Redskins done...

7,685 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Cromagnum
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

agsalaska said:

Couple of thoughts.

I would be curious to see how actual native American feel about this. I remember the last tiem this kicked up there will polls showing natives against a chance like 85-15. I bet, after teaching victim hood for a generation that has changed a bit.

But it doesnt really matter. This has nothing to do with race in the end. That's not the left's end game.

So many people today want the opportunity to proclaim to be offended on behalf of others and never bother to determine if those others are truly offended or if it is only a small activist fraction engaged in political manipulations via a claim offense that Is then merely amplified by these outsiders, against the wishes of the majority.
The Eskimos Pie thing is a perfect example of this. Everyone was offended except for the Eskimos.

The skeptic Communist hater in me thinks it is more than just dumbass guilty white people. The Bolsheviks were hell bent, especially pre WWII, on eliminating any and all personal identities. It was a core tenant of Lenin. You were not black, white, christian, muslim, Georgian, nothing. You were communist. These progressives that a lot of us think are just lunatic whites, which for the masses may be true, are lead by people who follow the same ideologies. And you see it happening all over. Aunt Jemima and Uncle Bens, the Indian butter, Eskimo Pies, now the Redskins, are all about erasing history and identities.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

The skeptic Communist hater in me thinks it is more than just dumbass guilty white people. The Bolsheviks were hell bent, especially pre WWII, on eliminating any and all personal identities. It was a core tenant of Lenin. You were not black, white, christian, muslim, Georgian, nothing. You were communist. These progressives that a lot of us think are just lunatic whites, which for the masses may be true, are lead by people who follow the same ideologies. And you see it happening all over. Aunt Jemima and Uncle Bens, the Indian butter, Eskimo Pies, now the Redskins, are all about erasing history and identities.
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Blackhorse83
AG
Glad to see you are back to form.
Scouts Out
Faustus
They could go with a plant.

The Washington Pansies.

Or, with a nod to the capital district

The Washington Red-Lights

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/redskins-name-change-options/wjt7ert3ue7g18jgmr1sj8w2g

Top 5 according to one article:

Washington Redtails
Washington Hogs (or Washington RedHogs)
Washington Wariors
Washington RedHawks
Washington RedWolves
Raiderjay
The Washington Red Karens.....
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Wild horses couldn't keep me away.

Thanks.
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Ag_EE
AG
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

Wild horses couldn't keep me away.

Thanks.

Nice!
agsalaska
AG
The absolutely were.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
rocky the dog
Buck Turgidson
Gutless *******
Mayor West
AG

Washington Red Engines
Evanhue
AG
RIP

counter subconscious espionage
GeorgiAg
AG
Tegridy

Not Coach Jimbo
If a team changes its name in an empty stadium, does anyone notice?
isitjustme
AG
The DIstrict Columbians.

Then they can not only beat their opponents, they can spread all sorts or diseases to them. Imagine a whole team of asymptomatic covid carriers who refuse to wear face masks. We can move the Sully statue to the front of the stadium just to throw them off.

Am I mixing too many issues here?
TyHolden
AG
Washington Crooks
Cromagnum
AG
New helmets are pretty legit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.