Excellent soundbite from Trump in regards to MIC

6,579 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by titan
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
iluvpoker said:

Maroon Dawn said:

iluvpoker said:

Cassius said:

Dear Libertarians

Trump is the closest president you will ever get to ending non stop military engagements and wars, especially in the ME.

You won't vote for him I know, cuz muh liberal.

Enjoy your fantasies.

Sincerely
Cassius

Dear Trumpet,

Trump is a liberal spender with record deficits! Check the defense budget this year vs when he was elected before fantasizing about your hero's spending restraint.

Sincerely
A real fiscal conservative

So your solution is Joe "You Know The Thing" Biden?

No! This thread isn't about votes, it's about Trump stance on the military. Trumpets are knob slobbing The Don based on his tweet. But his actions don't match his words. Try to keep up.

I agree. His actions indicate his love for the military.
Maroon Dawn
AG
iluvpoker said:

Maroon Dawn said:

iluvpoker said:

Cassius said:

Dear Libertarians

Trump is the closest president you will ever get to ending non stop military engagements and wars, especially in the ME.

Enjoy your fantasies.

Sincerely
Cassius

Dear Trumpet,

Trump is a liberal spender with record deficits! Check the defense budget this year vs when he was elected before fantasizing about your hero's spending restraint.

Sincerely

No! This thread isn't about votes, it's about Trump stance on the military. Trumpets are knob slobbing The Don based on his tweet. But his actions don't match his words. Try to keep up.

So you ARE planning on voting for the Segregationist Joe

Thought so
titan
S
Ag_SGT said:

Gbr1971 said:

If this is going to be our new foreign policy and I'm not saying it's a bad idea, why do we need to spend 700B on the military?

We certainly won't need as many soldiers, and sailors. As much as we've been spending maybe we can save 300 or 400 billion by cutting the pentagon budget.
If you think the Middle East is our main focus then I would agree with you but Trump and his team were smart to listen to military advisors. Those Middle Eastern countries can't project their power for anything other than isolated attacks on our homeland thru acts of terror.
Good post.

Correct on the above. And even to the degree they can, its largely due to the excessive `open door' tendency of the prior administrations here and in Europe like Merkel importing known non-assimilates and silly things like the FBI not vetting obvious bad apples and dealing with them. In any case the Middle Eastern ones are clearly in a reform stage now, and becoming reasonable.

Quote:

Our focus has shifted to equipping and training our military to return to large scale all out combat in a multi domain operation (MDO) against near peer countries. No ME country can come close to matching our force across all domains, but there are two countries that can, Russia and China. The military thinks that much like the collapse of the USSR, Russia is spending so much they project Russia to collapse in the next decade or so but the long term threat is China.
Even if true, its not necessarily desirable. Russia is not communist and with some creative diplomacy might even be brought to our side of the face-off coming, as is likely, as you describe here>>

Quote:

In a war today, the only real advantage we have over China is experience in fighting, but they have us beat hands down when it comes to technology, hardware and in the cyber realm. Our entire fighting force has to transition from fighting these small battles thru out the ME in pretty much one or two domains and to being able to fight in all domains, air, sea, land, cyber etc. To do that it requires a lot of money and the need is there because unlike Iraq or Afghanistan they can project their forces across all domains and across the world.
You left out a big one, and maybe the decisive one. Aside from all that, they have mass body numbers and full control of media that they can get away with absolutely massive losses of life without being forced to sue for peace. We can't match that. In fact, with today's media, we can't even really engage in a long campaign anything like the Japanese vs Chinese around Shanghai just in 1937. We would have to try to win by technical and economic means while exercising enough draconian clamp down along more Cold War lines to prevent 5th column activity. Universities would have to be cleaned out for example.

FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Cassius
iluvpoker said:

Maroon Dawn said:

iluvpoker said:

Cassius said:

Dear Libertarians

Enjoy your fantasies.

Sincerely
Cassius

Dear Trumpet,

Sincerely

Know how I know you don't know what you are talking about?

Trump has spent less on the military as a percentage of GDP than any president since 1960, except for the last THREE years under Clinton. Let me do the math for you poker dude...

95% of the last 50 years of Federal military spending has been more than what Trump has spent, as a percent of GDP, which is the only metric that makes sense. He's a fiscal conservative when it comes to military spending!!

GTFO with that ignorance.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
titan said:

Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Any bets Mattis is the one that has been "leaking" the Trump hates the military since he was banking on some fat jack during "retirement"?
Still give him more benefit of the doubt then that. Hope doesn't make that statement look foolish in the future.
I hope so too, but either the Atlantic story and the continued double down is a complete lie (more likely) or you have some former military elites that are talking **** their butts can't cash.

I get this from my background in environmental working on federal projects. I saw a lot of retired military come in and cash checks for a long time working their "careers" and not giving back any tangible return. Essentially, hire me, get contract and pay me. Then they get in the way and only created issues or were completely detached to give any help.
titan
S

titan said:

Any bets Mattis is the one that has been "leaking" the Trump hates the military since he was banking on some fat jack during "retirement"?
Still give him more benefit of the doubt then that. Hope doesn't make that statement look foolish in the future.
I hope so too, but either the Atlantic story and the continued double down is a complete lie (more likely) or you have some former military elites that are talking **** their butts can't cash.

I get this from my background in environmental working on federal projects. I saw a lot of retired military come in and cash checks for a long time working their "careers" and not giving back any tangible return. Essentially, hire me, get contract and pay me. Then they get in the way and only created issues or were completely detached to give any help.
Oh, I believe that is the case. Just hoping it is types like the one who gave Hassan of Ft.Hood a pass --- not Mattis. I just mean Mattis is who give the benefit of the doubt to. There are scores of `political' and even `grifter' brass.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Verne Lundquist
AG
titan said:

Verne Lundquist said:

titan said:

Verne Lundquist said:

I'm a chicken hawk.

If we enter wars we have to do everything we can to get it won fast. I hate to sound so callous but if this country decides to go to war it should be as close total war as possible.
That's not a chickenhawk. At least not the way used in 2000-2008. It meant the kind that want to go to war, with heavy ROEs, and they themselves and their kids are not in the battlefield. It did NOT mean those who want to just end it quick with maximum power.
For my generation I took chickenhawk to mean someone who supports the war but didn't serve in Iraq or Afghanistan
Oh, that too applied, depending on how looking at it, yes. So you meant you literally were, as in didn't serve in those wars. For example it was hurled at Cheney and Wolfowitz often.

Got you. No contradiction then.
yes sir
Verne Lundquist
AG
Once POTUS came into office I started to think that he knew that he was going to make big moves against China. Then those moves would make China pissed and could lead to a war.

At the same time he needed to make things nice with Putin so when the time came and all out war with China broke out Putin would be on our side like all the major conflicts we've been in except the Cold War.
titan
S
Verne Lundquist said:

Once POTUS came into office I started to think that he knew that he was going to make big moves against China. Then those moves would make China pissed and could lead to a war.

At the same time he needed to make things nice with Putin so when the time came and all out war with China broke out Putin would be on our side like all the major conflicts we've been in except the Cold War.
That makes a certain real sense. After all, Trump's going against China has been telegraphed far in advance, even pre Millennium. It would partly explain the rabid DNC-MSM attack on him about Russia too -- we have learned they are basically literally in the Chinese tank. Biden's trips, and now the endorsement from there.
FrioAg 00:
mazag08
AG
Let the libertarians vote for the liberal wackadoodles. Their votes are not needed. They can continue to play in their fantasy land that ignores real world complications. It's really all they've got since nobody takes any of their candidates serious.
jeremiahjt
Ag_SGT said:

Gbr1971 said:

If this is going to be our new foreign policy and I'm not saying it's a bad idea, why do we need to spend 700B on the military?

We certainly won't need as many soldiers, and sailors. As much as we've been spending maybe we can save 300 or 400 billion by cutting the pentagon budget.
If you think the Middle East is our main focus then I would agree with you but Trump and his team were smart to listen to military advisors. Those Middle Eastern countries can't project their power for anything other than isolated attacks on our homeland thru acts of terror. Our focus has shifted to equipping and training our military to return to large scale all out combat in a multi domain operation (MDO) against near peer countries. No ME country can come close to matching our force across all domains, but there are two countries that can, Russia and China. The military thinks that much like the collapse of the USSR, Russia is spending so much they project Russia to collapse in the next decade or so but the long term threat is China. In a war today, the only real advantage we have over China is experience in fighting, but Our entire fighting force has to transition from fighting these small battles thru out the ME in pretty much one or two domains and to being able to fight in all domains, air, sea, land, cyber etc. To do that it requires a lot of money and the they have us beat hands down when it comes to technology, hardware and in the cyber realm.need is there because unlike Iraq or Afghanistan they can project their forces across all domains and across the world.

Why do you think China has better military technology and hardware than us?
DCAggie13y
AG

I doubt it. Mattis had many opportunities to slam Trump and didn't. Even the criticism in his book was mild compared to others. Gates was harder on Obama than Mattis was on Trump.

The people pushing this story are likely the political actors. Bannon, Conway, Preibus, Scaramucci, etc.

DCAggie13y
AG
mazag08 said:

Let the libertarians vote for the liberal wackadoodles. Their votes are not needed. They can continue to play in their fantasy land that ignores real world complications. It's really all they've got since nobody takes any of their candidates serious.

The Libertarian part is a disaster at the moment. Even lifelong Libertarians are planning to sit this one out or vote Trump. Jorgensen is an even worse candidate than Gary Johnson.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Trump tells it like it is.
BanderaAg956
iluvpoker said:

Maroon Dawn said:

iluvpoker said:

Cassius said:

Dear Libertarians

Enjoy your fantasies.

Sincerely
Cassius

Dear Trumpet,

Sincerely

Awe, I smell snowflake cupcake dog-faced pony soldiers! They smell like BO, pot, and unwashed Bernie Bro beanies!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
BanderaAg956
jeremiahjt said:

Ag_SGT said:

Gbr1971 said:

If you think the Middle East is our main focus then I would agree with you but Trump and his team were smart to listen to military advisors. Those Middle Eastern countries can't project their power for anything other than isolated attacks on our homeland thru acts of terror. Our focus has shifted to equipping and training our military to return to large scale all out combat in a multi domain operation (MDO) against near peer countries. No ME country can come close to matching our force across all domains, but there are two countries that can, Russia and China. The military thinks that much like the collapse of the USSR, Russia is spending so much they project Russia to collapse in the next decade or so but the long term threat is China. In a war today, the only real advantage we have over China is experience in fighting, but Our entire fighting force has to transition from fighting these small battles thru out the ME in pretty much one or two domains and to being able to fight in all domains, air, sea, land, cyber etc. To do that it requires a lot of money and the they have us beat hands down when it comes to technology, hardware and in the cyber realm.need is there because unlike Iraq or Afghanistan they can project their forces across all domains and across the world.

Because liberalS promote a one world ideology that allows China to steal, rape, pillage as it builds the CCP!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
thirdcoast
AG
The part of country that gets news from CNN or MSNBC only saw Trump tell a reporter to take off mask to ask a question. That's the big story, and hard hitting coverage.
nortex97
AG
iluvpoker said:

Cassius said:

Dear Libertarians

Enjoy your fantasies.

Sincerely
Cassius

Dear Trumpet,

Sincerely
Do you realize where federal appropriations have to originate? Or, put another way, what American political party would spend (and borrow and tax) more over the next 4 years, if given both houses and POTUS?
jpb1999
AG
iluvpoker said:

Maroon Dawn said:

iluvpoker said:

Cassius said:

Dear Libertarians

Enjoy your fantasies.

Sincerely
Cassius

Dear Trumpet,

Sincerely

Still need a string and ready military. There, your point is rendered useless.

Spane Bohem

Aggie4Life02
AG
Trump has had 4 years to start bringing the troops home.
akm91
AG
I think he meant in the cyber warfare realm.
Ag_SGT
AG
jeremiahjt said:

Ag_SGT said:

Gbr1971 said:

Because it is pretty much common knowledge and openly discussed in even unclassified briefings. It isn't that I think that, it's that the military recognizes that
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Ag_SGT
AG
akm91 said:

I think he meant in the cyber warfare realm.
No, I meant what I said.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
V8Aggie
AG
Ag_SGT said:

jeremiahjt said:

Ag_SGT said:

Gbr1971 said:

Because it is pretty much common knowledge and openly discussed in even unclassified briefings. It isn't that I think that, it's that the military recognizes that

Also - what makes you think China is remotely capable of projecting their military power outside of neighboring states?
Anonymous Source
S
Wait...defense contractors are the ones sending our troops to war?
Maybe I misread the Constitution
Gig 'Em
Ag_SGT
AG
V8Aggie said:

Ag_SGT said:

jeremiahjt said:

Ag_SGT said:

Gbr1971 said:

Also - what makes you think China is remotely capable of projecting their military power outside of neighboring states?
Again, not what I think, I'm not conveying my opinion, I'm conveying what military leadership has put out there. But as to why, look around the world, look at South America, look at Africa, look at where the China virus ran rampant in Italy. China is everywhere, they have strategically inserted themselves into countries around the world. None of this is my opinion, not of this is my conclusions, I'm just conveying what I was briefed on in unclassified briefings. There is a reason our military is reorganizing and it isn't to fight a nation that only has the ability project their power to neighboring states
nortex97
AG
The military is essentially always re-organizing. We're also inserted, in many ways, into all of those regions/countries. Reorienting to the greatest present threat is just logical, and ongoing. China doesn't operate a fleet in every ocean, though, for instance.

Interestingly, I think Trump's continuing threat to the MIC is exactly what is driving this Defeat Disinfo project to defeat his re-election.

McCrystal, Brennan, and the usual suspects from intelligence community in particular are loathe to let Trump disengage/remove them from any of their 'power' positions.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Cassius said:

Dear Libertarians

Enjoy your fantasies.

Sincerely
Cassius
It's the whole 'US economy teetering on the brink of collapse with >100% of our GDP in debt' that's my biggest concern, but ok.

Let me know when Trump actually starts to do something about that. He kinda whiffed on guns too, with the bump stock ban.

Economic freedom and gun freedom. Again, let me know when Trump decides these things are good. Might consider voting for him then.
V8Aggie
AG
Ag_SGT said:

V8Aggie said:

Ag_SGT said:

jeremiahjt said:

Ag_SGT said:

Gbr1971 said:

Again, not what I think, I'm not conveying my opinion, I'm conveying what military leadership has put out there. But as to why, look around the world, look at South America, look at Africa, look at where the China virus ran rampant in Italy. China is everywhere, they have strategically inserted themselves into countries around the world. None of this is my opinion, not of this is my conclusions, I'm just conveying what I was briefed on in unclassified briefings. There is a reason our military is reorganizing and it isn't to fight a nation that only has the ability project their power to neighboring states
Ok. I'm not trying to argue with you, but understand. I'm just reading conclusions (based on what you've been briefed) but still not seeing why. Full disclosure as I am a 100% ignorant civilian, though I try not to be naive. That being said, any country in the world can project power like you've described. I am asking what is it that drives the point home that China can project power that would require the full mobilization of the US military? Sure they're powerful as the home team, but pushing that kind of power out is no easy feat. I wish I could type more but need to get to work. Just curious.
Ag_SGT
AG
While I'd agree with the sentiment that the military is always reorganizing, I think this time it's a bit different And more drastic, that is my opinion. The COIN operations that have gone on for decades has left our military without many leaders that have experience in large scale, multi domain combat, from a man power aspect, we have to essentially turn the clock back 40 or 50 years to relearn how to fight a near peer country while at the same time catch up to them from a technology standpoint. This is not a reorg, we are tearing the house down to the studs and rebuilding to catch up to countries that have not been bogged down for decades in regional disputes. Our military as it stands today, isn't built to fight and defend the US homeland or a near peer adversary, it's built to fight counter insurgency operations
Ag_SGT
AG
Me too, if you want a basic understanding of MDO and the military below is a good source of info. I'm certainly no expert and actually left my position as a Department of the Army Civilian a few months back so I'm not speaking as some sort of expert being briefed on a daily basis, but while a DA Civilian my job was to see how Geospatial Analysis fit into the big picture of MDO and to say it was eye opening is putting it lightly. China has quietly inserted themselves countries around the world both physically and thru communications.
https://www.tradoc.army.mil/Portals/14/Documents/MDO/TP525-3-1_30Nov2018.pdf
V8Aggie
AG
Thanks for the link! I'll read it on my next throne visit.
YouBet
AG
I'm fine with us spending what we do on the military while not wasting those resources in needless conflicts. We are going to nee our spending advantage in the coming years. The world is only going to get more chaotic so cutting it dramatically is somewhat committing suicide and putting ourselves in danger.

Where we have opportunity is how we spend that money and optimizing it appropriately.
mazag08
AG
Anonymous Source said:

Wait...defense contractors are the ones sending our troops to war?
Maybe I misread the Constitution
Defense contractors are swampy and have some of the most powerful lobbyists with the most leverage over politicians.

So, likely yes. They have a lot of money to make war or no war. But war definitely adds a bump to the bottom line.
Cassius
numetalbizkitaggie said:

Cassius said:

Dear Libertarians

Enjoy your fantasies.

Sincerely
Cassius
It's the whole 'US economy teetering on the brink of collapse with >100% of our GDP in debt' that's my biggest concern, but ok.

Let me know when Trump actually starts to do something about that. He kinda whiffed on guns too, with the bump stock ban.

Economic freedom and gun freedom. Again, let me know when Trump decides these things are good. Might consider voting for him then.

K, enjoy Biden, Mr True Scotsman!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.