MTG

5,945 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by policywonk98
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieG15 said:

It's comical how people say science says there are two genders. It doesn't say that - Look up Intersex (formerly called hermaphroditism). It's all more complex than anyone wants it to be.
So because there are between .018% and 1.7% of the population who have a genetic anomaly, we must force the rest of society to take part in the "feelings" of anyone who does not think they fit into societal norms? ridiculous on its face.
WHOOP!'91
AG
AggieG15 said:

It's comical how people say science says there are two genders. It doesn't say that - Look up Intersex (formerly called hermaphroditism). It's all more complex than anyone wants it to be.
Almost all parents choose a gender for their newborn in that case. Trying to control the vast majority by emphasizing the extremely rare case is a complete non-starter in a rational conversation. There should have to be a darned good reason to make 99% of people uncomfortable. So the other 1% is more comfortable ain't it.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Gaius Rufus
WHOOP!'91 said:

Bottom line is this: SJWs don't care about anyone else's rights. So 1MM trans people can be more comfortable, 300MM non-trans should be made uncomfortable. If they don't like it, tough. Same with racial "equity", access to internet forums, etc. Their religion is all that matters. They don't care about fair, reasonable or constitutional.
What, specifically, makes you uncomfortable? Also, why does it make you uncomfortable?
Gaius Rufus
AgBQ-00 said:

AggieG15 said:

So because there are between .018% and 1.7% of the population who have a genetic anomaly, we must force the rest of society to take part in the "feelings" of anyone who does not think they fit into societal norms? ridiculous on its face.
Why is it ridiculous to call somebody by a pronoun they prefer? How does it impact you?
AgBQ-00
AG
Gaius Rufus said:

AgBQ-00 said:

AggieG15 said:

Why is it ridiculous to call somebody by a pronoun they prefer? How does it impact you?
Because if I can be brought up for violating the new legislation for "misgendering" someone it is compelled speech. I am vehemently against the force of law being used to compel speech and to censor speech by punishing those who would speak out against the practice of teaching children that they decide if they are a boy or a girl. Divorcing gender identity from biological sex is asinine.
WHOOP!'91
AG
Gaius Rufus said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Bottom line is this: SJWs don't care about anyone else's rights. So 1MM trans people can be more comfortable, 300MM non-trans should be made uncomfortable. If they don't like it, tough. Same with racial "equity", access to internet forums, etc. Their religion is all that matters. They don't care about fair, reasonable or constitutional.
What, specifically, makes you uncomfortable? Also, why does it make you uncomfortable?
Biological males in the lockerroom with my middle- and high-school aged daughters? Is "what makes you uncomfortable" a real question in that context?

Answer the question "why do trans people feel uncomfortable in locker rooms with people with the same genitalia" and you will be on the right track, except I think changing that to different genitalia makes a lot more sense to be uncomfortable.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Decay
AG
Forget comfort. It's a safety issue. Biological males do not belong in a locker room with biological females. Identification doesn't mean anything in this discussion.
jrdaustin
AG
Gaius Rufus said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Or seeing, in 15 years, all the records in women's sports are held by transgender males; and, my female grandchildren choose not to play competitive sports because... Well, what's the point?
Gaius Rufus
WHOOP!'91 said:

Gaius Rufus said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Biological males in the lockerroom with my middle- and high-school aged daughters? Is "what makes you uncomfortable" a real question in that context?

Answer the question "why do trans people feel uncomfortable in locker rooms with people with the same genitalia" and you will be on the right track, except I think changing that to different genitalia makes a lot more sense to be uncomfortable.
Why does that make you uncomfortable? Do you believe individuals that are trans are going to try and hurt your child?

Did you have the same fears about homosexuals when you were in middle/high school?

How about any teacher of the opposite gender who is straight?

My point is, since I probably should be very clear, is that your "fear" seems to be based on the stereotype you are applying to trans individuals. Not on actual reality.
Gaius Rufus
jrdaustin said:

Gaius Rufus said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Or seeing, in 15 years, all the records in women's sports are held by transgender males; and, my female grandchildren choose not to play competitive sports because... Well, what's the point?
That seems highly unlikely. There will certainly be a change to rules as more trans athletes compete, but it won't get to the point where women will stop playing sports.

Just to point out, there are already studies on this and it isn't as severe as you are making it:

Quote:

For all the hand-wringing about transgender women ruining women's sport, so far there's little evidence of that happening. Although CeC Telfer and June Eastwood garnered attention for their outstanding performances on women's collegiate running teams, they are hardly the only transgender athletes in the NCAA. Helen Carroll is a LGBTQ sports advocate who worked on the NCAA transgender handbook. Through her advocacy work, she has interacted extensively with transgender athletes and she estimates there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 to 200 transgender athletes currently competing in NCAA sports. Most of them "you don't hear a thing about," she says, because their participation hasn't caused controversy.

https://www.wired.com/story/the-glorious-victories-of-trans-athletes-are-shaking-up-sports/
CoppellAg93
AG
Quote:

My point is, since I probably should be very clear, is that your "fear" seems to be based on the stereotype you are applying to trans individuals. Not on actual reality.
So are you a shrink or did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ?? Asking for a friend.
WHOOP!'91
AG
Gaius Rufus said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Gaius Rufus said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Why does that make you uncomfortable? Do you believe individuals that are trans are going to try and hurt your child?

Did you have the same fears about homosexuals when you were in middle/high school?

So trans people are stereotyping people with their same genitalia? That's why they aren't comfortable in the locker room that matches their plumbing?

Simply put, there is no compelling reason to force this change on non-trans people.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Gaius Rufus
CoppellAg93 said:

Quote:

So are you a shrink or did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ?? Asking for a friend.
Nope. Simply giving my opinion (just like everybody else on here that you don't seem to have an issue with).
Gaius Rufus
WHOOP!'91 said:

Gaius Rufus said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Gaius Rufus said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

So trans people are stereotyping people with their same genitalia? That's why they aren't comfortable in the locker room that matches their plumbing?

Simply put, there is no compelling reason to force this change on non-trans people.
I can't speak for what makes a trans person uncomfortable. I would suggest asking one. Of course, they might just dodge your question like you dodged all of mine.
CoppellAg93
AG
You're telling him what his fears are coming from as if you even know the guy - that's not opinion - that's projecting your beliefs on someone else. Not the same thing.
Old McDonald
all this performative "owning" of the other side is childish. these people didn't get elected to behave like an internet trolls. then again, the way political discourse has gone in this country maybe that's all you need to get elected.
Gaius Rufus
CoppellAg93 said:

You're telling him what his fears are coming from as if you even know the guy - that's not opinion - that's projecting your beliefs on someone else. Not the same thing.
Since we are playing at semantics, I said "seems to be", not "is". Of course, now you are telling me what I "said" and are "projecting your beliefs" on to me. Kind of defeats your white knighting.
zoneag
Old McDonald said:

all this performative "owning" of the other side is childish. these people didn't get elected to behave like an internet trolls. then again, the way political discourse has gone in this country maybe that's all you need to get elected.

Ah, wrong thread.
StandUpforAmerica
Back to MTG.... the more I read and listen to MTG, the better she looks. One from before the election.

CoppellAg93
AG
Gaius Rufus said:

CoppellAg93 said:

Since we are playing at semantics, I said "seems to be", not "is". Of course, now you are telling me what I "said" and are "projecting your beliefs" on to me. Kind of defeats your white knighting.
Dude - seriously - who are you to tell anyone what their "fears" are based on ?

We all offer our opinions on here everyday - that's fine. But you're giving your opinion on something that is subjective to him and him only - that's crossing the line.
wyoag93
AG
Gaius Rufus said:

AgBQ-00 said:

AggieG15 said:

First of all, I couldn't remember all the pronouns if I wanted to, so that by itself is ridiculous. Second of all, are they really preferred pronouns or demanded pronouns? Based on how offended people get if they are not used,, calling them preferred seems to be a stretch. If they are preferred, then I prefer not to use them, and prefer not to be around people who are so easily offended about something as ridiculous as this.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
FFS, this is 2020, all discussion and time spent on this is completely a waste of $$ and resources...

"Without the Equality Act, millions of Americans like my daughter can be denied housing, education, and more simply because they identify as transgender." ABSOLUTLEY 100000% FALSE, INACCURATE, OUTRIGHT LIE.

Newsflash, NOBODY CARES if your son identifies as a woman and acts and dresses like a woman and wants to have sex with either men or women. It's his life, he can do whatever he wants. But that does not mean we pass legislation the makes it legal for any man to just walk into a women's locker room and hang out if they feel like it, all they have to say is "I identify as...." yada yada yada.

bad_teammate
WHOOP!'91 said:

Bottom line is this: SJWs don't care about anyone else's rights. So 1MM trans people can be more comfortable, 300MM non-trans should be made uncomfortable.
Is being comfortable a "right"?

Sounds like snowflake stuff, honestly.
Rex Racer
AG
Gumby said:

This is how women negotiate. I had some women tell me that they would leave their female roommates passive aggressive sticky notes around the apartment instead of talking to them. This is the politician version of a passive aggressive sticky note.
Yep. I used to date a girl whose roommate did this to her constantly. She would find little sticky notes all over the place from her.
taxpreparer
AG
Gaius Rufus said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Probably, exactly the same thing that makes them (or should that be you?) uncomfortable.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
astros4545
AG
AggieG15 said:

I bet you think all abortions are from rape and incest
WHOOP!'91
AG
bad_teammate said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Bottom line is this: SJWs don't care about anyone else's rights. So 1MM trans people can be more comfortable, 300MM non-trans should be made uncomfortable.
Is being comfortable a "right"?

Sounds like snowflake stuff, honestly.
Tell that to the snowflake trans people who want to force this change so they can feel more comfortable.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Gbr1971
TTUArmy said:

C@LAg said:

They are both acting like children.
You know...it's this sort of attitude that has allowed Dems to shape the narrative for decades. RINO's always want to act morally superior and take the high road. And they still get their collective ass handed to them pretty regular. Maybe it's time conservatives took the kid's gloves off and started fighting dirty.
I couldn't disagree more. If you think Green, Matt Gaetz, Louis Gohmert, the hot chick from Colorado, Ted Cruz, etc. are moving the ball on conservative policy, you're not paying attention. They are fan service politicians that only preach to the choir. They don't attempt to grow the coalition, or put serious policies out.

If you think the "RINO's" are getting the getting their as**s handed to them, you sound exactly like the hard left. They believe that people like McConnell are handing the Dems their as**s to them regularly.

Both sides should understand that the other side isn't going anywhere and you will never get everything you want. If those on the right would understand and believe that, what should they do? I would want to make sure I grew my coalition to win more than I lose. By the way, I would make the argument that in the last 40 years conservatives have more wins than losses, but that doesn't mean the losses don't hurt and there's more to be done or undone.
jrdaustin
AG
Gaius Rufus said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Gaius Rufus said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Gaius Rufus said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

I can't speak for what makes a trans person uncomfortable. I would suggest asking one. Of course, they might just dodge your question like you dodged all of mine.
Okay, I'm going to give you one shot with an honest answer. How you reply will go a long way in revealing how serious your are about this, or rather if you are just blindly pushing your agenda - which I suspect is the case...

Why does it make me uncomfortable? One reason. Because the girls in the room are likely to be uncomfortable. Unnecessarily. And frankly it has little to do whether an individual would try to hurt someone. Rather, I believe witnessing someone who has different plumbing showering with them might be detrimental to their privacy and feeling of safety. And what if they are bi? And get aroused? That is an experience that young girls don't NEED to have in a team sports setting. The locker room is supposed to be a safe space, and I fail to see where transgender insertion into that space will keep it safe - literally and emotionally.

Honestly, I did have some fears about certain homosexuals in High School, and especially college and afterward. Do you want to know why? Perhaps it is that the handful of times overt physical passes have been made at me out of the blue were by gay guys. I'm talking grabbing and propositioning. It seems personal courtesy and respectfulness didn't mean as much in that world. I'm certainly not implying that all, or even most, LBGT individuals lack that courtesy and respectfulness; however, I have seen enough of it to know it could be an issue.

Honestly, there are a couple of teachers of the opposite gender who I wish made a pass at me. And others that I am very glad that didn't. But, rather irrelevant to this conversation.

The result - the point that "Simply put, there is no compelling reason to force this change on non-trans people" wins the day.
TTUArmy
Gbr1971 said:

TTUArmy said:

C@LAg said:

They are both acting like children.
You know...it's this sort of attitude that has allowed Dems to shape the narrative for decades. RINO's always want to act morally superior and take the high road. And they still get their collective ass handed to them pretty regular. Maybe it's time conservatives took the kid's gloves off and started fighting dirty.
I couldn't disagree more. If you think Green, Matt Gaetz, Louis Gohmert, the hot chick from Colorado, Ted Cruz, etc. are moving the ball on conservative policy, you're not paying attention. They are fan service politicians that only preach to the choir. They don't attempt to grow the coalition, or put serious policies out.

If you think the "RINO's" are getting the getting their as**s handed to them, you sound exactly like the hard left. They believe that people like McConnell are handing the Dems their as**s to them regularly.

Both sides should understand that the other side isn't going anywhere and you will never get everything you want. If those on the right would understand and believe that, what should they do? I would want to make sure I grew my coalition to win more than I lose. By the way, I would make the argument that in the last 40 years conservatives have more wins than losses, but that doesn't mean the losses don't hurt and there's more to be done or undone.
It's the politicians you listed that can move the ball on conservative policy. And we need more of them. Granted, they have a hard fight against the D's, but also the establishment R's. The milquetoast Republican politicians that have negotiated with leftist policymakers have given in way too often when they should have fought harder. I think Americans are pretty tired of these "polite and stately", middle of the road, R's that just layover. Personally, I'm sick of the folks that keep electing them to office.

In case you haven't been paying attention, we have socialism on our door step and a Dem president that is inviting that riff-raff in. A real conservative Republican party would have nipped this crap in the bud long ago, but RINOs have played nice and given leftists an open door to do what they want. That's not R's winning. That's getting our ass handed to us long term.
Gbr1971
Try to run 535 Louis Gohmerts and Matt Gaetz nationwide for the House and Senate. I will run 535 Mike Gallaghers (from Wisconsin) and Ben Sasses and we will see who gets better conservative results.
TTUArmy
Quote:

Ben Sasse
Ohhhh...so you are one of those that gets their panties in twist over mean tweets.

Got it.
DCAggie13y
AG
Gaius Rufus said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Gaius Rufus said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Maybe he is not afraid of legitimately trans people. Maybe his concern is some perverted man who claims they are trans so they can access the girls locker room and bathroom.

Every rule has unintended consequences. I think people are more concerned about the perverts and pedophiles who are not trans who might exploit these rules.
Gbr1971
TTUArmy said:

Quote:

Ben Sasse
Ohhhh...so you are one of those that gets their panties in twist over mean tweets.

Got it.
This post proves you're not a serious person. You like fan service. You WANT to be entertained. "Please, Please, own the Libs some more." Please for the sake of the country, get your entertainment elsewhere. Tech has a good basketball team. Start there.
TRADUCTOR
In the ye old days seeing chicks with beards you were at the circus.

We are at the circus.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.