Use of Facts

4,126 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Lone Stranger
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This board is full of people with above average intelligence. All conservatives on here have above average intelligence. There is no way they can be manipulated or act like sheep because they are above that. Arrogance and a lack of self-awareness at its worst.
C@LAg

Sine poena nulla lex
Post removed:
by user
Heisenberg01
AG
I think you are mistakenly equating more stars to being more correct or giving a better answer. Stars on F16 are as meaningless as Shrute bucks and Stanley nickels.
AggieIce
AG
Perhaps we simply don't want to negotiate and "meet in the middle" with a population that has made it clear they find everything about us deplorable and have repeatedly stated that we are beyond saving?

They embrace a purely punitive and destructive ideology and live in a world detached from reality.
Ellis Wyatt
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

This board is full of people with above average intelligence. All conservatives on here have above average intelligence. There is no way they can be manipulated or act like sheep because they are above that. Arrogance and a lack of self-awareness at its worst.
and you aaaarrrrreeeee????
Post removed:
by user
dBoy99
AG
jayelbee said:

AggieIce said:

Perhaps we simply don't want to negotiate and "meet in the middle" with a population that has made it clear they find everything about us deplorable and have repeatedly stated that we are beyond saving?

They embrace a purely punitive and destructive ideology and live in a world detached from reality.

Not enough context here to tell which side you're on and which you're against, but I'm not sure it's relevant to my point about using facts to make a point, unless you're saying that facts don't matter as long as you can win.
Harry Reid - is that you?

Edited to include source: https://time.com/3765158/harry-reid-mitt-romney-no-taxes/
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Ellis Wyatt said:

The only thing I'm certain of is communism never works and Kevin Sumlin is a greater fraud than Dennis Franchione.
depriest1022
AG
jayelbee said:

Are those not examples of how the board perceives post content?

While your second half of the list clearly gets into outrageous, you also left out that they're awarded when you agree with the post.

I give stars when posts make me laugh.
depriest1022
AG

Ellis Wyatt said:

The only thing I'm certain of is communism never works and Kevin Sumlin is a greater fraud than Dennis Franchione.

That's 2 things
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
depriest1022 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

That's 2 things

I say they go together.
TxSquarebody
jayelbee said:

There are data that are tough to measure. There are data that are open to vast amounts of interpretation. And there are data that result from application of political and economic theory.

"Alternative facts" are a recent invention.

Who are you to disagree with my truth??
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
That_Guy_Moose said:

ruddyduck said:

That_Guy_Moose said:

If you come to F16 for truth and factual analysis you've come to the wrong place.

this guy knows what he's talking about. he's never posted either.

Bro what? I've been here for quite some time.

maybe some bolding will clarify for you.
Txag12345
What did you expect? This place is a Qanon cesspool.
That_Guy_Moose
AG
ruddyduck said:

That_Guy_Moose said:

ruddyduck said:

That_Guy_Moose said:

If you come to F16 for truth and factual analysis you've come to the wrong place.

maybe some bolding will clarify for you.

Ah apologies my man, I should learn to read.
Ag with kids
AG
polarice said:

aggiehawg said:

That_Guy_Moose said:

You have never met me, obviously.

I want the truth. Not a dem on the face of the earth wants truth. Biden doesn't.
exhibit a
Exhibit b...
TRADUCTOR
jayelbee said:

law-apt-3g said:

Nobody made you judge of 'crazy'. Whatever you deem as a 'crazy take' is certainly not official.

Complaining about internet facts is crazy, so much so, crazy internet facts is a meme. Nothing more official than an internet meme.

This board is entertainment...no godless liberal peer review of fact. You can get schooled however.

I didn't set out to judge crazy here. Whatever your viewpoint is and whether it matches or differs from mine, I'm sure we can both agree that there are some opinions here that are nuttier than a **** house rat, even if we aren't talking about the same ones.

But you did, and frankly.
MASAXET
AG
That_Guy_Moose said:

Add legal analysis to the list
Dad
AG
I starred some of those posts in the OP. I"m a bit of a star ho and give them up too easily. I will try and only star posts that have been facebook fact checked from now on.
ravingfans
AG

Ellis Wyatt said:

Gotta respectfully disagree with you on your second statement there. The program was in shambles when franchione was shown the door. When sumlin left, the program was markedly better, had beaten the number one team in the country and had successfully entered the SEC. sumlin reached his ceiling quickly and was shown the door, but fran had no hope of reaching even mediocrity during his watch.

Sorry for the derail--

Let's all agree that communism never works!
TEX465
AG
This whole thread is...weird.

90% of views expressed anywhere are fact-less echoes from some echo chamber. When people do provide facts, they select the facts that support their position while ignoring those that oppose it.

Everyone who wants to have an honest discussion has to sift through a crazy amount of noise to get to even a sliver of signal.

What's new?
13B
Does it make you more credible to post a link to a random (or specific) source that supports your position OR are you more credible if you do not misspell ridiculous? Especially when the posting function has spell check. I've seen both praised and both made fun of here.
mazag08
AG
The fact is, social online forums without a single liberal are infinitely more productive, caring, factual, friendly, and conversational than a place that has even a single liberal.
Tailgate88
AG
ruddyduck said:

That_Guy_Moose said:

POTD!
Cassius
That_Guy_Moose said:

ruddyduck said:

That_Guy_Moose said:

Right over that liberal noggin of yours that tells us the truth and does fact based analysis.
FratboyLegend
In your second example, both BMX and I are correct. We were simply talking past one another for a few posts back and forth. There was no question of fact whatsoever in the discussion.

Of course, you don't include quotes of the conclusion of our conversation in your write up...
BMX Bandit
FratboyLegend said:

In your second example, both BMX and I are correct. We were simply talking past one another for a few posts back and forth. There was no question of fact whatsoever in the discussion.

Sorry, you were wrong when you said businesses have to take cash based on "legal tender". That's false.

You have an example to when a debt can be settled for offering cash. But the fact remains a business does not have to take cash.
Tanya 93
AggieKeith15 said:

All the first posters, none of them had facts. All of them liberals. Lol
except I posted a links to the Feds saying a business can refuse cash. It think a statement from the source is fact
MaroonStain
AG

So we should believe in...

Systemic racism
Global cooling climate warming MMGW change
Children right to gender at age X
Gender pay gap
57 states
Single payer health insurance
CRT/1616 in schools and government
Open borders
Taxpayer benefits for illegals
Voter ID is "ummmm...racist"

What else? <unwraps piece of gum> I'll wait.
Lone Stranger
Facts are subject to interpretation.

Some statements can be "more factual" than others.

TAMU is one of the biggest cheating schools in NCAA history.

TAMU is near the top of the list of schools with the most major sanctions in NCAA History.

or........

Aggies don't lie, cheat or steal

Aggies have a long history of embelishment, ignoring the rules and acquiring things that aren't theirs.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.