What if trump pardons himself

6,391 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JamesBREI06
agjacent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What if trump pardons himself before leaving office for any and all crimes he "may" have committed? What if he pardons his children in the same blanket manner? What if he pardons himself and/or his children for any future crimes?

Would any of that change your opinion of him?

I assume that some here will respond that it'll be necessary for trump to issue such broad pardons for himself and his family, including even for future crimes, as protection from vindictive/false prosecution by the deep state, etc. If that's how you feel about it, okay, duly noted. But for the rest of you who support trump, would him pardoning himself before leaving office cause you to reconsider your support?
aggiez03
AG
AG
My Lord....
BQ78
AG
Quote:

pardons himself and/or his children for any future crimes?
That would be so awesome it would be the Purge every day for the Trump family.
BMX Bandit
He can't pardon for future crimes.

And if he pardoned himself, that's an admission of being being guilty later if he was charged. Why would he do that?

agjacent
So, the first three responses find the possibility of trump pardoning himself and/or his children to be utterly outlandish, in never-gonna-happen territory? So if he were to do it, that would presumably lower your opinion of him?
titan
S

All for it if he can. Its the minimum pay back for the judicial farce that has let all the Obamians of the dossier coup skate and the Pelosi-Schumer subversion go without penalty. Forcing a situation where the double-standard "justice" system has to at least leave him alone after leaving office is just fine.

Incidentally, oddly enough, believe this is possible, and has been done before.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
HoustonAggie37713
Interesting given we have so much proof of Biden's crimes. Will he pardon himself?
Thinice
Obama pardoned himself, luckily new stuff is fair game
Post removed:
by user
fka ftc
titan said:

All for it if he can. Its the minimum pay back for the judicial farce that has let all the Obamians of the dossier coup skate and the Pelosi-Schumer subversion go without penalty. Forcing a situation where the double-standard "justice" system has to at least leave him alone after leaving office is just fine.

Incidentally, oddly enough, believe this is possible, and has been done before.
This. 100% on board with him to protect at least to a small extent the unleashing of the new admin on him and his family. He should employ all protections he can. The DimLibs will stop at nothing.
Post removed:
by user
agjacent
BMX Bandit said:

And if he pardoned himself, that's an admission of being being guilty later if he was charged. Why would he do that?

There's no actual precedent for a president pardoning himself, since no president's ever tried it before. There's a DOJ memo from Nixon-times saying that, because no one can serve as their own judge, no one can pardon themselves, but again, it's never been actually tried.

As for why trump would pardon himself, I think the answer's obvious - to stay out of prison. If he did it, I don't think he would care that accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt so long as it means he won't be federally prosecuted for anything.
cevans_40
AG
agjacent said:

BMX Bandit said:

There's no actual precedent for a president pardoning himself, since no president's ever tried it before. There's a DOJ memo from Nixon-times saying that, because no one can serve as their own judge, no one can pardon themselves, but again, it's never been actually tried.

As for why trump would pardon himself, I think the answer's obvious - to stay out of prison. If he did it, I don't think he would care that accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt so long as it means he won't be federally prosecuted for anything.

What actual crime are you dreaming up?
aggieforester05
AG
Should Obama be charged with crimes for his plethora of criminal activity in office? If not, why is it different than prosecution of fishing expedition crimes that Democrats manage to scrape up against Trump?
agjacent
cevans_40 said:

agjacent said:

BMX Bandit said:

The same thing trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, went to prison for - campaign finance violations. Did you forget that trump is "Individual-1"?
HarryJ33tamu
If I were Trump, I would 100% pardon myself before I leave office in 2025. The left is full of vile subhuman filth. They impeached him for nothing. You know they will go after him and his family after he leaves office.
Rossticus
agjacent said:

What if trump pardons himself before leaving office for any and all crimes he "may" have committed? What if he pardons his children in the same blanket manner? What if he pardons himself and/or his children for any future crimes?

Would any of that change your opinion of him?

I assume that some here will respond that it'll be necessary for trump to issue such broad pardons for himself and his family, including even for future crimes, as protection from vindictive/false prosecution by the deep state, etc. If that's how you feel about it, okay, duly noted. But for the rest of you who support trump, would him pardoning himself before leaving office cause you to reconsider your support?

Trump is staying in the White House. Why would he need to pardon himself?
fka ftc
Legit when the party of "healing and unity" and supporters of tolerance wants to put Trump in prison for being the greatest President this Country has ever had, likely will ever have.
agjacent
aggieforester05 said:

Should Obama be charged with crimes for his plethora of criminal activity in office? If not, why is it different than prosecution of fishing expedition crimes that Democrats manage to scrape up against Trump?
I mean, if Obama had been an unindicted co-conspirator in charges that sent his personal attorney to prison during his first term, I would not have been surprised if Obama were to have been charged after leaving office.
Sq 17
Can't pardon himself for NY state tax fraud usually the states would let the Feds press the case but a federal pardon does not do him much good if he committed tax fraud
Post removed:
by user
agjacent
Sq 17 said:

Can't pardon himself for NY state tax fraud usually the states would let the Feds press the case but a federal pardon does not do him much good if he committed tax fraud
Oh, I know. But it's not like trump is the sharpest knife in the drawer so notwithstanding state charges in New York (or elsewhere), I still think it's decent odds he gives himself a blanket federal pardon on his way out.
ProphAC
AG
I'm confused... what crimes have any of the Trump family committed? Serious question.
GE
AG
Let's say you molested a child next week. Would you feel worse about yourself if you did that?
chach
AG
Thinice said:

Obama pardoned himself, luckily new stuff is fair game

This.
agjacent
ProphAC said:

I'm confused... what crimes have any of the Trump family committed? Serious question.
Serious question - do you know what who Micheal Cohen is, and why he went to prison? Are you aware that in the sentencing documents for his federal crimes, a co-conspirator named "Individual-1" was identified to be trump? Are you aware that people who conspire together to commit crimes are both equally guilty of said crimes?
Cassius
This thread is idiotic.
policywonk98
AG
agjacent said:

cevans_40 said:

agjacent said:

BMX Bandit said:

The same thing trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, went to prison for - campaign finance violations. Did you forget that trump is "Individual-1"?

Alabama and Clemson are just as dirty at 80s SMU in football if not more so. 80s tsips even dirtier than 80s SMU.

I'll let you ponder on the relevancy of this information and give you the time to come up with your own conclusions as to why Trump should never face any charges for "crimes" related to campaign "violations".

As far as other crimes you think he's done. Can you list off what crimes you beleive he has engaged in over the last 4 years.
BaitShack
AG
You can't triple stamp a double stamp
TyHolden
AG
trump should pardon himself for china interfering in election?
Not Coach Jimbo
What if the world was flat and the moon was made of cheese?
Cassius
agjacent said:

ProphAC said:

Serious question - do you know what who Micheal Cohen is, and why he went to prison? Are you aware that in the sentencing documents for his federal crimes, a co-conspirator named "Individual-1" was identified to be trump? Are you aware that people who conspire together to commit crimes are both equally guilty of said crimes?

Cohen lied to get his sentence reduced for tax evasion. Get out with your conspiracy nonsense.
GMaster0
Some would say the only crime Trump committed is loving America too much.
eric76
AG
If Trump wants a pardon, he could resign with a couple of days left and let Pence become President and then Pence could pardon him.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.