BoydCrowder13 said:

Nitro Power said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Nitro Power said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Onceaggie2.0 said:

According to boyd crowder extra $20 at the pump is all good

Just not that big of a deal for most people. Irritating? Sure. But if $20 a month in gas is going to break your budget, you are living dangerously on the edge.

Gas taxes suck though. I am okay with fuel prices being higher if it helps Houston or Texas based energy companies. Gas tax only helps the government.

That being said, I guess if you had to raise taxes I'd rather it be a consumption or flat tax than a progressive tax.

Gas prices (while annoying) don't move the needle for me as much as home insurance, property taxes, car insurance, etc. Those tend to impact the budget a little more.

In summary, these type of fuel increases only help the government. I prefer them to a progressive tax if those are the 2 options. They are irritating but not devastating to most people.
Yes, because the increased cost will ONLY show up when you purchase a tank of gas. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

It will show up other places. Though fuel prices will continue to ebb and flow. Just like they have for the last 20 years. Commodity prices can increase or decrease in a week.
What exactly is going to cause commodity prices to decrease at this point in time? The answer...not a damn thing. Adding any increased cost will simply compound the inflation we are experiencing.

We will see. All it takes is Russia or Saudi to decide to turn on the spigot.
Russia turning ON the spigot

that post has NOT aged well!!