Whataburger: Not Woke

12,240 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tanya 93
captkirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
I'm still mad they sold out

But I still occasionally get a #5 Mayo and mustard no lettuce or onion
Ag4coal
Surprising for a Chicago owned business..... That I still happen to frequent
Boo Weekley
Great, now they're gonna be pressured to overcompensate and go hyper woke. I predict I'll be boycotting them in the near future. Hurts to think about honestly.

I've seen this movie before. Hope I'm wrong.
Rapier108
They'll do a 180 within 12 hours, 24 max.

And then promise to donate $100 million to BLM.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
tsuag10
AG
I give it until noon tomorrow before Whataburger Corporate tweets out a social justice themed apology and places the manager on leave.

I hope I'm proven wrong.
zgolfz85
AG
talmbout
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AgInTheColony
AG
That Whataburger may find themselves in some legal trouble.
_mpaul
AG
That's my burger joint!
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Ellis Wyatt
Rapier108 said:

This actually happened about a month ago
Little Rock Ag
AG
BLM = Burger Lives Matter
tsuag10
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Rapier108 said:

Yeah but WaPo just ran this story today and the former employee filed a discrimination complaint (with the State of TX, I think) yesterday. I hope they [whataburger] don't back down. We'll see.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
The TWC or EEOC will have a finding of no cause here based on multiple things in that article.

1. She was not fired, she quit.

2. She violated company uniform policy.

3. The management had a meeting with the whole team and explained they need to wear company face masks or face masks with no messaging on them.

This is why the attorneys are trying to claim racism in the press, for pressure. But, Whataburger is still a Texas company and I can guarantee you they have zero grounds to stand on, so they are trying this in the court of public opinion.
AgInTheColony
AG
C@LAg said:

AgInTheColony said:

That Whataburger may find themselves in some legal trouble.
you do not have freedom of speech at work.
Was it in their dress code? Did they give the person a chance to change their mask?

I don't disagree with you. Just playing devil's advocate. This ridiculous, litigious leftist funhouse we live in now doesn't leave much room for sanity. As the poster above mentioned, corporate may require some manner of social media apology.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
No. 3 with bacon, jalapeos, one piece of cheese and a sweet tea.
OldArmyBrent
AG
That will be interesting if the discrimination part sticks. That would mean that not agreeing or participating in the woke fest bull**** a lot of companies are pushing would be protected as well.
slimjimsims
AG
A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

No. 3 with bacon, jalapeos, one piece of cheese and a sweet tea.
Straight up!...but unsweet please.
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
https://www.caller.com/story/news/local/2020/06/10/whataburger-donate-1-m-promote-black-minority-success/5333813002/
Conservative Ag
TXK said:

https://www.caller.com/story/news/local/2020/06/10/whataburger-donate-1-m-promote-black-minority-success/5333813002/

Do you ever get exhausted defending such a reprehensible group of people? I can't believe the way they treat minorities that don't agree with them.
Post removed:
by user
hph6203
AG
third coast.. said:

everyone in here that has their whataburger order freaking MEMORIZED needs to take a break from the fast food and hit the gym
Might want to get a cognitive test done if you think that's a feat of memory. Biden knows a guy.
LOYAL AG
AG
third coast.. said:

everyone in here that has their whataburger order freaking MEMORIZED needs to take a break from the fast food and hit the gym
#5 mustard and pickles only with a root beer or
mushroom swiss burger with a rootbeer

AND

3x/week 1-hour workouts for what I categorize on my Whoop Strap as Functional Fitness, jogging, push ups, pull ups, squats, curls, etc. Murph Challenge type stuff. Plus...
2x-3x/week road bike for 1-1/2 hours per ride.

Judge not and ye shall not be judged.
Post removed:
by user
LOYAL AG
AG
third coast.. said:

I'm pretty sure I get judged on this site all the time, fatty.
Of course. Like I tell all my friends "I wouldn't pick on you if I didn't like you. I would just ignore you." That's why I rarely engage with posters like Old Army Metal.
agent-maroon
AG
Nonregdrummer09 said:

The TWC or EEOC will have a finding of no cause here based on multiple things in that article.

1. She was not fired, she quit.

2. She violated company uniform policy.

3. The management had a meeting with the whole team and explained they need to wear company face masks or face masks with no messaging on them.

This is why the attorneys are trying to claim racism in the press, for pressure. But, Whataburger is still a Texas company and I can guarantee you they have zero grounds to stand on, so they are trying this in the court of public opinion.
Is there anything about BLM that isn't a lie? Seriously, anything?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
Conservative Ag said:

TXK said:

Do you ever get exhausted defending such a reprehensible group of people? I can't believe the way they treat minorities that don't agree with them.

Your post doesn't even make sense. Defending what?

The article points out how much HEB and Whataburger are donating to helping Black people. That is a good thing. I guess every burger order contributes!

I guess I'm defending HEB and Whataburger.
Owlagdad
third coast.. said:

I always find a DQ or Braums with fat people working there. They seem to make the Blizzards or mixes for themselves, therefore they give me my money's worth.
milner79

titan
S
tsuag10 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Rapier108 said:

Yeah but WaPo just ran this story today and the former employee filed a discrimination complaint (with the State of TX, I think) yesterday. I hope they [whataburger] don't back down. We'll see.
If it takes EVERYONE in the center and right going to buy something there, and let them know why (solidarity), that's what should happen. This stuff needs to stop, and bottom line is the most powerful appeal.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Daddy-O5
AG
Any bets on how a call to "boycott Whataburger" might go in Texas?
AGHouston11
AG
She needs to leave and go work at GM. They approve of this type of logo mask wearing.

Good for Whataburger.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
USA USA USA!!!!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.