Great Covid Results

13,545 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Not Coach Jimbo
waitwhat?
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigRobSA said:

Open.
It.
All.
Up.
Now.

And the morons like Abbott who are pushing for masks should all be primaried for being too stupid to breathe.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Young people are getting it or finding out they had it and never knew. Have several friends that have tested positive and wouldn't have gotten tested but for an employer requirement or being in proximity of someone with the disease.

Only friend that noticed symptoms complained of a small amount of muscle aches.
DCAggie13y
AG
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb said:

Aw, learning about graphs? Here's Texas.

I want to make sure that we get all the credit of our great leaders, instead of lumping us in with all of those liberal states. You know.

39 states have had more covid deaths per capita than Texas including nearly every liberal state that imposed stricter lockdowns than Texas. Out of the 12 states that have experienced the highest death rates in the US, 10 of them have Democratic governors that imposed stricter lockdowns than Texas.

The reason many of those liberal states are now seeing a decline is the virus has pretty much run its course and killed a large number of vulnerable people. New York has had 21 times more deaths per capita than Texas and even recently has still exceeded the number of daily deaths in Texas.
Ag with kids
AG
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb said:

Not yet
I know this is a really difficult concept for you to grasp, but the number of tests performed per day has a large impact on number of positive cases. Right now, we're testing a LOT more, which means we will get an increase in positive cases identified.

I could take the number of positive cases identified to ZERO tomorrow - just decree no more testing...
Trucker 96
anyone pimping case counts is full of disingenuous *****
DTP02
AG
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb said:

I want to make sure that we get all the credit of our great leaders, instead of lumping us in with all of those liberal states. You know.

We never really even had a first wave in TX. We are having one now and it's still much less than other locales' first waves.
Forum Troll
AG
Ag with kids said:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb said:

Not yet
I know this is a really difficult concept for you to grasp, but the number of tests performed per day has a large impact on number of positive cases. Right now, we're testing a LOT more, which means we will get an increase in positive cases identified.

I could take the number of positive cases identified to ZERO tomorrow - just decree no more testing...
This chart has nothing to do with case numbers and testing. Its hospitalizations and its up to 587 as of this morning, along with 234 ICU and 97 vents.
aTm2004
AG
annie88
AG
27M in Texas, dude.
beerad12man
AG
aTm2004
AG
B-1 83 said:

Somewhere there should be a good chart/graph on numbers of daily tests over time and % positive tests.
Here's one from the Texas Medical Center for the Houston area.

A lot of good info here: https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/
Ag with kids
AG
Forum Troll said:

Ag with kids said:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb said:

Not yet

This chart has nothing to do with case numbers and testing. Its hospitalizations and its up to 587 as of this morning, along with 234 ICU and 97 vents.
406 positive patients. It's right there on the chart. THAT IS "case numbers".

A month ago, here in Nueces County, you had to answer 6 questions Yes in order to get a test. Today, you answer 1 of those 6 questions Yes and you get a test (they may have even moved on to just testing everyone that asks by now. If you test more people, you get more positive results, unless the disease is completely going away...
aggiebq03+
spacemanspiff said:

aggiebq03+ said:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb said:

about a week or two away before we're right back at the top again, don't you worry.

There it is!
Just wait two weeks!
Why would he say two weeks? Do you know?

Do you think in two weeks when his prediction is wrong he'll be admitting it? Or saying two weeks again?

I think we are in "just two weeks" number 20 or so by now.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Deaths are way down because we've learned critical lessons like

-Ventilarors make it worse and should be a last resort

-Treat the cytokine storm first as this is the real cause of death for most people, not the virus.
DTP02
AG
Forum Troll said:

Ag with kids said:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb said:

Not yet

That's not actually true that it has "nothing" to do with testing. Hospitals are now open for elective procedures and generally admitting a whole lot more people than they have been in the last couple months. It's also SOP to test every patient for CoVID regardless of why they are in the hospital. So a CoVID positive patient having gall bladder surgery is counted in the hospitalized number even though he's hospitalized for the gall bladder surgery not CoVID.

That's all factual information and clearly is going to skew the reality behind those numbers to some extent.

What we don't have is a breakdown of how many CoVID-positive patients are hospitalized, in ICU, or on vents because of CoVID vs something else. We know it's significant because statistics, but until hospitals start tracking "reason for admission" for CoVID-positive patients we don't know how significant.
aggiedata
AG
aTm2004
AG
My wife and I were talking about this yesterday. We both had a couple days in February where we both felt the aches you get when you're sick, but neither of us had a fever or felt any other symptoms of any kind. Just achy. We know it was February because it was after we got back from Disney. So, we're now just curious.

She also has a friend who is confident she had it due to losing her taste and smell about 2 months ago and that was it. She actually had the antibody test and it came back negative.
Forum Troll
AG
Ag with kids said:

Forum Troll said:

Ag with kids said:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb said:

Not yet

A month ago, here in Nueces County, you had to answer 6 questions Yes in order to get a test. Today, you answer 1 of those 6 questions Yes and you get a test (they may have even moved on to just testing everyone that asks by now. If you test more people, you get more positive results, unless the disease is completely going away...
Go read the source data.
https://covid19.sanantonio.gov/About-COVID-19/Dashboards-Data/Surveillance
Gap
AG
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb said:

So Texas never had anywhere near an outbreak of death that filled our hospitals beyond the point of seeing patients who were dying without treatment? Is that the lesson?
Ag with kids
AG
Forum Troll said:

Ag with kids said:

Forum Troll said:

Ag with kids said:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb said:

Not yet

Go read the source data.
https://covid19.sanantonio.gov/About-COVID-19/Dashboards-Data/Surveillance
You do realize that San Antonio is not located in Nueces County, right?
vmiaptetr
AG
ABATTBQ87
AG
rgag12 said:

You know that graph just shows state run lab tests right? It's not a very good way to try and make a point, especially one given with no comment.
not every post is to make a point; this is a graph with data that you can interpret any way you see fit.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG

Quote:

And side note places like Japan and Taiwan have to wear masks because as we all know they don't respect people's personal space. I taught my child this weekend how to respect other's personal space.
I don't ever post in this forum, and I don't care to debate all this Covid-19 stuff, but you've clearly never been to Japan! You realize Japan isn't China, right?
Forum Troll
AG
Snow Monkey Ambassador said:

Quote:

And side note places like Japan and Taiwan have to wear masks because as we all know they don't respect people's personal space. I taught my child this weekend how to respect other's personal space.
I don't ever post in this forum, and I don't care to debate all this Covid-19 stuff, but you've clearly never been to Japan! You realize Japan isn't China, right?
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
AG
Yes more people are testing, but a larger percentage of people testing are testing positive...
bmks270
AG
Cases booming in Florida as well.

Looks like the south still has to get over the real hump of a lot more infected before the spread slows with open commerce.
IndividualFreedom
Wuhan is a killer?????
aggiebq03+
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb said:

Yes more people are testing, but a larger percentage of people testing are testing positive...

And...
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
AG
If you can't come to any conclusions from that... I mean good for you, sweetheart.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Ag with kids said:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb said:

Not yet

That graph is HOSPITALIZATIONS in San Antonio, not number of positive cases. These are people that are requiring a hospital stay. COVID is very far from over in Texas, in fact, it has really just started. I am seeing 7-8 patients per day with COVID, and that number is quickly increasing. Just 2 weeks ago, I was seeing 1 every other day. The ERs of the hospitals I work at are holding patients for sometimes over a day because we have run out of ICU beds. We have had to start transferring many of our COVID patients out. ER wait times prior to even getting blood drawn at my main location is currently around 5 hours (this is not normal for this hospital or even flu season). I have admitted 2 20-30 year olds to the ICU who had no medical problems prior to COVID. I have had to intubate 3 40-50 year olds in the last week. I don't claim to know the answer to the problem, but I laugh when I see people on here claim COVID is over. This is not the flu, I have never seen the flu do any of this. You don't need to live in fear, but you do need to take precautions, protect those most vulnerable, and don't be an idiot
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The TC Jester
Privileged Ag said:

I lick every door knob I see, and I can't seem to catch this damn thing.

Don't worry, If you ever do catch it, it is likely that you will barely notice. You may very well have had it already.
The TC Jester
It's not over. We're finally hitting our first wave. What did everyone expect??? Could have faced this sooner.

Me (39) and my wife (37) have had it, as have some of our friends and family members. The flu is WAY worse in the vast majority of cases. Remember that you are disproportionately seeing the exceptions. Any flu or cold or sinus infection I have ever had was significantly worse than this.
bmks270
AG
Thanks for this insight.
nortex97
AG
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb said:

Fake News: A lower percentage now than 2 days ago based on rolling 7 day avg; it's dropped to 7 percent from 10.

Also, it should be noted that swamp news/bureaucracies like this erode the faith in folks as to public health panic news; Economists say Riots lowered COVID rates.

Quote:

On June 8, the National Bureau of Economic Research abandoned objectivity to declare a recession before there was evidence of one.

Today, the same bureaucracy declared the BLM protests, riots, and looting actually stop the spread of covid-19.

Researchers strayed from the economy to give medical advice. They released a paper that said, "Event-study analyses provide strong evidence that net stay-at-home behavior increased following protest onset, consistent with the hypothesis that non-protesters' behavior was substantially affected by urban protests."

The hypothesis holds that scaring people out of their wits by burning police cars and the local Wendy's are good for society because it slows the spread of covid-19.

The economists had a Marge Schott moment in which they asked, but what about all the good things rioting and looting have done?

A ransacked city smoking in the morning sub is a covid-19 free city, eh?

NBER Working Paper No. 27408 said, "Sparked by the killing of George Floyd in police custody, the 2020 Black Lives Matter protests have brought a new wave of attention to the issue of inequality within criminal justice. However, many public health officials have warned that mass protests could lead to a reduction in social distancing behavior, spurring a resurgence of covid-19.
The bottom line is the infection rate (among those likely to be at serious risk of death; the growth in cases is largely among the young, not very at risk populations), and more importantly the actual healthcare resource usage (ICU beds) is dropping (ICU bed usage has dropped from 320 to 268 in Texas the past month). Public health officials and democrats in general (especially their economic analyses) have proven to be dishonest so are not worth rebutting on an individual basis at this point.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/texas
aggiebq03+
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb said:

If you can't come to any conclusions from that... I mean good for you, sweetheart.

You seemed to imply it was a bad thing, when it's clearly not. Zero case count was never anyone's goal, at any point the last several months.

Thought you might care to explain, but sort of figured your reply would be more like the one above...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.