If you have/had Covid

3,882 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ironmanag
thirdcoast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fauci said that covid antibodies protect you for at least 3 years. Yes, he actually said this.
Muy
AG
thirdcoast said:

Fauci said that covid antibodies protect you for at least 3 years. Yes, he actually said this.

Well ****; I'm about to go crazy!
Sid Farkas
AG
polarice said:

Sid Farkas said:

My wife came out of the bedroom feeling sick Saturday before last. Sniffles and cough. I have preexisting so when she went back to bed I grabbed all the necessary work related electronics and split to the weekend house. Later that week (week ago today) I got tested (negative). She got tested the next day (positive).

I got a second test four days ago (I know your not supposed to do that but dgaf)...came back negative again. Called my doc, checked CDC website and also posted on the coronabro forum. they all gave me the parameters mentioned above re: isolation time, improving condition, etc...I came home on Tuesday (11 days after onset of symptoms).

Wife's condition is improving every day. All is good.

Btw, my wife is asking: "so this is the weak **** we shut down the whole world for? Wtf?"

So weak you fled your home for almost 2 weeks?
I have preexisting (autoimmune) condition that is still being sorted out by my rheumatologist. (briefly mentioned above)

youre a pretty cool person
Muy
AG
You did the right thing. Don't let the super humans tell you otherwise. They're jealous you actually have a vacation home.
polarice
AG
Sid Farkas said:

polarice said:

Sid Farkas said:

My wife came out of the bedroom feeling sick Saturday before last. Sniffles and cough. I have preexisting so when she went back to bed I grabbed all the necessary work related electronics and split to the weekend house. Later that week (week ago today) I got tested (negative). She got tested the next day (positive).

I got a second test four days ago (I know your not supposed to do that but dgaf)...came back negative again. Called my doc, checked CDC website and also posted on the coronabro forum. they all gave me the parameters mentioned above re: isolation time, improving condition, etc...I came home on Tuesday (11 days after onset of symptoms).

Wife's condition is improving every day. All is good.

Btw, my wife is asking: "so this is the weak **** we shut down the whole world for? Wtf?"

So weak you fled your home for almost 2 weeks?
I have preexisting (autoimmune) condition that is still being sorted out by my rheumatologist. (briefly mentioned above)

youre a pretty cool person
Hey, I am glad you and your wife are okay.

I am just calling out the dissonance of the virus being called weak, while at the same time you leaving your home for 11 days.

Also glad you continue to have healthcare even with your pre-existing condition.
encinoag
AG
45-70Ag said:

I tested positive last Friday. Work told me i can return Tuesday of next week and i don't need another test. I was kind of surprised by that. Not sure what I'll do.
Daughter is a paramedic in Houston. Tested positive back in August. Quarantined for 2 weeks then returned to work, no retest required
Stat Monitor Repairman
I wish covid came in snortable form.
nhamp07
AG
Texags logic: I had a mild case so therefore the virus is mild for everyone.
Stat Monitor Repairman
The wages of Covid is death.
SlimM
AG
nhamp07 said:

This. I'm sure the people on this thread who had severe pneumonia and/or spent multiple nights in the hospital love hearing over and over about what a weak nothingburger this disease is!
Pumpkinhead
AG
Parents live in Midland. Said the COVID cases are so high right now that the Midland hospital is now out of beds and they have had to set up temporary tents to deal with the surge. They had 6 reported deaths yesterday.

Not a 'corona bro' in that not paranoid about this, I think the economic shut downs need to be avoided as much as possible because of the cost.

But I do also think COVID is a real issue, not a made up fairy tale. The problem with COVID is yeah vast majority of people who get this will be fine, mild flu symptom experience, but the durn thing is so super contagious that even a small percentage of a really big number is a big number so the hospitals do start having problems with surges. Even in the U.S. and European countries with good infrastructures (developing countries are screwed).

Thankfully vaccines are on the way and there is a clear light at the end of the tunnel. By the beginning of next summer the world should be about through this.
Maroon Dawn
AG
SlimM said:

nhamp07 said:

This. I'm sure the people on this thread who had severe pneumonia and/or spent multiple nights in the hospital love hearing over and over about what a weak nothingburger this disease is!

Leftist logic: find the one person in a thousand who had a bad case, do put them on the front page, ignore the vast majority who have mild cases, act like the rare bad case is the rule rather than the exception to incite as much fear as possible
The_Fox
SlimM said:

nhamp07 said:

I would be trying to figure out what made me more susceptible to the virus and work on fixing that so that next time I am like the other 95% of people.
ironmanag
AG
Every disease acts differently in different people.

You are simply a weak person mentally if a disease that has a 99.96 survivability scares you into submission.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.