The Vaccine

7,011 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
Maroon Elephant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pivoting from another thread. It appears that the pending vaccine is ahead of schedule. They are starting the phase 3 trials this week, which is a great sign. If all goes well, how quickly can we get this to healthcare workers, military and teachers?

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/2020/07/27/virus-vaccine-put-to-final-test-in-thousands-of-volunteers/
GCP12
AG
No sooner than November 4th
SNES Chalmers
Maroon Elephant said:

If all goes well, how quickly can we get this to healthcare workers, military and teachers?

Hairstylists? Bartenders?
Cant Think of a Name
AG
Rushing a vaccine without having any idea about longterm effects of said vaccine on a disease with a 99.9% survival rate.

What could possibly go wrong?
Artorias
AG
Don't think I would be lining up to be one of the guinea pigs for a rushed vaccine.
Maroon Elephant
AG
I'm not advocating rushing an unproven vaccine, but it sounds like they didn't start from scratch on this one, so maybe fewer unknown's than expected.
Raiderjay
2 Weeks.......
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
Onceaggie2.0
LOL wont take this just like I don't take the Flu one either enjoy sheeple.
normaleagle05
AG
Cant Think of a Name said:

Rushing a vaccine without having any idea about longterm effects of said vaccine on a disease with a 99.9% survival rate.

Fast zombies.
BigHitterDaLama

There is so much truth here.

The population has become way too trusting in what we blindly put in our bodies because we think our Govt cares about each and every one of us.

Cant Think of a Name
AG
Maybe so.

I am as pro vaxxer as you can get, but it'll be a hard pass for me.

I'll take my chances with covid over this.
Post removed:
by user
Cassius
who is willingly going to take this vaccine?

The mainstream media and liberals have made this thing out to be Ebola.
GeorgiAg
AG
SNES Chalmers said:

Maroon Elephant said:

If all goes well, how quickly can we get this to healthcare workers, military and teachers?

Hairstylists? Bartenders?
Strippers?
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
I volunteer all Libs , democrats, Antifa , and BLM to take this vaccine first.
titan
S

Agree. This isn't necessarily good news. Our record prior was 9 months, and that one DID have side-effects that were noticeable. (I believe it was under Ford? Maybe earlier).

Wouldn't go near the initial run unless really sick.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
William K. Klingaman
tt way too many who have had this, felt like **** for 3-5 days, and are over it. Not getting a vaccine.
EKUAg
AG
EKUAg
AG
He is listening to this.

Maroon Elephant
AG
Agree that HCQ should be readily available and prescribed asap.
Maroon Elephant
AG
For the record, I'm not excited to run out and get this vaccine. I am excited about what it represents. Our overlords have moved the goalposts from "flatten the curve" to "we need a vaccine." Well I think we will have it and I think it will be here before the election. It's existence alone will push the economy to re-open.
GCP12
AG
Maroon Elephant said:

For the record, I'm not excited to run out and get this vaccine. I am excited about what it represents. Our overlords have moved the goalposts from "flatten the curve" to "we need a vaccine." Well I think we will have it and I think it will be here before the election. It's existence alone will push the economy to re-open.
"Vaccine doesn't work. Antibodies only last 2-3 months"

There, I fixed your optimism
SirDippinDots

Yes, I will wait.
VitruvianAg
AG
Vader Was Framed said:

Moderna up 10% today. Pew pew.
Look at what happened to NVAX the last 6 months!
MassAggie97
AG
Quote:

I think you make a great point, but I also think the oft-repeated sentiment about "99.9% survival rate" ignores the sub-lethal symptoms which can be severe, debilitating, and can cause a major drain on the resources of community medical establishments around the country. That's not even mentioning the lost productivity of people who are either hospitalized or quarantined at home with severe symptoms. "Death" is not the only bad outcome that can be attributed to COVID, and it seems like that gets ignored around here.
MouthBQ98
AG
Aside from triggering a fatal pneumonia, it seems to have lasting effects more similar to other common colds caused by Others coronaviruses. If your body doesn't overreact, almost all people tend to recover fully is what I am seeing. Sure, it probably isn't fun if you get a serious case.
ChipFTAC01
AG
harleyds2
AG
I just recovered from Covid. 3 week ordeal. No way I would take that vaccine. When I first came down with it My wife sent email to SR asking about getting HCQ or other treatments with evidence other drs are using it successfully. Boiler plate Corporate response from DR in 1 page email is summed up as these medications are not tested so we won't prescribe it. If your symptoms get worse go to hospital they have more treatments available. Funny I thought they were supposed to try to keep people out of hospital
Aggie Joe 93
AG
What's coming is county judges creating orders that we all must get it to go in public.

My question is will the MSM promote that obvious violation of our rights as a really great idea. Will they say just whites must get it because we need to avoid systemic racism against minorities. Will there be a bill put forth from Congress we can't see until after it's voted on? Will vaccines be required for school? Will vaccines be required for all? (Will vaccines be required for Congress?)

Political points must be scored by someone. Who will it be? And what power are they going to grab in order to have it?
Stinky T
AG
The very first RNA vaccine approved for humans. Rushed through the trial process. Yeah I wouldn't even think about getting that thing injected into my body.
titan
S
Aggie Joe 93 said:

What's coming is county judges creating orders that we all must get it to go in public.

My question is will the MSM promote that obvious violation of our rights as a really great idea. Will they say just whites must get it because we need to avoid systemic racism against minorities. Will there be a bill put forth from Congress we can't see until after it's voted on? Will vaccines be required for school? Will vaccines be required for all? (Will vaccines be required for Congress?)

Political points must be scored by someone. Who will it be? And what power are they going to grab in order to have it?
That sounds like it would be unconstitutional in the extreme. Not least because you could persuasively claim that it was an attempt at mass poisoning or even some other eugenics like sterilization. Given all the DNC-MSM lying, that would be hard to refute. Besides, a rushed vaccine by nature wouldn't have passed the safety test. It would be the anti-vaxxer arguments steroids.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
The Fife
normaleagle05 said:

Fast zombies.
Well crap, sounds like Half Life 2. Maybe it's finally time to move out of Ravenholm.
Post removed:
by user
BigHitterDaLama
SoupNazi2001 said:

Will they mandate everyone must get the vaccine. I think they will or you will be on the blacklist. Can't fly, etc.
The Deep State has a hard on to do this. It's another way to create chaos and division among us regular folk.......masks on steroids.
titan
S
BigHitterDaLama said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Will they mandate everyone must get the vaccine. I think they will or you will be on the blacklist. Can't fly, etc.
The Deep State has a hard on to do this. It's another way to create chaos and division among us regular folk.......masks on steroids.
Brings that question up again. Never thought a system might get thrown down just because people want to work. Now you have to add just because they wouldn't want to be guinea pigs.
FrioAg 00:
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.