ABC News / WAPO Wisconsin Poll - Biden +17

7,161 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Not a Bot
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texaglurkerguy said:

This poll is obviously an outlier, but from a trending perspective suggests that COVID concerns in the state are not helping Trump.

I think fears of another lockdown because of covid help Trump.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Barnyard96
AG
aginlakeway said:

texaglurkerguy said:

This poll is obviously an outlier, but from a trending perspective suggests that COVID concerns in the state are not helping Trump.

I think fears of another lockdown because of covid help Trump.

Trump thinks so too.

texaglurkerguy
Trump's COVID response approvals lag his overall approvals, the virus becoming the headline again will not do him any favors. We saw this happen when he contracted the virus and polls trended away from him, which is part of why he and his campaign were so quick to try and move past it.

The silver lining for the Trump campaign is that 70+ million votes have already been cast, so polling swings at this point have diminishing returns compared to previous cycles.
aginlakeway
AG
texaglurkerguy said:

Trump's COVID response approvals lag his overall approvals, the virus becoming the headline again will not do him any favors. We saw this happen when he contracted the virus and polls trended away from him, which is part of why he and his campaign were so quick to try and move past it.

The silver lining for the Trump campaign is that 70+ million votes have already been cast, so polling swings at this point have diminishing returns compared to previous cycles.

What makes you think most Americans think the virus is the big headline again? I think what Biden said about oil and gas was bigger.

So what is your theory as to why Biden is campaigning so little this week?

Prevent defense?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Barnyard96
AG
texaglurkerguy said:

Yeah, I would take the Covid opportunity to end oil&gas and riot in Philly.

It polls well per CNN.
texaglurkerguy
aginlakeway said:

texaglurkerguy said:

What makes you think most Americans think the virus is the big headline again? I think what Biden said about oil and gas was bigger.

So what is your theory as to why Biden is campaigning so little this week?

Prevent defense?

I was referring to Wisconsin specifically, the subject of the poll in question. Wisconsin is one of the current COVID hotspots (daily case and death counts are higher now than at any point this year), and is not a major oil and gas state.

Prevent defense is a good way of putting it, yes.
WestAustinAg
AG
WestAustinAg
AG
WestAustinAg
AG
Cassius
Biden may be up, but hes not up 17 points.
AgBQ-00
AG
Put these numbers in perspective. If Biden is up by these numbers he is reaching Reagan levels of results. He would be out performing FDR while leading the US through the end stages of WWII. These numbers don't make sense. Look around your life and take the media created scales over your eyes off...do these numbers make sense?
oh no
AG
no wonder Biden isn't bothering to campaign! He's reached higher rock-star status than Obama ever did! The energy and excitement around Joe Biden is palpable.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
UncleNateFitch said:

According to the notes, the methodology here was basically:

Ask people to rate how worried they are that coronavirus will kill their family.

Ask people to rate how enthusiastically they support Joe Biden.
So basically, this was a Joe Biden fan poll and he could only win by 17 points. That's gotta have his campaign in panic (or stop spending money in Wisconsin) mode.
Gigem314
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Put these numbers in perspective. If Biden is up by these numbers he is reaching Reagan levels of results. He would be out performing FDR while leading the US through the end stages of WWII. These numbers don't make sense. Look around your life and take the media created scales over your eyes off...do these numbers make sense?
Exactly. It makes zero sense.
ttu_85
gig em 02 said:

jagged said:

Stock market tanking ain't gonna help Trump either.

We haven't seen these levels since last week!

Anyone paying attention to the market knows that people are hedging/sitting out. You want to see a tank, wait until Biden wins, that'll be a tank.
Yep. 450 is not a huge deal. If I see 900 or 1000 before Tuesday then I think that bodes badly for Trump, meaning people think that idiot Biden will win. Those in the know will be selling to get out early.
ttu_85
AgBQ-00 said:

Its an effort at both voter suppression and to delegitimize a Trump win.

Evil on all counts boarding on treasonous
aginlakeway
AG
ttu_85 said:

gig em 02 said:

jagged said:

Anyone paying attention to the market knows that people are hedging/sitting out. You want to see a tank, wait until Biden wins, that'll be a tank.
Yep. 450 is not a huge deal. If I see 900 or 1000 before Tuesday then I think that bodes badly for Trump, meaning people think that idiot Biden will win. Those in the know will be selling to get out early.

So you think a Biden win brings the market down?
ttu_85
aginlakeway said:

ttu_85 said:

gig em 02 said:

jagged said:

Well yeah, Capital tends to run from high tax policies/places.
aginlakeway
AG
ttu_85 said:

aginlakeway said:

ttu_85 said:

gig em 02 said:

jagged said:

Well yeah, Capital tends to run from high tax policies/places.
I tend to agree. Yet another reason why I could never vote for him.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
If Biden wins Wisconsin by 17 I'll donate $100 to Bernie's third lake house.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

and is not a major oil and gas state.
But they are a major source of sand for fracking. And they also have the mining industry.
Barnyard96
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

and is not a major oil and gas state.
But they are a major source of sand for fracking. And they also have the mining industry.
I interviewed with a high voltage transformer manufacturer in Milwaukee for national sales manager of Oil&Gas.

Bobaloo
FriscoKid said:

Biden is more popular than Obama???
According to some polls he's more popular than Reagan...
EX TEXASEX
Not here to burst your bubble but that + 17 is actually a typo. He is actually up + 170 . That is today. Leading unbias news analyst and politicians
believe by election day Bidens lead might be up tp
+ 340
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Well, at least the ABC/Washington Post team is clearly not being influenced by pollster "herding".

The statistical MOE from that poll suggests that it is unlikely that Trump is doing better than minus 9 in Wisconsin. Better hope that the modeling is off, substantially, if you're a Trump fan.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
texaglurkerguy said:

You want another silver lining. A vast majority of in person voting will be R's also which will be extending his lead.
The TC Jester
MaroonStain said:

Voter suppression poll
Seems like a similar tactic to that used by Felix Gallardo in at attempt to sway the election in Narcos Season 2.

I just can't trust anything anymore. These polls seem like election tampering. And we know libs will do anything to defeat orange man bad, no matter how unethical, immoral or downright criminal.

F all liberals. Especially the white ones.
Barnyard96
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Well, at least the ABC/Washington Post team is clearly not being influenced by pollster "herding".

The statistical MOE from that poll suggests that it is unlikely that Trump is doing better than minus 9 in Wisconsin. Better hope that the modeling is off, substantially, if you're a Trump fan.
Meh, WI will just be icing on the cake for Team Trump.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Biden: More popular than Obama AND Reagan!
Illuminaggie
Biden's internal polling has him inside of 14.

Hopefully it doesn't go any lower.
Not a Bot
AG
Trump wouldn't be doing multiple rallies in Wisconsin on Friday if the campaign thought he was actually down that much.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.