Biden wants "land banks"

32,617 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by B-1 83
WestAustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The left use to make fun that Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimers 5 years after leaving off...but they don't have anything to say about Biden having dementia for years before he ran for office...
amfta
AG
aggiehawg said:

AgGrad99 said:

You dont understand what he's saying?

He's saying, we'll have land banks, that will pay you. And because of these land banks, the crops will absorb carbon, which is part of the deal, and you get paid. So that's how he'll help reduce regulations for farmers.

Understand now?
And create NEW JOBS removing methane from chicken, pig, cow and horse s***!
Those thousands of new jobs will mostly be metro educated and indoctrinated cargo high water pants and hiking boot clad nerds sent out to oversee it and regulate it all.

No worries, they will be ready willing and able to forcefully instruct the entire American Ag Community on how they must now do things so it can all be done better! They will have the authority to make sure it is all implemented by their instructions and the policies, procedures and guidelines provided to them by a bunch of know it all egg heads that never really farmed or ranched but have studied about it a whole lot.

This all coming from a bunch of indoctrinated punks, chocked full of BS ideas, Ideologies and over confidence. An entire Agricultural oversight bureaucracy made up of leftist indoctrinated autotamons that never once performed a duty that resulted in a lick of dirt under a fingernail in their entire life but it will be them charged with running and policing our entire Countries Ag Industry.

Gee what could possibly go wrong with that !
“Death is preferable to dishonor"
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Did he just say they are going to make pellets out of sh-t?

Biden has sh-t pellets for brains.
OldArmyBrent
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Cassius said:

aggiehawg said:

Cassius said:

As far as growing crops, that doesn't remove carbon. Crops are harvested.
What?
Plants use photosynthesis that removes CO2.
Then they are harvested. CO2 is released back into the atmosphere in some other way.
As I alluded to in another post, it's a pipeline effect. Some crops and some farming methods tie up carbon better and longer than others. A tree will tie up carbon longer than grass. Reduced or no-till will tie up carbon longer than conventional (clean field) tillage.

If I plant wheat, harvest the grain, and burn the stubble, all the carbon in the stubble goes into the atmosphere. If I no-till, some goes into the soil, some into the air, but it takes 2 years, not 2 hours.

And a lot of the carbon goes into the part that's harvested. So the carbon in the wheat seed, goes into a person or animal, and a lot of the carbon is expelled into belches and farts, but a lot goes into the body and stays there. Again, it absorbs over a growing season, returns to the atmosphere over a longer time period.

What about when you add electrolytes? It's what plants need.
Old Tom Morris
I am going to help small farmers by turning delaware chicken**** into chicken salad. Next question!
Viper16
AG

Now, transpose that same lady into a Presidential Debate Stage with President Trump waiting for his turn to answer. ..

"Ma'am, did you or anyone in this debate setting understand anything this guy just said? It's pure gobbledy gook! It's not even coherent!"

Trump will destroy O'Biden on the debate stage!
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

It's what plants need.
Crave. Get it right.
mazzag
AG
strbrst777
Jobs, jobs, jobs. The manure-pellet industry is the answer to unemployment and global warming. Why didn't I think of that? High paying jobs and great working conditions. Biden: lol
texsn95
AG
Would love for someone to conduct a follow-up interview with her and confirm that Joe's incoherent response is why she's MAGA'ing again in 2020.
oldarmy1
AG
AgGrad99 said:

He's saying, we'll have land banks, that will pay you. And because of these land banks, the crops will absorb carbon, which is part of the deal, and you get paid. So that's how he'll help reduce regulations for farmers.

Understand now?

Oh in other words, he's a bigger idiot than even I thought. Thanks for clarifying.
annie88
AG
Paradise Ag said:

Truth be told Joe Biden doesn't know what he wants.

Literally.

He's saying what they're telling him to say.

He's clueless.
Krautag81
I'm confused.
CanyonAg77
AG
Krautag81 said:

I'm confused.
Joe? Joe, is that you?
Becky Bivens
This video is altered. Google "Biden town hall CNN" and watch the real one where he says "farmers need to make more money" and it is voluntary. Who posted that as the real video? You need to do some housecleaning.
BigBrother
AG
Becky Bivens said:

This video is altered. Google "Biden town hall CNN" and watch the real one where he says "farmers need to make more money" and it is voluntary. Who posted that as the real video? You need to do some housecleaning.

Oh. Thanks for telling us.

-attempted coup
-false Russiagate impeachment
-implying Trump killed all COVID victims (not idiots like Cuomo)
-Trump hasn't disavowed white supremacy
-taking virtually every word out of context that Trump has ever said as president.

Just a quick list for your side to clean up. Hth
oneeyedag
You forgot lgbtq and gender study majors.
MaroonStain
AG
"Hello, Joe Biden. How do I drive a car?"

"Here's the deal. With the Green New Deal, which I don't support but am told to have it on my platform, you won't have to drive a car. Non-manure transportation in the form of robot vehicles which will employ 600,000 jobs. That's a lot of jobs. No manure."
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Buck Turgidson
Joe is an unreasoning puppet. He just says what they tell him, and he has no idea why.
CanyonAg77
AG
Becky Bivens said:

You need to link the "real video ", instead of expecting us to do your work
MaxPower
Hopefully these plants they want farmers to use are actually properly suited for the local ecology. I'd like to avoid, you know, another dust bowl.
CanyonAg77
AG
MaxPower said:

Hopefully these plants they want farmers to use are actually properly suited for the local ecology. I'd like to avoid, you know, another dust bowl.
Unlikely, farming methods have changed.

Unless the Dems kill Monsanto, and no-till and conservation tillage would be very difficult.
rab79
AG
hdrydor said:

AgGrad99 said:

Understand now?

And manure. Lots of manure.
Well he is producing more than his fair share of it.....
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
Predmid
AG
Land bank = government buying, or should I say "forced acquisition" of private property and doing what the government thinks is best with it rather than a private individual or corporation.

Some real world soviet style communism bull*****

So in real world terms, any time someone says land bank, what they intend is the abolition of private property rights wherever the government sees fit.
BanderaAg956
Liberal Employees Wanted - Hiring 100,000 chicken fart counters and 300,000 chicken fart Suppressors

Liberal Arts Experience Required - no productive life or job experience allowed!

We pay the highest Chicken Fart Wages in the industry! We aren't farting around!

Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
rab79
AG
strbrst777 said:

Jobs, jobs, jobs. The manure-pellet industry is the answer to unemployment and global warming. Why didn't I think of that? High paying jobs and great working conditions. Biden: lol
Did he say what these manure pellets will be used for or explain how they intend to dry **** enough to pelletize it?

Sounds a lot like the democrat version of soylent green.....
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
rab79
AG
Becky Bivens said:

These socks must be married to Tiger Man McCool.......
NO AMNESTY!

MostlyHarmless
AG
hdrydor said:

AgGrad99 said:

Understand now?

And manure. Lots of manure.

I think the proper term is deposits.
Burdizzo
AG
rab79 said:

strbrst777 said:

Did he say what these manure pellets will be used for or explain how they intend to dry **** enough to pelletize it?

Sounds a lot like the democrat version of soylent green.....

Soylent Brown
Philip J Fry
AG
So instead of just using manure, you'll now have to take it to a third party to remove all the net have from the manure.

And where does the methane go? Do we store it underground?
BanderaAg956
Is a certain Unnamed SEC Super All BLM QB also a Biden speechwriter? I recognize some of the same discontinuities in post game presentations!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
administrative errors
Whatever happened to land banks?
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
eric76
AG
Paradise Ag said:

Truth be told Joe Biden doesn't know what he wants.

Literally.
He definitely doesn't know what he is talking about.
CanyonAg77
AG
administrative errors said:

Whatever happened to land banks?
Now called Conservation Reserve Program
B-1 83
AG
Of all posters, how did I miss this jewel? Perhaps I can shed some light on the subject.

There was an old government program called the "Land (or "Soil") Bank" in the late 50s and early 60's to help combat the "mini Dust Bowl" of the drought in the 50's. Farmers were paid an annual rental payment to plant land back to grass and not subject it to the clean tillage practices so common at the time. Tillage shifts the soil carbon cycle from "storage" to quick release, but that was not a concern at the time. It ran out, and much of that land was returned back to cultivation…….ironically because government subsidies made it more profitable than grazing.

Along comes the 80's, yours truly comes on the scene, and the "Conservation Reserve Program" is born. At that time, with a few exceptions, the most fragile lands were eligible to once again be planted back to permanent vegetation - grasses, forbs, trees, etc……depending on the site and climate. This program was erosion targeted. Plants were based on local USDA expertise and planted based on a written plan. If you were in a state whose name began with an "I", you were paid considerably more than those beginning with a "T". No more than 25% of a county's cropland base was allowed to be enrolled, and some counties did exactly that. It devastated some small west Texas towns and their equipment/seed/fertilizer/ginning industries. The irony is that it was USDA farm programs that encouraged much of this poorly suited land to be plowed up in the first place. In Dumas, much of our land did not qualify, but we were shown ways to cheat the system by our higher ups and insure our farmers got a piece of the government pie.

In the 90's, the program modified to be much more wildlife oriented in the plantings, and began to include riparian areas that were not cropped, but did have a significant environmental impact by their buffering impact on runoff. Through the years, I wrote triple digits worth of these contracts in 20 years - some I was proud of, some "fit the program".

As far as his manure comments…….

Pelletizing chicken litter is nothing new. When you have a concentrated animal feeding operation, gathering litter and manure is easy…..and expensive. His nonsense about pelletizing free ranging horse and cow manure is just that - manure in and of itself. The key there is management of runoff and riparian areas.

As Canyon said, this isn't the 80s, and thank God for Monsanto, Roundup, and GMO crops. No-till/strip till methods today go a long way towards trapping the same carbon as many grasslands.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.