War Turtle Lays Down The Law The nomination will get a vote on this floor

2,642 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Gigem314
ElKabong
How long do you want to ignore this user?

AlexNguyen
Would he do this if he didn't think he has the votes to confirm? Would McConnell leave open the possibility of being defeated? I would guess not. That would be huge loss spirit-wise for the Republican base.
titan
S

Great. He has a good bit of Trump's and Cruz's forcefulness in him all in his own way, and has shown it since the Kavanaugh atrocity. Exxcellent.

And he is absolutely right---the voters reinforced his hold after that fiasco regarding the Senate role.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
4stringAg
AG
Good. He's right. The country selected a Republican President and Senate for a full term. Not to abdicate responsibility due to an election.
SW-14
AG
I think it's a good idea to go through with the process even if we don't have the votes. The ****show that the Dems produce will end up making them look like even bigger clowns.
nortex97
AG
War turtle is the best turtle.
Fat Black Swan
AG
policywonk98
AG
In case people don't understand.

Here is the 30 seconds that created McConnell the GOP judicial badass(hes actually been terrible at other things, but credit where credit is due)

ElKabong
policywonk98 said:

Here is the 30 seconds that created McConnell the GOP judicial badass(hes actually been terrible at other things, but credit where credit is due)

A good documentary posted in this forum over the weekend gives a good detailed look at how we got where we are regarding nominations.

Supreme Revenge

"Inside the no-holds-barred war for control of the Supreme Court. From Brett Kavanaugh to Robert Bork, an investigation of how a 30-year-old grievance transformed the court and turned confirmations into bitter, partisan conflicts."

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/supreme-revenge/
FriscoKid
AG
Keegan99
AG

nortex97
AG
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
thirdcoast
AG
titan
S
SW-14 said:

I think it's a good idea to go through with the process even if we don't have the votes. The ****show that the Dems produce will end up making them look like even bigger clowns.
Agree. It will damage them with pliable votes.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Ag87H2O
AG

Obligatory. I hope this pic haunts Schumer and Pelosi in their nightmares.
Maroon Dawn
AG
titan
S
policywonk98 said:

That says it all, from "sanctity of abortion' Ted K and 1987 --the true year the big divide began. The one-sidedness of the press then and throughout Clinton's presidency to follow led to the enlargement of talk radio and the debut of FOX. All kind of begins with 1987 and `borking'.

FrioAg 00:
Saint Pablo
Canyon99
AG
That's the equivalent of helicoptering in front of all the Dems. Swing it, Mitch.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
policywonk98 said:

This a-hole deserves to be burning in hell right now for all the sh**he got away with in his life.
titan
S
Keegan99 said:

"Journos" are relentlessly and in the main pro-Democrat. Fortunately the bulk of the nation now knows this.

But seriously, what do they call the activism of the wicked witch of the West, Pelosi?

Its good to be in a two-side war instead of a one side one.
FrioAg 00:
Burdizzo
AG
West Texas Lawyer said:

policywonk98 said:

This a-hole deserves to be burning in hell right now for all the sh**he got away with in his life.

titan
S

Is that real? It looks like an old ad, it doesn't look that recent. Could it really be so?
FrioAg 00:
Burdizzo
AG
titan said:

Is that real? It looks like an old ad, it doesn't look that recent. Could it really be so?

1970s satire advertisement in National Lampoon magazine. They caught a lot of heat for it.
titan
S
Burdizzo said:

titan said:

1970s satire advertisement in National Lampoon magazine. They caught a lot of heat for it.
So it was real, in that sense, before this century, and the age of just constant mis-directs. Satire, but real. Funny and interesting!
FrioAg 00:
Ellis Wyatt
West Texas Lawyer said:

This just in...
Gigem314
AG
titan said:

Great. He has a good bit of Trump's and Cruz's forcefulness in him all in his own way, and has shown it since the Kavanaugh atrocity. Exxcellent.

And he is absolutely right---the voters reinforced his hold after that fiasco regarding the Senate role.
Yep. I think McConnell has been waiting for this since Kavanaugh. Watching the dems behave the way they did put Mitch over the edge.

I think he gets this done.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.