***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

963,782 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Lamar Alexander's take:

Quote:

I worked with other senators to make sure that we have the right to ask for more documents and witnesses, but there is no need for more evidence to prove something that has already been proven and that does not meet the United States Constitution's high bar for an impeachable offense.....

There is no need for more evidence to conclude that the president withheld United States aid, at least in part, to pressure Ukraine to investigate the Bidens; the House managers have proved this with what they call a 'mountain of overwhelming evidence.'

TLDR: He's obviously guilty. The managers proved the case, more witnesses would just be beating a dead horse. I just don't think it merits removal from office.

https://www.alexander.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2020/1/alexander-statement-on-impeachment-witness-vote

Remember Lamar Alexander and Dubya are very good friends.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
John Maplethorpe
AG
Agvet12 said:

It still won't directly implicate anything lol the substance isn't worth the hype.

Of course it would what in the world are you talking about?

It would also prove Trump is lying. Trumpkins pretending that would be surprising is the best part of this cluster F.
Rockdoc
AG
Trump winning. Gary losing. Times are good.
John Maplethorpe
AG
Agvet12 said:

Isn't the same guy who made a 100$ bet that trump would be removed and still hasn't paid up? Lol

No.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3062870/replies/55907369#55907369

John Maplethorpe
AG
Rockdoc said:

Trump impeached and embarrassed. Con man gets caught, then caught in a big lie. Republicans clumsily help the cover up even knowing the leaks won't stop. Trump spikes football pretending this is good. Times are strange.

Fify
Rockdoc
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Rockdoc said:

Trump impeached and embarrassed. Con man gets caught, then caught in a big lie. Republicans clumsily help the cover up even knowing the leaks won't stop. Trump spikes football pretending this is good. Times are strange.

Fify

And that's what you've been reduced to. Very sad.
Cassius
Lamar is an idiot. The Ukraine government did not know the aid was being withheld. How does it work when you withhold aid but don't tell the nation you're withholding it from that it's being withheld until they do XYZ?
Claverack
John Maplethorpe said:

Quote:

And why is Bolton to be taken at his word? He's trying to sell a book and suckers with TDS will gobble it right up

We don't have to take him at his word. He can be cross examined, he has contemporary notes and documents, corroborating testimony from other witnesses, the complaint reported to NSA lawyers, etc...

It's laughable at this point that anybody would believe Trump. Nobody will back up his version under oath.
You do, however, have to start at a point of credibility to where the witness making the accusation is, at the very least, believable.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/29/in-2010-fox-interview-john-bolton-confessed-he-would-absolutely-lie-about-national-security-matters/

Bolton is already on record saying he would lie to advance what he believes to be the national security interests of the country.

Why do I believe Trump? The presence of people like the Ciarmarellas, Vindmans, Pages, and Yates's in the government who serve the interests of the Democratic Party over that of the nation they took an oath to defend.

Were Trump involved in all the garbage you claim him to be in on, then there would never have been a need to lie about the contents of a TELCON to rush an impeachment decision before a Kangaroo Court of leftist hacks in the House of Representatives.

backintexas2013
AG
He will come back and flag you with all three of his names. Be careful. That could lead you to getting banned. He may even have more socks to flag with.

Of course having three socks is just normal behavior. Nothing to see here
Rockdoc
AG
Yeah he's a flagger all right.
Joe Exotic
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Rockdoc said:

Fify

Tell us again how removal is possible
aggieforester05
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

aggieforester05 said:

John Maplethorpe said:

Lamar Alexander's take:

Quote:

I worked with other senators to make sure that we have the right to ask for more documents and witnesses, but there is no need for more evidence to prove something that has already been proven and that does not meet the United States Constitution's high bar for an impeachable offense.....

There is no need for more evidence to conclude that the president withheld United States aid, at least in part, to pressure Ukraine to investigate the Bidens; the House managers have proved this with what they call a 'mountain of overwhelming evidence.'

TLDR: He's obviously guilty. The managers proved the case, more witnesses would just be beating a dead horse. I just don't think it merits removal from office.

https://www.alexander.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2020/1/alexander-statement-on-impeachment-witness-vote

They failed to prove intent was to influence the election. What is so hard to understand about this?

The managers proved the case even with the unprecedented cover up ongoing. Republicans just wanted it over with. "Not impeach/remove worthy" is the only honest defense.

Is anybody but Trump saying "no QPQ" anymore? They all know he lied.

As usual you have no evidence that proves the intent was to influence the election.
Zemira
AG
Just ignore the troll. If you don't feed him, eventually he won't come back. It's like feeding a stray cat. You feed him because you think you can tame him, but after a while you realize the is feral. The only options are capture or you ignore him till he leaves.

Unfortunately capture (perma ban) is unlikely and he would come back with a new sock, so ignore his outlandish statements.
Claverack
Silent For Too Long said:

John Maplethorpe said:

Lamar Alexander's take:

Quote:

That's all you have left?

One senator in a purple state hedging his bets a bit?

That's what you are going to hang your hat on?

You poor, poor thing.
Purple Senator in a Red State. When he leaves, he will be replaced by someone who isn't as quick to believe everything the Democrats tell him.

Shame of it is Alexander did much good for my native state after replacing the corrupt Ray Blanton back in the 1970s.

Where one finds an accommodationist shell of a man now, there once existed a leader with good ideas and a reform instinct that was unique in the Southeast.

The longer one remains in elected office and grows in power and influence, the more they are willing to look the other way when faced with obvious corruption as we have here with this fraudulent impeachment process.
John Maplethorpe
AG
Tennessee isn't purple as you pointed out. Whether a state is purple has nothing to do with the facts of the case. Has any senator denied the illicit QPQ since the house made its case and Bolton leak? I don't think so.

It's beyond absurd at this point that anybody would deny it, he's lying about it, and it will keep getting confirmed for months.

"Yeah it was wrong but I don't want to remove" is the only honest position left.
Jimmy Valentine
backintexas2013 said:

He will come back and flag you with all three of his names. Be careful. That could lead you to getting banned. He may even have more socks to flag with.

Of course having three socks is just normal behavior. Nothing to see here

How do you know all three are him? Does staff give you personal and private information about posters you disagree with?
Rockdoc
AG
The detective is on the case. LOL
hairloom
John Maplethorpe said:

Tennessee isn't purple as you pointed out. Whether a state is purple has nothing to do with the facts of the case. Has any senator denied the illicit QPQ since the house made its case and Bolton leak? I don't think so.

It's beyond absurd at this point that anybody would deny it, he's lying about it, and it will keep getting confirmed for months.

"Yeah it was wrong but I don't want to remove" is the only honest position left.
thanks for more leftist lecturing trash. When the acquittal occurs there's your proof of no QPQ. Trumo has broken what little you had.
Claverack
John Maplethorpe said:

The "facts" of the case against Trump consist of a hodgepodge of innuendo and quack psychoanalysis tied together by an insistence that a President should always do what the unelected foreign bureaucracy want him to do.

The assumption he is guilty of anything other than being elected President is laughable.

The thought that you could sway anyone with the testimony of a man who has already stated he would lie to advance his foreign policy preferences is preposterous.
houag80
AG
Pay your bet losses you feckless see you next Tuesday.
Jimmy Valentine
houag80 said:

Pay your bet losses you feckless see you next Tuesday.

What was the bet?
houag80
AG
Ask Maplethorpe.
Jimmy Valentine
houag80 said:

Ask Maplethorpe.

I'm asking you because you don't seem to know what the terms were.
backintexas2013
AG
Because it's pretty easy to decipher posting styles especially posters that have significant issues.
Jimmy Valentine
backintexas2013 said:

Because it's pretty easy to decipher posting styles especially posters that have significant issues.

Lol, so you know they are all same person because of their posting styles?
John Maplethorpe
AG
hairloom said:

John Maplethorpe said:

thanks for more leftist lecturing trash. When the acquittal occurs there's your proof of no QPQ.

Several of the jurors voting to acquit said there was an obvious QPQ.

OJ got 12 acquittal votes, that's not an exoneration. Especially since Senate Republicans participated in the cover-up. Trump has to keep lying because he knows no other way.
John Maplethorpe
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

backintexas2013 said:

Lol, so you know they are all same person because of their posting styles?

They have a lot of guesses about socks that are wrong just ignore it. Texags can only fathom that 1 or 2 posters here are among the 70% of the country that know Trump did something wrong.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/70-americans-trumps-actions-tied-ukraine-wrong-poll/story?id=67088534
backintexas2013
AG
Ok Gary. You keep thinking you have something. You have nothing and Trump isn't going anywhere
Joe Exotic
AG
hairloom said:

John Maplethorpe said:

thanks for more leftist lecturing trash. When the acquittal occurs there's your proof of no QPQ. Trumo has broken what little you had.

No he's totally libertarian. Just check out his policy opinions on other threads.

Oh wait....
Joe Exotic
AG
From the article and poll you linked...

Quote:

But only 21% of Americans say they are following the hearings very closely.

No one gives a **** about this.

And guess what. I think his actions were wrong so I'd fall into the 70%. I just don't give a **** because leftist policy is 100x than anything trump could ever do.
John Maplethorpe
AG
Bo Darville said:

From the article and poll you linked...

Quote:

But only 21% of Americans say they are following the hearings very closely.

No one gives a **** about this.

And guess what. I think his actions were wrong so I'd fall into the 70%. I just don't give a **** because leftist policy is 100x than anything trump could ever do.

21% Is like 63 million people. I do respect your view that it was wrong but don't care. Most of this board still isn't even there yet, and some think it was a fabricated Soros plot.
hairloom
John Maplethorpe said:

hairloom said:

John Maplethorpe said:

thanks for more leftist lecturing trash. When the acquittal occurs there's your proof of no QPQ.

OJ got 12 acquittal votes, that's not an exoneration. Especially since Senate Republicans participated in the cover-up. Trump has to keep lying because he knows no other way.
a big ol bag of WGAS what those jurors said, and more importantly what you say, welcher
Jimmy Valentine
hairloom said:

John Maplethorpe said:

hairloom said:

John Maplethorpe said:

a big ol bag of WGAS what those jurors said, and more importantly what you say, welcher

How could he be a welcher if the bet was contingent on witnesses and the Senate voted against witnesses?

Are y'all trolling or are y'all dumb?
annie88
AG
annie88
AG
wrong thread.
First Page Last Page
Page 256 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.