Biden 2008 vs 2020 delivers nearly same acceptance speech

3,013 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Earl_Rudder
AgFan2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Spend the two minutes watching this. It's truly eye opening.
His man is a disgrace and complete charlatan.

Hey...so.. um
Half the country will use this as confirmation bias and the other half will ignore it.

In the end, no one cares. That is where we are in 2020. I blame atheists.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Don't care he's got my vote.
- 49% of Americans
Bazooka Joe
AG
There was only one person left on politics he hadn't plagiarized. You can now mark that one off the list.
“The problem with the internet is that one can never trust the accuracy of a quote.” – Abraham Lincoln
Richierich2323
Probably done on purpose. Hanging on the coattails of Obama now and forever.
nortex97
AG
I'm still amazed to learn the Dems had a bunch of American flags up on the stage/as background etc.

I also would have expected more communist symbology this year, vs. biblical metaphors. I don't expect them to have any shame, but I also think they're past trying to appeal to christian imagery, being the full on party of infanticide and muslim voters now.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
They knew he'd remember old speeches from 2008 a lot better than anything they gave him new for 2020.
Ag87H2O
AG
Once a liar, always a liar. It's the same Democrat talking points for the thousandth time. I don't see it working this go round.
JamesBREI06
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

- 49% of Americans

*51% of American voters that also happen to not understand the beauty of the electoral college.
aggie93
AG
nortex97 said:

I'm still amazed to learn the Dems had a bunch of American flags up on the stage/as background etc.

I also would have expected more communist symbology this year, vs. biblical metaphors. I don't expect them to have any shame, but I also think they're past trying to appeal to christian imagery, being the full on party of infanticide and muslim voters now.
Actually I think what you will see for the next 3 months is a hard core effort to remake Biden's image as a moderate. Started yesterday with his "I'm not for defunding the police! Actually Trump is!" no matter how ridiculous that is, it's not like the MSM will hold him to account.

So I expect Biden to wrap himself in the flag and talk about his Catholic faith and the whole 9 yards. Of course it's all complete BS but it's all about fooling sheep voters.
nortex97
AG
You're probably right. Nevermind that he has vehemently (as recently as mid-2019) rejected being a moderate, even though he doesn't comprehend liberal vs. progressive, and has selected Beto to confiscate guns and the most left-wing US Senator as his running mate.

Now thru Nov 3rd, he's going to be portrayed in media as a patriotic catholic moderate, who is an agent of change for the good. Makes sense, to anyone who has paid his own words/actions no attention whatsoever.
Barnyard96
AG
Can someone check on the promises he made in 2008? I heard something about clean energy and this comes to mind.

BanderaAg956
AgOutsideAustin said:

- 49% of Americans

Liberal
Austin
Keep Austin Weird

Checks out mental illness in full effect
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Krautag81
AgOutsideAustin said:

- 49% of Americans
Why?
4stringAg
AG
Pretty damning when you take the angle that these were promises made in 2008 and after 8 years he and Obama couldn't get them done so are still maki g the same promises 12 years later. Lends credence to "40+ years in DC and he's done nothing of note"
DallasAg 94
EKG1996
Mucho austin
AG
12 years were not good for him
mwp02ag
AG
4stringAg said:

Pretty damning when you take the angle that these were promises made in 2008 and after 8 years he and Obama couldn't get them done so are still maki g the same promises 12 years later. Lends credence to "40+ years in DC and he's done nothing of note"
Especially after two days of every mainstream media outlet either loving the speech or at least saying "he did what he needed to do".

The only thing more "Joe Biden" than this is him sniffing hair. No way he's in the lead or can win this without voter fraud.
Big Al 1992
AG
Why is he talking at 78rpm??
titan
S
aggie93 said:

nortex97 said:

Actually I think what you will see for the next 3 months is a hard core effort to remake Biden's image as a moderate. Started yesterday with his "I'm not for defunding the police! Actually Trump is!" no matter how ridiculous that is, it's not like the MSM will hold him to account.

So I expect Biden to wrap himself in the flag and talk about his Catholic faith and the whole 9 yards. Of course it's all complete BS but it's all about fooling sheep voters.
Watch Scott Adams video from the 12:00 minute mark and you will never fall for the idea Biden is a moderate again. Him, not AOC, not Bernie, Him. He built his campaign explicitly on a division point.

That he favors the Green New Deal is enough to rule it out anyway.
AgFan2015
4stringAg said:

The two biggest WTF lines from both speeches:
1) equal pay for women

2) 5 million high tech / green jobs

He and O had eight years and a friendly Congress. Achieved neither. What's different this time around?

Equal pay should have been relatively easy to achieve through some lines of text in legislation, regulations, and enforcement. Didn't even require a ton of cash to enact.

Same with the jobs with a few extra steps and some cash.
oneeyedag
The other speaker going unnoticed or not getting any news is Donna Hylton.

Hylton took part of the 1985 case involving kidnapping, torture, and murder of 62-year-old real estate broker Thomas Vigliarolo. She was one of the six people who tortured Thomas for 'two to three weeks.
aginlakeway
AG
oneeyedag said:

The other speaker going unnoticed or not getting any news is Donna Hylton.

Hylton took part of the 1985 case involving kidnapping, torture, and murder of 62-year-old real estate broker Thomas Vigliarolo. She was one of the six people who tortured Thomas for 'two to three weeks.

Classy lady ...
titan
S

Tortured and killed--? Why still alive - much less not in hiding.
halfastros81
AG
None of the stuff the Dems promised in 2008 happened over their 8 yr reign except adoption of a really bad health plan. A lot of other bad stuff for the US happened, most of it designed to restrict our freedoms and reduce our influence around the world. Why would any voter believe anything different will happen this time ? The guy really making positive changes is already in office .

I'm still pissed that the never -trumper R's kept him from making more positive changes from 2017-2018. That was a huge lost opportunity.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Krautag81 said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

- 49% of Americans
Why?

Sarcasm much ? It was a joke that dumb azz libs don't care what he does they will still vote for him. Just like Trump has my vote.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
BanderaAg956 said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

- 49% of Americans

Liberal
Austin
Keep Austin Weird

Sarcasm much ?

And It's AgOutsideAustin as in not in the City limits of Austin or Travis County.
aginlakeway
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

BanderaAg956 said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

- 49% of Americans

Liberal
Austin
Keep Austin Weird

Sarcasm much ?

And It's AgOutsideAustin as in not in the City limits of Austin or Travis County.

Username checks out.
YouBet
AG
On equal pay, they probably realized it was fake news.

However, now that they are officially going full Marxism I suspect we will see actual legislation to do something here this time around.
Earl_Rudder
AG
YouBet said:

On equal pay, they probably realized it was fake news.

However, now that they are officially going full Marxism I suspect we will see actual legislation to do something here this time around.
Fat chance. Biden won't do anything different.

Obama/Biden ticket ran on fair pay. Obama signed into law the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay act in 2009:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_Ledbetter_Fair_Pay_Act_of_2009

In July 2016, the Obama administration still paid female Whitehouse staffers less than male staffers:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-white-house-still-pays-women-less-than-men

(We all know that in aggregate you will always have this gap because of the difference in male and female choice and not because of discrimination, but I digress.)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.