***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

965,270 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
BQ78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And don't forget Eric Ciaramella
Squadron7
AG
TurkeyBaconLeg said:

***BREAKING*** Team Trump respond with a 171 page response.

OBSTRUCTION!!!!!!!11!!!1!

/Dems
FriscoKid
AG
Four legal problems for the House impeachment team.

1. The Substance Problem The Articles don't identify any impeachable offense or even any crime

2. The Process Problem The Impeachment inquiry was irredeemably flawed (no due process)

3. The Evidence Problem House Democrats have no evidence to support their claims

4. The Structure Problem The Articles are structurally deficient and can only result in acquittal.

...I'll add #5. The Schiff problem. Schiff and Nadler are way outgunned by legal geniuses that will be arguing the defense.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trump-impeachment-trial-four-legal-problems-house-democrats-jenna-ellis
titan
S
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

It's a bit ironic because the accusations are 100% fabricated lies.
And then the "Schiffing" interpretations of those accusations as quid pro quo, then bribery, then extortion, then obstruction, and now back to bribery according to House Manager Crow on the Sunday shows yesterday.

Why I brought up the McDonnell decision again. For purposes of the federal bribery statutes, a White House meeting is not an official act. And the statutes cannot be applied thereto.

And interesting sidenote to McDonnell decision was the number of Dem politicians who had their convictions overturned in whole or in part because of it. Those included the guy in Louisiana with the cash in the freezer, William Jefferson.
aggiehawg,

You have faith that the Trump team knows what you do here, don't you? This sounds like a pretty strong point to just shut this down with.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Looking over the brief when I have some free time. Very well written and appears to raise in careful detail all of the facts that the media and leftists insist that we just have to ignore.

Put more bluntly, it's a lengthy shot across the bow that gives a clear indication of the amount of mud Trump is going to drag the house democrats and the Biden family through.
FriscoKid
AG
Quote:

clear indication of the amount of mud Trump is going to drag the house democrats and the Biden family through.
Hope you are right because this needs to happen. None of this sham was OK. Including the WB staging this with the help of Schiff and his staff. This should have been DOA. I kind of want a pound of flesh at this point. A simple not guilty vote isn't really enough for me anymore.
aggiehawg
AG
Yes. I've heard Dersh talk about the McDonnell decision before and Turley even referenced it in his testimony before the House Judiciary Committee.

That case involved the Republican Governor of Virginia, right outside DC. Plus it was the very rare unanimous decision by SCOTUS. Roberts even wrote the opinion, if memory serves.

No worries it will be overlooked by the defense.
FTAG 2000
AG
FriscoKid said:

Four legal problems for the House impeachment team.

1. The Substance Problem The Articles don't identify any impeachable offense or even any crime

2. The Process Problem The Impeachment inquiry was irredeemably flawed (no due process)

3. The Evidence Problem House Democrats have no evidence to support their claims

4. The Structure Problem The Articles are structurally deficient and can only result in acquittal.

...I'll add #5. The Schiff problem. Schiff and Nadler are way outgunned by legal geniuses that will be arguing the defense.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trump-impeachment-trial-four-legal-problems-house-democrats-jenna-ellis
The Hitler youth up at Lawfare will be prepping Schiff and Nadler best they can. But at the end of the day, those two will still have to do the actual talking.
aggiehawg
AG
blindey said:

Looking over the brief when I have some free time. Very well written and appears to raise in careful detail all of the facts that the media and leftists insist that we just have to ignore.

Put more bluntly, it's a lengthy shot across the bow that gives a clear indication of the amount of mud Trump is going to drag the house democrats and the Biden family through.
I skimmed it today. Andy McCarthy was on FNC this morning before this was released, he said he felt the Trump defense team had possibly messed up with the 7 page answer filed this weekend because it went to facts as opposed to the argument that the articles fail as a matter of Constitutional law since they do not detail any impeachable offense as defined in the Constitution.

I think his concern has been more than addressed by this new memorandum. A two prong approach is indeed being deployed, as it should be.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
FriscoKid said:

Quote:

clear indication of the amount of mud Trump is going to drag the house democrats and the Biden family through.
Hope you are right because this needs to happen. None of this sham was OK. Including the WB staging this with the help of Schiff and his staff. This should have been DOA. I kind of want a pound ton of flesh at this point. A simple not guilty vote isn't really enough for me anymore.
FIFY
Tater Salad
Are there any Senate Dems other than Doug Jones from Alabama who are likely to vote to acquit Trump?
aggiehawg
AG
Tater Salad said:

Are there any Senate Dems other than Doug Jones from Alabama who are likely to vote to acquit Trump?
Manchin. Maybe Sherrod Brown.
captkirk
AG
When are Sanders, Waren and Klobucher going to recuse themselves?
Rapier108
Tater Salad said:

Jones is toast in November, so would not be a surprise if he self immolates and votes for removal.

The only other possibilities are Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema. If Jon Tester was up for reelection this year, he probably would to save his butt.
policywonk98
AG
captkirk said:

Certainly should be on the table. If they refuse than GOP should move to strike anything within articles related to Trump not being able to ask or mention a political rival in conversations with foreign governments, which blows up the articles justification for existence anyway.
Rockdoc
AG
About the only thing you can count on with democrats is they stick together.
Eagle2020
AG
This is going to end bad for the Dems. It either gets dismissed quickly due to shoddy work by the House or gets dragged out with witnesses, some of whom will demolish and embarrass the Dems. Either way Trump will just get to claim another victory and get more ammunition to ridicule the Dems and MSM with. This was poorly thought out by them.
Zemira
AG
Have they thought anything out since Trump got the nomination in 2016? They have been full on anti-Trump for four years now. The TDS is starting to mentally incapacitate a large percentage of these people and they will never recover. The ones that have recovered and been red pilled are not enough.
BMX Bandit
captkirk said:

This is Chance Chase McMasters level talking points.

Well done
aggiehawg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

captkirk said:

This is Chance Chase McMasters level talking points.

Well done
LOL.

Comical and sad at the same time. The adults have appeared to have left the House leaving the petulant children without a baby sitter and the children have been sent to the Senate. Wait, I have seen this movie before.

ProgN
"The dishes are done....Mannnnn"
Chance Chase McMasters
MetoliusAg said:

This is the same Firtash that hired lawyers from the president's circle at $100K/month. The same Firtash that paid Parnas $1 million. The same Firtash that wanted the ambassador fired and assisted in manufacturing dirt so long as Giuliani could shield him from extradition through his pull in the US Government. They were unwittingly advancing the propaganda aims of the Russian government and feeding US officials Russian disinformation about Ukraine.

will25u
titan
S
Told you.

Not the 1970's. More like the 1990's. With the 95% bias in coverage favoring the Dems in the 21st C having led to an even greater divide than at the end of the 90's.

Quote:

"The president's own party is about as opposed to impeachment for Trump as the Democratic Party was for Clinton; but the opposition party and political independents are more strongly aligned against Trump than they were against Clinton," Gallup reported.
  • Seven percent of Republicans today, versus 8% of Democrats in 1999, wanted the Senate to remove a president of their own party.
  • 65 percent of Republicans wanted Clinton removed, but 84 percent of Democrats want to see Trump ousted today.
  • Thirty-two percent of independents wanted Clinton removed from office, compared with 49 percent wanting the same for Trump.
Gallup notes that both Clinton and Trump's impeachment trials took place during a strong economy, but "Trump is operating in a much more partisan environment than Clinton was" and the polarization in the country is holding Trump's job approval ratings down.

A key part of that "more partisan" is the Mainstream Media.

And given the usual drift left in polls, probably 55-60 % is the overall percent that objects to impeachment. Probably more after the Virginia governor's behavior and the Democrat response to Iran events.

Rapier108
will25u said:

And right after Gallup came out with their poll, CNN had to come out with one showing the majority want Trump gone. (Of course Gary and his ilk will be here with it once they get an e-mail blast.)

Currently the #1 trend on Twitter "51% of Americans Agree" and they think that the CNN poll is proof that Trump will be removed from office by the Senate.

If the best CNN can get is 51%, then we all know real support is probably around 40% at most.
will25u
titan
S
will25u said:

What a perfect collection it looks like. Great seeing Jordan, Meadows, and Ratcliffe there.
BuddysBud
AG
It's a nice touch that the Met sock makes a post that no one cares about and then the Chance sock explains its supposed relevance.

It looks like we will continue to see how awful Trump is even after this impeachment fiasco is over. I cannot wait to see what the Dims pull up for the next impeachment the day after the Senate acquittal.
ProgN

Sure thing buddy.

I'm on mobile or I'd have posted the shrugging Barr gif.
titan
S

No more recusals. Sessions stupidly did so. The DNC-MSM fusion deserves no more bones thrown to it. Do not give way on a single point of order.
FriscoKid
AG
Is the defense allowed to object in the middle of the dem presentation or is it more of "you go, I go" kind of thing.

For example if Schiff starts trying to enter "evidence" that is BS or just rumor can the Trump team object in the middle of the presentation?
aggiehawg
AG
will25u said:

The Republican House A-Team, no doubt.

Now, if Jordan. Ratcliffe, Stephanikl et.al. have crossX abilities, Dems will have to think twice about any live witnesses. Would be a disaster for them.
FriscoKid
AG
Still hitching your wagon to Parnas? Bold move there cowboy.
bmks270
AG
The efforts of some posters here indicate that forum 16 must have made it onto a hit list of influential websites.

bmks270
AG
Is it a coincidence that all of the Trump smear efforts originate in Ukraine?

First Page Last Page
Page 235 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.