Chicago Mayor bans protests near her home.

7,324 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mr.Bond
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

The Chicago Police Department has effectively banned protesters from demonstrating on Mayor Lori Lightfoot's block in the Logan Square neighborhood, ordering officers to arrest anyone who refuses to leave, the Tribune has learned.

The directive surfaced in a July email from then-Shakespeare District Commander Melvin Roman to officers under his command. It did not distinguish between the peaceful protesters Lightfoot regularly says she supports and those who might intend to be destructive, but ordered that after a warning is given to demonstrators, "It should be locked down."

Citing threats, Mayor Lori Lightfoot defends ban on protesters on her block: 'I have a right to make sure that my home is secure'
Quote:

Since the order, and even for a time just prior to its writing, Chicago cops have repeatedly blocked protesters' access to the block with groups of officers and barricades. Police have often kept protesters contained at the nearby corner of Kimball and Wrightwood avenues, though one standoff between activists and officers last month saw police go as far as bringing in an armored vehicle in case things got out of hand.

Some neighbors in the Logan Square area have complained about the city's approach to protests around Lightfoot's house, which at times has included checking residents' IDs before letting them close. Ron Kaminecki, a 69-year old patent attorney and bike shop owner who lives on Bernard Street a few houses from Lightfoot, said some neighbors have been frustrated by the police presence and barricades.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-chicago-police-lightfoot-protests-20200820-57vxhaa57jhijo3xllrflztcse-story.html?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=2020-08-20-Fort-Lori

What a POS.
Romello
Good for thee but not for me.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Rules for thee, not for me. It's the Democrat way.
VegasAg86
AG
"Rules for thee, but not for me". It's the official motto of elected Democrats.

Edit lol, third
Paradise Ag
AG

Protection for me but not for thee.

Also guessing "Black Lives Matter" is not painted down her street. Just a guess.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Do as I say -------------!
Trigger06
AG
She's also the kind of person who takes her hygiene seriously... Unlike all the rest of you peasants.
Slicer97
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

'I have a right to make sure that my home is secure'

Not at the expense of the taxpayer you don't.

Get a gun or hire a private security contractor.

I hope they burn her house down and I hope the police don't do a damn thing to stop it.
chimpanzee
At least their social issues are handled with such technocratic excellence.
nortex97
AG
But what about the mostly peaceful protestors? What actions/tactics/weapons are the police to be authorized toward those, especially if they are concerned about black lives mattering?
TyHolden
AG
When will Chicago learn? Defund the police but can't come near my neighborhood. Sounds like Austin City Council that banned camping near city hall...
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
I have stated it many times but if you want real change show up at these people's houses. Someone should drop the address and directions on how to get to her house at the riots. I don't condone violence but these politicians are too insulated. They can play politics while we have to deal with the ramifications. It's BS.
aggiehawg
AG
Are there any Daley(s) left to become Mayor of Chicago again? At least their brand of corruption kept the streets somewhat safer with cops willing to bash some heads.
4stringAg
AG
Same woman that got her hair done while telling others they couldn't go to the barber or beauty shop. An was unapologetic about it.
Andrew99
AG
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/06/10/chicago_mayor_lori_lightfoot_tells_alderman_hes_full_of_****_for_worrying_about_riots.html

When Alderman Lopez said:
Quote:

They're going to turn their focus on the neighborhoods.
God help us, what happens when they start going after residents?
The mayor responded:
Quote:

I think you're 100 percent full of s***
zoneag
Guess all those business owners who have seen their stores smashed, looted, and burned while the police did nothing don't have the same "rights" as the mayor. Disgusting.
richardag
Please for love of my eyes DO NOT POST A PICTURE OF THIS MAYOR,
DG-Ag
AG
thomas20:29 said:

When will Chicago learn? Defund the police but can't come near my neighborhood. Sounds like Austin City Council that banned camping near city hall...
I live in Austin and I'm not sure they're enforcing this ban. Ran aroundTown Lake yesterday and at least right across the street and cattycorner from city hall is a whole row of tents - a dozen or so at least.
turf guy ag
Tucker will have fun with this tonight.
Old_Ag_91
AG
Where's the lefties to defend this idiot?
Cmon Dems, explain to us why she's right. Looking forward to the mental gymnastics on this one.. should be world class.
chimpanzee
richardag said:

Nor should you say her name three times fast.
AtlAg05
AG
I think you messed up the url, that's supposed to be the the babylonbee right?
aggiehawg
AG
AtlAg05 said:

I think you messed up the url, that's supposed to be the the babylonbee right?

Chicago Tribune is close enough.
doubledog
I hear they can hire social workers cheap to "patrol" the mayor's neighborhood.
amfta
AG
Mayor Lori Lightfoot defends ban on protesters on her block: 'I have a right to make sure that my home is secure'

I think the Dem couple speaking at the Republcan Convention just got their talking point !

The Republican Convention folks should introduce Lori Lightfoot and show her saying this on a big screen while the Dem Couple walks out to podium so they can say in unison right after Lightfoot says - I have a right to make sure that my home is secure, They can shake their heads in agreement turn to the crowd and say in unison "Yeah damned right, ditto, what she said, Nice to see other Dems speaking here tonight supporting our position and the Republcian Platform"
Fredd
AG
richardag said:

I didn't realize how short she was
ham98
Shop owners of Chicago should sue to have that police presence removed because it causes stress to peaceful protesters.
taxpreparer
AG
Quote:

Citing threats, Mayor Lori Lightfoot defends ban on protesters on her block: 'I have a right to make sure that my home is secure'
[url=https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-chicago-police-lightfoot-home-protests-20200820-s563zjj4uzc2rcbprrruzalwaq-story.html#nt=interstitial-manual][/url]But, you peons who own shops don't.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
UnderTheHillAg
This is what scares me. She can blatantly say this without fear of being questioned or rebuked. This is insane, it's like the electorate are masochists. WTF has happened to let these people think they can lie to our faces while telling us that they're lying.
Ciboag96
Your honor, may I present Exhibit #1,906,873,992 of Democratic Hypocrisy

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The cognitive dissonance here is truly incredible. It's encouraged for the people to protest the federal government, Trump, and police, even though they have absolutely no impact on the policies that have created the situation that these people are protesting.

Yet as soon as they target one of the people that absolutely has caused their situation, then all of a sudden the people are declared out of control and we need the police to shut them down.
American Hardwood
AG
agdad4x
a businessman's response to the judge after shooting looter:

"Your Honor, I have the right to make sure my business is secure"

The TC Jester
richardag said:

WOOD.

And here's one of her and her bf, Rachel Maddow.

aggiehawg
AG
All this time, I never knew she was gay. Not that I GAS, still a very crappy mayor. Just surprised news reports never have mentioned it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.