Liberalism and Education

3,638 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DTP02
aggierogue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As a teacher, I find this reprehensible. Teachers who think they should indoctrinate students with their beliefs against parent consent should have consequences. Today, a teacher is risking their job by openly supporting the president, but other teachers can openly promote instruction that goes against parent wishes. All in the guise of protecting kids.

How about we just remove personal politics and opinions from the classroom.

Marcus Brutus
If there is any content that you are concerned about being transparent about, yeah, that's a huge red flag.

Pool is right.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Sunlight is the best disinfectant!

We need to sunlight the heck out of what "educators" are teaching our children.
Ol Army 01
AG
Private School or Private Religious Based School

Control the mantra & choose the message

Also they start here in Texas face to face in classroom Thursday
Smokedraw01
aggierogue said:

As a teacher, I find this reprehensible. Teachers who think they should indoctrinate students with their beliefs against parent consent should have consequences. Today, a teacher is risking their job by openly supporting the president, but other teachers can openly promote instruction that goes against parent wishes. All in the guise of protecting kids.

How are you risking your job by supporting the President?
Texaggie7nine
This is a gem

7nine
Smokedraw01
Who is Matthew Kay?
I Like Mike
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

This is a gem

THAT'S NOT YOUR JOB *******
Sid Farkas
AG
Quote:

Liberalism...Education
oxymoron
Bazooka Joe
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

Who is Matthew Kay?

Great question. I'm afraid the answer is something along the lines of "Just a run of the mill teacher" which should scare the hell out of you.
“The problem with the internet is that one can never trust the accuracy of a quote.” – Abraham Lincoln
Smokedraw01
Bazooka Joe said:

Smokedraw01 said:

Who is Matthew Kay?

Great question. I'm afraid the answer is something along the lines of "Just a run of the mill teacher" which should scare the hell out of you.

If that is what you are looking for, I'm sure that is what you'll find.
rwv2055
AG
Ol Army 01 said:

Private School or Private Religious Based School

Control the mantra & choose the message

Also they start here in Texas face to face in classroom Thursday

Our local schools started on Wednesday
double b
AG
No wonder so many students are ignorant and cannot pass their tests, teachers keep having conversations such as this. What happened to actually teaching math, science, English Language and Composition? This is not the education I want my school district delivering to my child, and as the parent, I will have conversations with them about the world views that I believe are appropriate.

So many of these teachers think, no believe, it is in in their right to have such conversations like this with our children when it has nothing to do with the actual curriculum.
Guppy91
AG
Finally starting to sink into these dolts: School teachers can't secretly indoctrinate our kids... if they are at home.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
aggierogue
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

aggierogue said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/michigan-teacher-fired-trump-tweets-nothing-in-the-tweets-are-inappropriate-meant-to-unify.amp
aggierogue
AG
rocky the dog said:

Teachers are essential. And we should be back in the classroom imo.
Shenaniganz
In my classroom I promote free thought and critical thinking by asking my students to do their own research. I've had several students try and spout typical CNN talking points only for me to ask them to independently verify those claims. Most times my kids come back going "huh...". All I want for my students is to be independent thinkers and not just take what is spoofed to them
Smokedraw01
Quote:

A Michigan social studies teacher and baseball coach has claimed he was fired after posting pro-Trump tweets, telling "Fox & Friends" on Thursday that the tweets were meant to "unify" and that "nothing in the tweets are inappropriate."

Lots of people make unsubstantiated claims for their benefit. Ask Mr. Smollett.
NewOldAg
AG
And Babylon Bee is a parody account (like The Onion) that is focused on teachers.
SquareOne07
AG
And the teacher locked his account
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

aggierogue said:

Well. Let's see.

If I stood up at my companies town hall and said "I support Donald Trump and his policies" I would be branded a racist, and shouted down by the diversity group, reprimanded, and probably "let go". Best case scenario is I don't get fired immediately, and get "pushed out".

If at that same meeting I stood up and said "It's time we once again have a president that unites all races, and prioritizes the need for a POC woman Vice President." I would be applauded as a leader for diversity and inclusion within my company.

[cool the rhetoric - Staff]
Gardening Ag

It's ironic the private Christian Schools are the ones preserving Classical Liberalism today.
aggierogue
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

Quote:

A Michigan social studies teacher and baseball coach has claimed he was fired after posting pro-Trump tweets, telling "Fox & Friends" on Thursday that the tweets were meant to "unify" and that "nothing in the tweets are inappropriate."

And sometimes claims are true. I won't try to convince you that there would be negative consequences for me openly supporting Trump on my social media platforms. I have seen enough to come to my own conclusions.
e=mc2
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

Quote:

You live under a rock. Pitiful.
gig em 02
Smokedraw01 said:

aggierogue said:

Troll
The Beef01
AG
Since the guy protected his Tweets and people can't see what the original discussion was, here's the screenshot:

outofstateaggie
AG
What teacher has time for this? Good gads. I had an intern a few years back that started out trying to frame EVERYTHING around sexual identity. Quickly had to sit him down and explain that we had content that had to be covered and we had no time for personal agendas. Rest of the year was fairly tense and he complained to his professors. Oh well, not in my classroom.

Social justice is currently front and center in schools of education, including Texas A&M's College of Education and Human Growth Development. It's been my experience that teachers that did not go through education programs make the best teachers. They have better content knowledge and are, generally, not caught up in the social justice agenda.

Marcus Brutus
The Beef01 said:

Since the guy protected his Tweets and people can't see what the original discussion was, here's the screenshot:

Libs claim that public education is not liberal indoctrination. We have a teacher admitting they are doing just that.
APHIS AG
The Beef01 said:

He does not teach, he indoctrinates.

Welcome to Indoctrination 101
TexAgs91
AG
aggierogue said:

I know teachers like this. And yes... They are legit evil.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Ag4coal
This board has plenty of conspiracy theories. Reading the article makes it a95%+ chance this isn't one. Not a good one to goaltend on
APHIS AG
When you have a teachers union that is 100% liberal and very political, they are going to push the liberal agenda.

thefederalist.com/2020/08/05/teachers-unions-are-attempting-political-blackmail-its-time-to-break-them-up/
HalifaxAg
AG
As a teacher, this is disgusting and this guy should be fired immediately...

...but ask yourself and be honest, how many parents have daily conversations with their kids (and go into details) about what they talked about in school? How many check the online LMS's for the content being provided?

If more did, this kind of **** could be rooted out faster before damage could be done.
aggierogue
AG
HalifaxAg said:

As a teacher, this is disgusting and this guy should be fired immediately...

...but ask yourself and be honest, how many parents have daily conversations with their kids (and go into details) about what they talked about in school? How many check the online LMS's for the content being provided?

If more did, this kind of **** could be rooted out faster before damage could be done.
And if a teacher is teaching liberal BS, address it with your school.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.