Whataburger: Not Woke

12,242 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tanya 93
OklahomaSooner Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
True, but people threaten legal action all the time without understanding the law. Still more of a headache than this should garner.
Class of 2018 | Boomer Sooner Class of 2022
OklahomaSooner Ag
AG
You mean Trump knows a guy, lol.
Class of 2018 | Boomer Sooner Class of 2022
Cassius
Rapier108 said:

They'll do a 180 within 12 hours, 24 max.

And then promise to donate $100 million to BLM.
this
Cassius
TXK said:

Conservative Ag said:

TXK said:

https://www.caller.com/story/news/local/2020/06/10/whataburger-donate-1-m-promote-black-minority-success/5333813002/

Do you ever get exhausted defending such a reprehensible group of people? I can't believe the way they treat minorities that don't agree with them.

Your post doesn't even make sense. Defending what?

The article points out how much HEB and Whataburger are donating to helping Black people. That is a good thing. I guess every burger order contributes!

I guess I'm defending HEB and Whataburger.

why do black people need hand outs to succeed TXK?

asians dont, indians don't, hispanics don't.

anybody can start a lawn service business. anyone can learn to lay flooring. anyone can learn to roof. The hispanics own those industries now. and they did it without mass handouts. why is that TXK?
zephyr88
AG
Well, I know where I'm going to lunch today...
Spyderman
AG
Ag4coal said:

Surprising for a Chicago owned business..... That I still happen to frequent
Folks are getting woke.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
CactusThomas
AG
I'd boycott air conditioning before I boycott Whata.
TxTarpon
Hmmmm, how will this continue to play out?

----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Mucho austin
AG
milner79 said:

FOR REAL!
HtownAg92
AG
TxTarpon said:

Hmmmm, how will this continue to play out?

This is the way you donate -- direct it to a specific cause (education) and not to the general agenda-driven Marxist group.

By the way, customer-facing dress requirements applied neutrally and consistently are not discrimination. She (and her hack lawyer) can screech and cry all day long. They will lose.
Stumpknocker
Bacon, Lettuce and Mustard matters to me!
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
slimjimsims said:

A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

No. 3 with bacon, jalapeos, one piece of cheese and a sweet tea.
Straight up!...but unsweet please.

#5 is a bacon cheeseburger

You're literally asking for a #5 with jalapeos
CactusThomas
AG
Fishin Texas Aggie 05 said:

slimjimsims said:

A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

oh you dumb

2 patties away from being correct.
HtownAg92
AG
CactusThomas said:

slimjimsims said:

A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

oh you dumb

2 patties away from being correct.
Just curious, but why just one piece of cheese? Watching calorie intake?

Clob94

I'm still mad they sold out

But I still occasionally get a #5 Mayo and mustard no lettuce or onion
Mayo?
BanderaAg956
agent-maroon said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

The TWC or EEOC will have a finding of no cause here based on multiple things in that article.

1. She was not fired, she quit.

2. She violated company uniform policy.

3. The management had a meeting with the whole team and explained they need to wear company face masks or face masks with no messaging on them.

This is why the attorneys are trying to claim racism in the press, for pressure. But, Whataburger is still a Texas company and I can guarantee you they have zero grounds to stand on, so they are trying this in the court of public opinion.
Is there anything about BLM that isn't a lie? Seriously, anything?

The founders were Marxist Blacks, does that count?
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Burdizzo
AG
I don't have a go-to at Whataburger, but I gotta say a Patty Melt with grilled jalapenos makes me want to slap my momma and then die of coronary artery disease.
annie88
AG
I've never understood the fascination with Whataburger. They're ok, have one occasionally but don't get the hype.
Signel
AG
I would assume they have a policy stating NO political messages at work regardless of side. No slogans... nothing but uniforms and likely blank masks.

I'd add that to the policy that all masks must clear of any messages or content.
Clob94
annie88 said:

I've never understood the fascination with Whataburger. They're ok, have one occasionally but don't get the hype.
I will pray for you.
chevy con queso
AG
Owlagdad said:

third coast.. said:

everyone in here that has their whataburger order freaking MEMORIZED needs to take a break from the fast food and hit the gym

I always find a DQ or Braums with fat people working there. They seem to make the Blizzards or mixes for themselves, therefore they give me my money's worth.
DQ has replaced Whataburger for me. Every time I went to Whataburger, I'd get cold fries, no fries, wrong condiments, burger smashed, burger cold but fries hot, nasty old lettuce or tomato, or the drink machine would be out but they wouldn't tell me until I already paid. There would be some damn thing wrong with every single order I made. Even chicken strips would be screwed up by cold gravy, fries, or cold themselves, or they'd give me like 2.2 chicken strips in a box that's supposed to have 3.

This happened many times in a row and multiple locations around BCS. The quality has gone to hell, so I've moved on. DQ gives me a decent burger with fresh veggies, everything is hot, and their drink and soft serve machines are NEVER broken.
Daddy-O5
AG
annie88 said:

Bless your heart.
HtownAg92
AG
annie88 said:

HtownAg92
AG
chevy con queso said:

Owlagdad said:

third coast.. said:

everyone in here that has their whataburger order freaking MEMORIZED needs to take a break from the fast food and hit the gym

I always find a DQ or Braums with fat people working there. They seem to make the Blizzards or mixes for themselves, therefore they give me my money's worth.
DQ has replaced Whataburger for me. Every time I went to Whataburger, I'd get cold fries, no fries, wrong condiments, burger smashed, burger cold but fries hot, nasty old lettuce or tomato, or the drink machine would be out but they wouldn't tell me until I already paid. There would be some damn thing wrong with every single order I made. Even chicken strips would be screwed up by cold gravy, fries, or cold themselves, or they'd give me like 2.2 chicken strips in a box that's supposed to have 3.

This happened many times in a row and multiple locations around BCS. The quality has gone to hell, so I've moved on. DQ gives me a decent burger with fresh veggies, everything is hot, and their drink and soft serve machines are NEVER broken.
You must be the unluckiest person in the world. "Every time" you go something happens that never (or rarely) ever happens to anyone else. Remarkable.

I like DQ also, though. Don't sleep on the tacos, they are solid gold. DQ is always a good choice on a road trip if you've got a couple of hours to spare. It's good, ice cream for the kids, but brother they ain't ever in no hurry.
Ag with kids
AG
TXK said:

Conservative Ag said:

TXK said:

https://www.caller.com/story/news/local/2020/06/10/whataburger-donate-1-m-promote-black-minority-success/5333813002/

Do you ever get exhausted defending such a reprehensible group of people? I can't believe the way they treat minorities that don't agree with them.

Your post doesn't even make sense. Defending what?

The article points out how much HEB and Whataburger are donating to helping Black people. That is a good thing. I guess every burger order contributes!

I guess I'm defending HEB and Whataburger.
It has nothing to do with the subject of this thread though.

https://www.facebook.com/LufkinISD/photos/whataburger-donates-to-lhs-sped-deptwhataguy-the-whataburger-mascot-stands-with-/2078194992225149/

Another donation Whataburger has done that is unrelated to the subject of this thread.
Ag with kids
AG
chevy con queso said:

Owlagdad said:

third coast.. said:

They do that to flex on McDonalds...

But, I agree...DQ burgers are damn good.
Ag4coal
chevy con queso said:

Owlagdad said:

third coast.. said:

I feel sorry for you. I always have pleasant experiences at Whataburger. Except for the one one by campus. Those are some of the worst employees ever.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Whataburger has never, ever, served a single french fry to a customer that was warmer than room temperature.
amfta
AG
America is getting an introduction to ..... "Getting Out Whataburgered " !
“Death is preferable to dishonor"
HtownAg92
AG
Ag4coal said:

chevy con queso said:

Owlagdad said:

third coast.. said:

I feel sorry for you. I always have pleasant experiences at Whataburger. Except for the one one by campus. Those are some of the worst employees ever.
I have great memories of that WB from college. A co-worker from the restaurant where I worked moonlighted late-night drive-thru there. We'd order, drive up and pay. Then we'd get the exact amount we paid back in change, along with numerous bonus taquitos, fries, BOBs.
monarch
S
Burn
Loot
Murder

If whataburger caves on this issue, I'll stop buying form them.
Peace for Ukraine!
Burdizzo
AG
chevy con queso said:

Owlagdad said:

third coast.. said:

Whataburger service seems to vary greatly depending on the manager during the shift. The one near my house is hit or miss, but I can usually predict how good/bad the service will be depending on who I see managing.

I also work not far from the Whataburger closest to the HQ in San Antonio. I see the corporate guys eating in there during lunch. Service at that location is usually top notch.
American Hardwood
AG
HtownAg92 said:

chevy con queso said:

Owlagdad said:

third coast.. said:

You must be the unluckiest person in the world. "Every time" you go something happens that never (or rarely) ever happens to anyone else. Remarkable.

I like DQ also, though. Don't sleep on the tacos, they are solid gold. DQ is always a good choice on a road trip if you've got a couple of hours to spare. It's good, ice cream for the kids, but brother they ain't ever in no hurry.
#2, double toasted buns, grilled jalapenos, and add mayo. The mayo is a recent addition, I like it better than cheese.

You are correct on DQ. Good burger, but I prefer WB. And, those tacos are a sleeper hit!

Also, you have to find the right WB. Some have ****ty quality control. I know where all the good ones and bad ones are in my town. Also, the shifts matter, sometimes the lunch crew is superior to the night crew and vice-versa. Despite some bad stores, I still think WB is superior to McDonald's (who can't ever seem to manage to fill a fry box to it's full capacity) or Burger King, etc. And let's face it, WB customizing is the real appeal. NOBODY in the fast food game comes close to WB for customizing.
oldarmy1
AG
Whataburger, like most companies, has a "no causes or political symbol" policy. They do have exclusions for "God" and the flag (go figure).

I predict mobs will be descending on Whataburger and some will incur violence and riots. Who would think a rational clothing policy would be what brought Texas into standing up against the radicals.
Carlo4
AG
third coast.. said:

I lost 75 pounds in a year back in 2015. Ate at whataburger 3 times a week. Instead of getting the #2 with large fries and cherry coke, I did a burger with bacon and skipped everything else. Had coke/fries once every other week.

All places serve way too much food. the burger is more than enough.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.