***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

963,581 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
policywonk98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

hairloom said:

John Maplethorpe said:

Tennessee isn't purple as you pointed out. Whether a state is purple has nothing to do with the facts of the case. Has any senator denied the illicit QPQ since the house made its case and Bolton leak? I don't think so.

It's beyond absurd at this point that anybody would deny it, he's lying about it, and it will keep getting confirmed for months.

"Yeah it was wrong but I don't want to remove" is the only honest position left.
thanks for more leftist lecturing trash. When the acquittal occurs there's your proof of no QPQ.

Several of the jurors voting to acquit said there was an obvious QPQ.

OJ got 12 acquittal votes, that's not an exoneration. Especially since Senate Republicans participated in the cover-up. Trump has to keep lying because he knows no other way.

Explain the cover up. I agree that Trump himself lied that there was no QPQ. But Mulvaney et al have said from very early on that, yes there was QPQ. That's normal. The question becomes, was it for personal gain and rise to a high crime and misdemeanor.

Much like him saying he has nothing to do with Russia, he lied because the media and democrat blowback makes him think something is illegal about it, so his impulse is to lie about it publically and let his legal team sort it all out. I'm not defending that. It's part of many deep character flaws. But it's not illegal to do business in Russia nor is it illegal or an abuse of power to ask a foreign leader to get to the bottom of something you think is part of a larger pattern of corruption. Like I've said from the outset. The problem shouldn't be Trump asking. The problem should be that a former VP and his child are potentially one part of a much larger problem of corruption throughout our foreign policy apparatus.

Putting Biden as opponent aside for a moment here. The linkages between members of the NCS, Biden, DNC, Congressional Dems, and the Ukraine, has become pretty plain to see. Now maybe it's all legit. Maybe all of these relationships and interrelationships are normal. But at some point the over the top reactions to certain things Trump is picking at have to beg the observation, "the lady doth protest too much, methinks".

Going back to the "Jury" here for a moment. For me the key jurors response to all of this, including witnesses, is Rand Paul. The man has stood against Trump on many things in the last 3 years. His entire reputation is built upon being a contrarian if and when he sees something as a government or power overreach. Is he perfect, no? But its really hard for me to look back on Paul's entire career and think, if there was a legitimate need for witnesses Paul would be the first guy to ignore it. Or, if there was an abuse of power, Paul would ignore it. The man was thoroughly unconvinced of anything the House was selling. Why? Is it because hes an agent of Trump? Haha, no. Man is not an always trumper. He's also not one to protect the GOP brand at all costs. He was an enormous critic of Bush. He's been a constant critic of the Neocon factions of the GOP. I don't think Paul is always right, but I do beleive he always calls them the way he seems them. If there was something truly untoward about this situation, he would have been calling for witnesses. Or more properly, calling for the house to go back to the drawing board and put together a proper case. Instead, he was adamant, there is no case here. A man who is HYPER-Sensative to the executive branch encroaching on civil liberties and HYPER-Sensative to American entanglements in foreign affairs. Who takes his role of accountability on the executive branch more seriously than almost anyone on the Hill, this man saw nothing to complain about when it came to the evidence of the the Trump call. Why? Was he paid off? Was he traded something more important to him? Did he see this as a great way to stick it the Democrats?

My money is on he knows something is very wrong with the personal entanglements of members of congress and others inside Ukraine and many other countries and that hes not going to drag out a sham impeachment of Trump for being a dope in the ways he goes about finding these things out and uncovering them. Is Trump a hero here? No, hes a flawed leader going about his way in flawed ways, but I do think he's an outsider taking a look around and asking lots of questions and challenging a lot of SOPs and conventional wisdom of pretty much everything. That's destabilizing, to be sure. But rocking the boat isnt illegal or impeachable.

Has Trump taken being called a Russian operative and traitor and racists and rapist and dictator and stupid and on and on for 3 years, personally? Yes, wouldn't you? I know I would.

Like I've said from the outset. It can be true that Trump is going about his business in all the wrong ways AND the Dems are corrupt liars trying to impeach a President for any little thing they can possibly find.
NormanAg
AG
Outstanding post!
Zemira
AG
So are we starting again at 1pm eastern again today?
annie88
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Zemira said:

So are we starting again at 1pm eastern again today?
On right now. Early start today.

ETA: Val "dockamints" Demings is up. Crow was speaking earlier.
hbtheduce
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Bo Darville said:

From the article and poll you linked...

Quote:

But only 21% of Americans say they are following the hearings very closely.

No one gives a **** about this.

And guess what. I think his actions were wrong so I'd fall into the 70%. I just don't give a **** because leftist policy is 100x than anything trump could ever do.

21% Is like 63 million people. I do respect your view that it was wrong but don't care. Most of this board still isn't even there yet, and some think it was a fabricated Soros plot.

I think he was right and you just don't care. Difference of opinion is a terrible standard for impeachment.

Want to use it politically? Say trump was scared of Biden? Go for it. This was always political fodder which the dems/cia spun into a actual heap of garbage impeachment.
Patentmike
AG
Has this been posted:

Ukraine Journalist NY Times OpEd

Quote:

Volodymyr Zelensky scored a spectacular victory in the first round of Ukraine's presidential election on March 31, winning some 30 percent of the votes, compared with about 16 percent for the incumbent, Petro O. Poroshenko. It was an astonishing result not only because the actor's only political experience to date consists of playing the part of a president on TV, but also because he presented no platform, no policy proposal.
Thought that was interesting. We have a literal clown (TV Comedian) elected as President for a recipient of our Military Aid. But DJT had no reason to wonder whether the new Ukraine government would handle US aid properlywithout corruption.
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

John Maplethorpe
AG
Welcome to the impeachment thread. He wasn't worried about how Zelensky would spend the money. Trump saw an opportunity to exploit a political neophyte, Zelensky was prepping to go on CNN to deliver the quo.

Then Trump got caught, Zelensky cancelled the interview, we released the aid anyway. It'll all be in Bolton's book if you don't believe the other 17 witnesses.
BQ78
AG
You presume, like the other 17 witnesses.
Rockdoc
AG
What did trump get caught at?
End Of Message
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Welcome to the impeachment thread. He wasn't worried about how Zelensky would spend the money. Trump saw an opportunity to exploit a political neophyte, Zelensky was prepping to go on CNN to deliver the quo.

Then Trump got caught, Zelensky cancelled the interview, we released the aid anyway. It'll all be in Bolton's book if you don't believe the other 17 witnesses.
The other witness opinions based on wild speculation. Yea, ok.

Why TexAgs allows propaganda to be perpetuated is beyond me.
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
Agvet12
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Agvet12 said:

Isn't the same guy who made a 100$ bet that trump would be removed and still hasn't paid up? Lol

No.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3062870/replies/55907369#55907369

I just read a bunch of excuses and deflections, still haven't seen you pay up. (Vote to removal was paraphrasing given your witness vote stance lol)

Reading is fun, you should check out the transcript again .
EKUAg
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Wrong, but keep pushing Schiff lies.
Maroon and White always! EKU/TAMU
hbtheduce
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Dear diary...
will25u
In case anyone has forgotten. 19 minutes after President Trump was sworn in...

oldcrow91
AG
annie88 said:

wrong thread.

What if it's not.
BQ78
AG
Trump is lying again, it began -70 days from the inauguration.
BuddysBud
AG
will25u said:

In case anyone has forgotten. 19 minutes after President Trump was sworn in...

This kind of discredits any partisan impeachment by Democrats and their MSM Pravda buddies. Any sham investigation and resulting impeachment would have been much more believable if the Dims didn't show their hand on day one. At this point if the president commits any actual bribery, high crime or misdemeanors no one would believe it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
BQ78 said:

Trump is lying again, it began -70 days from the inauguration.
Yep, first they tried to coerce the Electoral College to defect and vote for Hillary, then they went with impeachment.
We fixed the keg
AG
annie88 said:

Good to see Sinead hasn't lost her lovely singing voice.
annie88
AG
Rockdoc said:

What did trump get caught at?
Nothing. Just like always. But RUSSIA!
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
oldcrow91 said:

annie88 said:

wrong thread.

What if it's not.
But it was, nude photos.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
titan
S

McConnell absolutely demolishing the Democrat's case right now (8:50am) in concise, clear terms. Only FOX seems to be showing the session.
Secolobo
AG
Can I go to sleep Looch?
OnlyForNow
AG
Wasn't there something in the Q anon stuff about purple ties?
wyoag93
AG
Will the media release the next bombshell before the SOTU or tomorrow morning, before the final vote?
Secolobo
AG
They've shot their wad...
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Zemira
AG
I think if the had something the time to drop it would have been this morning so they could switch to something besides the Iowa Democratic Circus coverage.
Spotted Ag
AG
It's 12:50 PM on February 4, 2020 and Donald J. Trump is STILL YOUR POTUS!!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Collins will vote to acquit on both impeachment articles...

She basically said (paraphrase): Trump acted improperly and shouldn't have mentions the Bidens, but this doesn't meet the threshold for impeachment, the Gouse did not meet its burden, and the house substituted speed for finality.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
Spotted Ag
AG
It's kind of sad. I guess this thread will be ending tomorrow. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Stupid liberals and democrats.
Post removed:
by user
78_Pacecar
AG
This thread won't end tomorrow. The day after they start round 2
agdad4x
accordingly to the dems, it will be revived very shortly...

to be continued...
aggiehawg
AG
agdad4x said:

accordingly to the dems, it will be revived very shortly...

to be continued...
What will the narrative be this time?
First Page Last Page
Page 257 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.