lawsuits.

They are afraid of losing control.
Cassius
of course. They hate, literally, anyone who opposes them. DeSantis is the man!
MooreTrucker
AG
Tea Party said:

Just don't vote Dem.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.