Apple Suspends Parler

4,186 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cityagboy
dmart90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just go to the website. You don't need an app...

Edit: And if you go to their site, it asks you if you want to download the app or continue in the browser.
74OA
AG
The other side of the story: WHY?

Amazon's full letter to Parler outlining its concerns is at the bottom of the article.
johnnyblaze36
AG
2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

TexasAggie73 said:

I was just able to download Parlor with the Apple store app.

Parler. Just tried. It's not in the App Store.
Someone needs to remind us who the real authoritarians are here (as I found this article through a google search and then tried to find the app as well on my iphone after purchasing a new pair of shoes on amazon earlier today...FML).
Serotonin
AG
dmart90 said:

Just go to the website. You don't need an app...

Edit: And if you go to their site, it asks you if you want to download the app or continue in the browser.

The site will not be available as soon as AWS pulls the rug out.
deddog
AG
Texasaggie32 said:

Do Dems still want to regulate big tech? Probably the only thing I agree with Pocahontas on
Why the F*** do you think Big Tech is purging conservative thoughts and ideas from the internet?
The threat worked, they are falling in line for their masters.
johnnyblaze36
AG
deddog said:

Texasaggie32 said:

Do Dems still want to regulate big tech? Probably the only thing I agree with Pocahontas on
Why the F*** do you think Big Tech is purging conservative thoughts and ideas from the internet?
The threat worked, they are falling in line for their masters.
Exactly this. Pocahontas does not want to regulate big tech for the right reasons but rather to further her and the left's agenda for a monopoly on acceptable speech and thought.
45-70Ag
AG
Amazon just took parler off it's store as well.
deddog
AG
Here is my prediction:

The Marxists are using the "insurrection" to purge conservative thought and speech
They will use a Biden assassination to purge the 2nd amendment.
Book it.

2 Birds 1 Stone
Kamala Harris in the WH, Disarming of the citizens.

And every liberal here will goaltend when it happens.
Little Rock Ag
AG
Time to organize some massive "sit-ins" at your local Apple Stores. Fill the stores, have a seat, and chant "Apple censors". Yeah, you may get arrested for trespassing, but the more people you cram in there, the better.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Amazon kicking them off of servers: I hope Parler sues the hell out all these a-holes

Sunday (tomorrow) at midnight Amazon will be shutting off all of our servers in an attempt to completely remove free speech off the internet. There is the possibility Parler will be unavailable on the internet for up to a week as we rebuild from scratch. We prepared for events like this by never relying on amazons proprietary infrastructure and building bare metal products.

We will try our best to move to a new provider right now as we have many competing for our business, however Amazon, Google and Apple purposefully did this as a coordinated effort knowing our options would be limited and knowing this would inflict the most damage right as President Trump was banned from the tech companies.

This was a coordinated attack by the tech giants to kill competition in the market place. We were too successful too fast. You can expect the war on competition and free speech to continue, but don't count us out.

#speakfreely
https://parler.com/post/009ba435b68c46d4955e1cd7737fa27c

The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
black_ice
*******s
cityagboy
AG

Saint Pablo
74OA said:

The other side of the story: WHY?

Amazon's full letter to Parler outlining its concerns is at the bottom of the article.
Yeah that's a crock of ***** Things of that nature neverrrrr make it onto Twitter or Facebook.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I've posted it before, but the irony is too rich:
Quote:

Today we celebrate the first glorious anniversary of the Information Purification Directives.

We have created for the first time in all history a garden of pure ideology, where each worker may bloom, secure from the pests of any contradictory true thoughts. Our Unification of Thoughts is more powerful a weapon than any fleet or army on earth.

cityagboy
AG
Little Rock Ag said:

Time to organize some massive "sit-ins" at your local Apple Stores. Fill the stores, have a seat, and chant "Apple censors". Yeah, you may get arrested for trespassing, but the more people you cram in there, the better.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.