Lina Hidalgo

8,009 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ciboag96
Heisenberg01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All over MSNBC blaming water parks and eating dinner outside at restaurants for the spike in Houston. Meanwhile it gets completely ignored that 10 days after 60,000 people met downtown the numbers blew through the flipping roof. Surprised that 1 story actually ran pointing this out.

https://www.newsweek.com/houston-protesters-begin-fall-ill-coronavirus-after-marching-george-floyd-1511066

Let's call a spade a spade. Lina shouldn't act like their is a magic bubble that protected the protesters. Color me shocked that things went crazy a week after stadium sized crowds met on the streets of downtown.
titan
S

What is even more, in Houston's case, you had some protestors go on TV afterward that admitted they were now sick, and realized it. So its a 1 to 1 link there.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Dr. Nefario
FAT SEXY said:

Ted Cruz being a lazy ass campaigner doing his job instead of wasting time and other people's money campaigning for an election he had no chance of losing yielded this b*****..

butterfly effect yo..

FIFY...
Beat40
Let's be honest, the race was a little too close for comfort.
wasntme
Dr. Nefario said:

FAT SEXY said:

Ted Cruz being a lazy ass campaigner doing his job instead of wasting time and other people's money campaigning for an election he had no chance of losing yielded this b*****..

butterfly effect yo..

FIFY...
I agree w/ you, but it still helped to cause this.
zephyr88
AG

Harris Country voter turnout was 52%. Hildawg won by 18k votes.

Harris County is democrapic, not overly surprised.

Being a hispanic (d) in Harris County certainly helped her.

Ed Emmett is a good man - just didn't take it serious enough until too late.

Never take anything for granted.
jetch17
AG
F Lina.
TexAgs1992
Lina Hidalgo is Houston's version of Ocasio-Cortez. She is an absolute imbecile.
Rapier108
FAT SEXY said:

Ted Cruz being a lazy ass campaigner yielded this b*****..

butterfly effect yo..
Even if Cruz had campaigned non-stop, the BetaBots still would have turned out, and Dora still would have won the election.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
fightingfarmer09
Let me be extreme blunt.

Ted Cruz did not cause Dora.

Ed Emmet's obsession with wasting tens of millions of taxpayer dollars trying to revive a broken down, asbestos ridden hellhole caused him to lose that seat.
TxTarpon

Donde esta sus ojos?
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Noble07
AG
I'm not so sure that Ed would be much better during COVID.
The Beef01
AG
Dr. Nefario said:

FAT SEXY said:

butterfly effect yo..

FIFY...

I agree with this, but he and his campaign absolutely killed many other elections throughout the state by letting Beto actually convince moderate voters that he was a centrist. Actually campaigning directly against Beto would've depressed much of the vote that got out for him b/c they would've shown he was absolutely not who he was campaigning as.

It would've been an easy spike and as a result, suburbanites in Harris county enabled Hidalgo to happen. (We can probably thank him for Lizzie Fletcher too)
thirdcoast
AG
Just wait till the news of durable herd immunity finally drops. Then we will know who the real "science deniers" were that intervened with mother nature to prolong virus and deepen the taxpayer burden.
Keegan99
AG
From the Houston board.

It would seem that the problem is not uniform throughout the city.

aTm2004
AG
Aldine representing!
astros4545
AG
The scale on those is incredibly tight to make it look like their is variation across the city

A different color for a 1% range?!?!
Keegan99
AG
Agreed. It's not the best data. Not it's from the local government, so to be expected.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
For sure. They are beautiful, no doubt.
bdgol07
AG
Hispanic Courthouse Barbie is way over her head
Ciboag96
I'm ****ing exhausted with the bull**** propaganda. Anyone who feels this isn't an intentional and blatant act is a fool.
aggie93
AG
The Beef01 said:

Dr. Nefario said:

FAT SEXY said:

butterfly effect yo..

FIFY...

I agree with this, but he and his campaign absolutely killed many other elections throughout the state by letting Beto actually convince moderate voters that he was a centrist. Actually campaigning directly against Beto would've depressed much of the vote that got out for him b/c they would've shown he was absolutely not who he was campaigning as.

It would've been an easy spike and as a result, suburbanites in Harris county enabled Hidalgo to happen. (We can probably thank him for Lizzie Fletcher too)
Maybe you missed the massive amount of out of state money Beto had along with endless positive press coverage? Cruz destroyed Beto in the debates. He ran some effective ads showing Beto was a liberal. The problem was if you count free media Beto was getting Cruz was basically being outspent 20 to 1 or more. Beto had everything going for him including his Whataburger ketchup logo. You act like this was a fair fight.

It's really ridiculous to blame Cruz for down ballot races too.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
The TC Jester
fightingfarmer09 said:

Let me be extreme blunt.

Ted Cruz did not cause Dora.

Ed Emmet's obsession with wasting tens of millions of taxpayer dollars trying to revive a broken down, asbestos ridden hellhole caused him to lose that seat.

Not even close. Massive amount of limp wristed liberals in Houston straight line voting for Beto caused this.
The TC Jester

And she looks like Paul Reubens
Martin Q. Blank
Keegan99 said:

Those rate categories are useless.
0-20
20-21
22-23
24-25
25-100

gee thanks
Panama Red
AG
Emmett lost by 20k votes

24k self-important people voted for a libertarian dork with no chance to win.

Congratulations on being so principled.

(Though I do think Emmett would likely be going along with these restrictions, at least I'd have some faith he wasn't just following Turner lead)

TxAggieBand85
AG

Quote:

Not even close. Massive amount of limp wristed liberals in Houston straight line voting for Beto caused this.

Agree. Lina legally entered the race and won. Now under 2 years later lots of whining about the results. Lots of people who could have should have voted barley even knew there was an election going on, must less paying attention to skateboard exhibitions at What-a-Burger.

Since Clinton with the boxers or briefs and the sax playing was it shown that being cool was a way to garner lots of votes with the less life experienced crowd. The Beto cool effect along with straight ticket voting and the number of should be voting but didn't got Harris County into this mess.

I think (perhaps someone can verify) that straight ticket voting is now not allowed. That might give a chance to correct our courts and just maybe return to some adults operating the county.
lamivudine
Most chicks from Colombia are hot here well.....
SirDippinDots
Heisenberg01 said:

All over MSNBC blaming water parks and eating dinner outside at restaurants for the spike in Houston. Meanwhile it gets completely ignored that 10 days after 60,000 people met downtown the numbers blew through the flipping roof. Surprised that 1 story actually ran pointing this out.

https://www.newsweek.com/houston-protesters-begin-fall-ill-coronavirus-after-marching-george-floyd-1511066

Let's call a spade a spade. Lina shouldn't act like their is a magic bubble that protected the protesters. Color me shocked that things went crazy a week after stadium sized crowds met on the streets of downtown.

Just a dumb b* and should still be sitting at the kids table during Thanksgiving gatherings.
SirDippinDots
Now I see it.
Whiskey Before Breakfast
AG
TexAgs1992 said:

Lina Hidalgo is Houston's version of Ocasio-Cortez. She is an absolute imbecile.
THIS !!!!!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.