NSAIP - BLOC of Texas A&M (black leaders on campus) has given their demands

15,800 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Muy
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is nothing but marxist critical race theory which is about as racist as it gets.
GAC06
AG
Another shakedown
azul_rain
Yep, black mafia
Monywolf
Where do I sign to say no?
Its OK to be White
This is going to sound racist but it is not meant as such.

Black students making demands of society is laughable. Black people criticizing white people even more so.

Without us the country would cease. Without them the country would have lower crime. How dare they make demands of us
MaxPower
Most I'm fine with. It may be difficult to double black representation in faculty. Many schools are trying to do similar things and there are only so many qualified black professors on the planet.

I see a similar problem in my industry (public accounting). Every major accounting firm would hire as many qualified black candidates as they can. The problem is you need to have an accounting degree and, realistically, a grad degree to become a CPA. There are just only so many black candidates that meet that criteria. It isn't about intelligence. It's simply that, for whatever reason, black people are less likely to choose to be an accountant. I'm not going to pretend to understand the sociological and political reasons that result in that outcome, but it is what it is.
cityagboy
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Fire the Chinese and Indian professors for more black professors.

Sounds not-racist.
They said people of color..... not 50% black only
one MEEN Ag
AG
If you're white, you're technically a person of all colors.

But you gotta be really white to pull it off.
BarKeep_03
AG
DCAggie13y
AG
MaxPower said:

Most I'm fine with. It may be difficult to double black representation in faculty. Many schools are trying to do similar things and there are only so many qualified black professors on the planet.

I see a similar problem in my industry (public accounting). Every major accounting firm would hire as many qualified black candidates as they can. The problem is you need to have an accounting degree and, realistically, a grad degree to become a CPA. There are just only so many black candidates that meet that criteria. It isn't about intelligence. It's simply that, for whatever reason, black people are less likely to choose to be an accountant. I'm not going to pretend to understand the sociological and political reasons that result in that outcome, but it is what it is.

Maybe because accounting is boring as hell and requires a small degree of autism to enjoy doing it?
titan
S

Apropos on nothing in particular, this drama certainly shows the failure of the current unaccountable university leadership model around the nation. You were a conservative univiersity. Its like if the Democrats had the power to just appoint a Democrat as the Republican leader. But this seems the case with many campuses.
Ag87H2O
AG
I guess those of us who said the removal of Sully was just a first step were right. Getting rid of the statue was just step 1 of a long term plan to push the University towards the left.

It cannot be allowed to happen. The BOR better get off their butts and find a conservative fighter to replace Young or the school is toast.
cityagboy
AG
I see things like this as a good starting point for discussion. If the receiving side doesn't freak out and call them crazy a truly positive dialogue could be opened. From there both sides could discuss ways to make good change.

Do I agree with everything said? No. But that is where a back and forth dialogue could be good for our great university.
FrioAg 00
AG
Black folks represent 13% of Americans, and a smaller percent of people academically qualified for Texas A&M

If we're going to move towards equity, then it'll actually be LESS black people at Texas A&M. We'd have to STOP discriminating against Asians and White people.

So now would be a real good time for this group to silence their own voices, because they are arguing the unfair over representation they currently enjoy.
T Durden
AG
50% of former students? How did they come up with that? Not even remotely possible?
Change Detection
AG
Its kind of like 3% of the population be non-traditional in the their sexual orientation running policy and general BS into our control laws. If you don't agree you are condemned through SJW crap.

This is exactly the same, 13% of the population is forcing 50% numbers....we need more blacks because they are more vocal even though it disproportionately represents the population?

Just No

We were closer to unity ten years ago and this is clearly taking huge steps backward.

GeorgiAg
AG
Quote:

Double the number of black faculty in across all academic disciplines by 2025?

cityagboy
AG
Ag87H2O said:

I guess those of us who said the removal of Sully was just a first step were right. Getting rid of the statue was just step 1 of a long term plan to push the University towards the left.

It cannot be allowed to happen. The BOR better get off their butts and find a conservative fighter to replace Young or the school is toast.
how about instead of searching for a liberal or conservative who will fight for a side we find a great leader who will fight to help our great university continue to get even better!
TexasAggiesWin
S
cityagboy said:

I see things like this as a good starting point for discussion. If the receiving side doesn't freak out and call them crazy a truly positive dialogue could be opened. From there both sides could discuss ways to make good change.

Do I agree with everything said? No. But that is where a back and forth dialogue could be good for our great university.
A back and forth dialogue is not what is wanted with these demands. If that was the case, you don't release a set of bogus demands.
TacosaurusRex
cityagboy said:

You don't start conversations by demanding things. You would also have to get "the other" side not to call everyone that pushes back racist and then have their doxxing friends come play.
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
titan
S

Especially when the incidents seem to be on the other side or even manufactured. Its baffling, but like Change Detection said, its a microcosm of what is going on nationally on various angles with fringe.
amfta
AG
They're stupid, unrealistic and rude which pretty much defines the left in general. F them and their demands. Whatever happened to being smart, being reasonable and asking nice ?
FCBlitz
Face it boys......we have a target on our backs.

The long game in this BLM fiasco is to exploit a heavily white, traditional and military school as institutionally racist........and through anger, intimidation and sheep mentality attract protesters all in the name of fundraising.

The wimps in the Administration are ready to make a payment in hopes they will all go away. They won't. Texas A&M will soon look like U of Memphis.

The only way forward is denial and win. No compromise. Life will go on after the nuclear option is used.

padreislandagfan
How can they demand 50% BLACK students when they are only 13% of us population?

Wow
4stringAg
AG
Who has been silencing their voices before? "We will no longer be silenced" implies that they were being muzzled.
T Durden
AG
padreislandagfan said:

How can they demand 50% BLACK students when they are only 19% of us population?

Wow

50% of FORMER students too bro...
cityagboy
AG
FCBlitz said:

Face it boys......we have a target on our backs.

The long game in this BLM fiasco is to exploit a heavily white, traditional and military school as institutionally racist........and through anger, intimidation and sheep mentality attract protesters all in the name of fundraising.

The wimps in the Administration are ready to make a payment in hopes they will all go away. They won't. Texas A&M will soon look like U of Memphis.

The only way forward is denial and win. No compromise. Life will go on after the nuclear option is used.

wow
30wedge
They demand change, I demand they go to hell with their tripe. Eternal and perpetual victims, always looking to get paid rather than implementing changes to their own cultural issues. Of course, the latter takes real effort, determination, and sacrifice. Others have done it, prove you can.
cityagboy
AG
Why are so many non-Aggies here discussing Aggie issues. I fully respect and appreciate non-Aggie fans but stay in athletic discussions or political discussions that don't involve campus issues.
DCPD158
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Black folks represent 13% of Americans, and a smaller percent of people academically qualified for Texas A&M

If we're going to move towards equity, then it'll actually be LESS black people at Texas A&M. We'd have to STOP discriminating against Asians and White people.

So now would be a real good time for this group to silence their own voices, because they are arguing the unfair over representation they currently enjoy.

So, black Americans are over- represented in college sports. Maybe there would be a change of tune if the state and federal government mandated a cap on participation equal to the National percentage. Can you imagine college football PoC percentage capped at 13%? It would simply gut all P5 teams
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
T Durden
AG
BLOC looking for that 100,000,000 piece of pie in the sky.
Texarkanaag69
AG
Wonder what their response would be to a demand that 50% of rosters of professional football and basketball teams must be white players. Forget who's best qualified.
Secolobo
AG
TLDGAF
redass89
Inmates are running the asylum. Can I even say that? Is it racist. These are children. Most adults know if you want to come to a compromise you don't demand. I honestly am curious what MLK would think of today's movement. It's turned into looking like future genocide. You're no longer allowed to look at what's best for you. Color comes first. No questions asked. Pure insanity.
Ag87H2O
AG
cityagboy said:

Ag87H2O said:

how about instead of searching for a liberal or conservative who will fight for a side we find a great leader who will fight to help our great university continue to get even better!
as long as they'll stand up and fight against all this leftist Marxist crap and for our traditional values and culture including support for the Corps of Cadets I can live with that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.