"nobody has done more for Black Americans than I have"

7,801 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
chevy con queso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
titan said:

If that is genuine, there is no way LBJ did the Civil Rights thing for anything other than expanding the power of the Democratic Party.

LBJ was a known racist. He did like all the other Democrats do- pander to minorities in exchange for their vote. And sadly, it works to this day.

They don't give 2 s***s about equality, black lives, etc. They care about votes and keeping the gravy train rolling.

"Son, when I appoint a n***** to the court, I want everyone to know he's a n*****."

-L.B.J., hero of the left, father of the welfare state as we know it.
Muy
AG
PabloSerna said:

President Trump says in a recent interview.

Looking into this, it does not seem to be the consensus among historians in a Politfact article - Why do people keep repeating this inaccuracy?

Record black unemployment. Largest decrease in people relying on food stamps.

Do you news, bro?
Ag4coal
PabloSerna said:

Looking into this, it does not seem to be the consensus among historians in a Politfact article - Why do people keep repeating this inaccuracy?

I agree that is not currently possible to say Trump has done more than Lincoln, Eisenhower or others... but historians can't exactly look at a current president in the same light as presidents from 50-250 years ago. It takes a little while to assess where their policies take the country.
stetson
AG
PabloSerna said:

So, who do you or Politfact think has done more for black Americans Than Trump?
FJB
mjfrog
AG
I'd give him/Polifact the benefit of doubt on Lincoln. The state's rights vs. slavery argument doesn't completely fill the narrative in my view. That far back, and looking at modern day perspectives on history? I dunno. We have a bad habit of rewriting history. My education on the civil war needs work, but there are clearly two schools of thought on war purpose (Slavery/States Rights). Not that I'm at all unhappy with the "abolishment of slavery". Abducted child and young woman slavery still quite popular in our world, but I digress.

From Wiki(antifas!) on Hitler's Nazis (modern times):
"The alt-right distinguished itself from earlier forms of white nationalism through its largely online presence and its heavy use of irony and humor, particularly through the promotion of Internet memes like Pepe the Frog."

Let's start with the "Alt-right distinguished itself".... Bull friggin cheeeeaaat! The Alt-right, as they call it, is just a labelling farce. Tin foil hat? Farce. "Pepe the Frog" a voice of white supremacy? Perhaps the largest farce of them all! Remember when they tried to tell us using the OK symbol with your hand was racism? WITAF? Finally: "People that share original political thoughts with each other?" ----> Alt Right. All BS!

No, its not right. Our kids are being fed a heap-ton of chit about history.

Alt-right people are primarily Libertarians. No Nazis here. Good luck getting Wiki and Polifact to acknowledge the FACT.
Come Out Roll
AG
Remember, it was LBJ that so eloquently said...

"We'll have these n****** voting Democrat for 200 years" [upon the passage of the CRB]
ABATTBQ11
AG
PabloSerna said:

You know who really did a lot for blacks? That one guy who defended higher and rural education for blacks and ensured continued funding for a school for deaf, dumb, and blind black children in the heyday of the KKK and a truly racist country.

What was his name again?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.