***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

963,886 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Warren has already announced she will form a commission to investigate him and his children.
Warren is at the throw-s***-against-the-wall stage of her campaign and sinking fast.
VegasAg86
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Warren has already announced she will form a commission to investigate him and his children.
Warren is at the throw-s***-against-the-wall stage of her campaign and sinking fast.
No doubt, and "Orange Man Bad" plays to her base very well.
FireAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

FireAg said:

If the vote on witnesses was tied 50-50, does the VP still cast the deciding vote, or does that fall to CJ Roberts?

Word today is that momentum is building to deny witnesses and acquit tomorrow...
Roberts can cast a vote breaking a tie. Or he can abstain from voting. Under the rules of the Senate a final vote of 50-50 means no majority and the measure fails.
So essentially, 4 Rs have to flip...

All indications right now are that such a move is becoming a pipe dream...
aginlakeway
AG
FireAg said:

aggiehawg said:

FireAg said:

If the vote on witnesses was tied 50-50, does the VP still cast the deciding vote, or does that fall to CJ Roberts?

Word today is that momentum is building to deny witnesses and acquit tomorrow...
Roberts can cast a vote breaking a tie. Or he can abstain from voting. Under the rules of the Senate a final vote of 50-50 means no majority and the measure fails.

And WITHOUT any Dems flipping ...
will25u
And guess what? Trump is back up to 50% on Rasmussen. This impeachment sham has done nothing to his approval rating. If anything it is going up.
will25u
will25u
captkirk
AG
CowboyGirl
AG
hbtheduce said:

The more Jimmy talks, it becomes more and more apparent that Trump maybe took the BEST OPTION for investigating Biden.

President, if he believes a crime has occurred, has a duty to investigate.
Instructing the DOJ to open the case on its face looks politically motivated
A DOJ led investigation has a high probability of hurting the credibility of the DOJ
You can't do nothing, so you ask the person with Jurisdiction to investigate, announce it, which solves ALL THREE problems above.

Did Jimmy just prove Trump made a measured, logical, and appropriate response?
On top of that, the most relevant evidence - emails, text messages, phone records, bank records, calendars, etc - are likely to be in Burisma's possession or the government's possession in Ukraine. We can't subpoena those records without the cooperation of Ukraine.
aginlakeway
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

So you think more than 50 senators will vote to impeach Trump?

If there are witnesses yes. I'm up for an even odds bet on that.

Deal. $100?

I'll do $100 on honor. No timeframe, just the final vote. 50 votes is a push, 51+ I win. We might have to define what counts as a "witness".
Got your $100 ready to send me?
ProgN
aginlakeway said:

John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

Deal. $100?

I'll do $100 on honor. No timeframe, just the final vote. 50 votes is a push, 51+ I win. We might have to define what counts as a "witness".
Got your $100 ready to send me?
aginlakeway
AG
He said on his honor ...
ProgN
aginlakeway said:

He said on his honor ...
backintexas2013
AG
Your honor as this username or your other two?
aginlakeway
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

Deal. $100?

Can I expect my $100 over the weekend?

Reminder that the bet was on votes to impeach. Not to call witnesses ...
will25u
Spotted Ag
AG
It's 2:18 PM on January 31, 2020 and Donald J. Trump is STILL your POTUS!!
aginlakeway
AG
Spotted Ag said:

It's 2:18 PM on January 31, 2020 and Donald J. Trump is STILL your POTUS!!
Can I start my own posts with a clock ...

It's 2:22 PM on January 31, 2020 and I have still not received my $100 from TexAgs poster John Maplethorpe.
houag80
AG
Good luck with that.
Tailgate88
AG
aginlakeway said:

He said on his honor ...
Reminds me of the old bachelor party toast...

She offered her honor,
He honored her offer,
and all night long...
he was on her and off her!
Jimmy Valentine
aginlakeway said:

John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

Deal. $100?

Can I expect my $100 over the weekend?

Reminder that the bet was on votes to impeach. Not to call witnesses ...
It looks like you made a bet contingent on witnesses.
Post removed:
by user
EKUAg
AG
FireAg said:

aggiehawg said:

FireAg said:

Roberts comment back to Schmucky about the CJ breaking a tie on voting for witnesses.
Maroon and White always! EKU/TAMU
Joe Exotic
AG
But that's impossible. I was told that Roberts is a liberal and they have dirt on him.
BrokeAssAggie
Cy_Tolliver
will25u said:

And guess what? Trump is back up to 50% on Rasmussen. This impeachment sham has done nothing to his approval rating. If anything it is going up.
Trump's approval rating, in the middle of impeachment, is higher than Obama's at the same point.

Let that sink in concerned moderates.
captkirk
AG
Sorry your impeachment lost
will25u
houag80
AG
If true, that is highly disturbing. McConnell has just gifted the the losers on the left with an opportunity to embarrass Trump with some type of protest event. **** everyone of these pols!
ProgN
Yeah, but Trump is a different animal. He actually lives for moments like this.
OPAG
AG
Quote:

Glossing over the part where I said "you are unable to prove you are innocent". And missing the point of the example entirely - nobody was killed in this scenario. But you are tried for attempted murder.

In this scenario you have no alibi, you have no receipts, you have no witnesses, etc. But you have several people who THINK you wanted to kill someone based on THEIR interpretation of either things you said or things they heard second hand. And there is no victim because nobody was killed.

But in this Libtopian future scenario you don't have to be proven to have done anything criminal. Simply someone thinking you intended it is enough.

Off to prison you go for attempted murder.
I already ran a similar example by him earlier, except that he was accused of WANTING to rape children but never did it but that he should be fired because he said to someone he wanted too, and yet this does not come from someone who actually heard him say it but someone who was told by someone close to him who would know that he said he wanted to rape children.

I asked him to prove that he didn't say that, and I then asked him if he should lose his upper level position in the company because of this? Though he never even came close to executing what he was reported to 'want to do'. He did not answer it, he just simple got offended, when E Wyatt made a reference that it was 'true'.

Now this Trump situation is not near as egregious as that.

1. We have prove corruption in Ukraine and Burisma is the top dog in that. Everyone testified of this. We then have the VP (point man of Ukrained getting big bucks for nothing,) from the most corrupt company in Ukraine a company so corrupt that the US consulate would not back and prize give away by this company.

A company that was repeatedly warned about and yet no action taken. None, if these were Trump's kids JV but we screaming for prison. And I would be too.

2. We have Joe BIden clearly executing a quid pro quo on tape. As I said when we start pull back the sheets on that the money laundered into POLs hands through the Ukraine we will hear a cry to bring back tar and feathering. Trump is getting close to core of the viper pit.

I was hoping JV has some real objectivity to him, it is apparent that he does not. He hides behind virtue, and he really wants Trump to be guilty, that is just another TDS, victim.

Marvin
AG
I would not be surprised if War Turtle used the timing as a small message to Trump to tighten his ship a bit and stop putting the GOP in such a defensive position.
ProgN
annie88
AG
EKUAg
AG
Hey Hawai'i. I know you are going to send a Democrat senator to DC. Can they at least be somewhat sane?
Maroon and White always! EKU/TAMU
First Page Last Page
Page 254 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.