***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

965,997 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ellis Wyatt
Jimmy Valentine said:

He has receipts...

Shame is a good thing sometimes. You should consider it.
captkirk
AG
policywonk98
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Wildcat said:

A legal opinion from a swamp attorney is supposed to be a "bombshell"?

The point of the GAO is to be the swamp watchdog. Trump is the swamp.

If they released an adverse legal opinion about Hillary this board would cream itself.

Seriously? Do you guys know anything about what goes on inside the beltway?

A lifelong beauracrat nominated by Barak Obama to a 15 year term is not unbiased. The GAO does some good work. Dont get me wrong. But they are not the watchdog like you seem to think or want others to think.

Our government is now so big and powerful that their is really nobody that is in the "life-long" category that should not be under suspicion.

The real watchdogs are us. The citizens. And our informers are supposed to be a constitutionally protected group called the press. But they have been compromised. They are not unbiased. They have not been for quite some time.

This is not to say Trump shouldn't also be under suspicion or held accountable. But the evidence that the deck has been stacked against this guy is so overwhelming that its really crazy that people like you are so resistant to even acknowledging this while at the same time looking down your nose at people that are more open to looking at this from every angle.

Rapier108
Waiting for the next e-mail blast.
backintexas2013
AG
Guess it still hasn't come out. So the question will he come back as chase or Gary
Ulysses90
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Guess it still hasn't come out. So the question will he come back as chase or Gary

DNC/Fusion usually pushes talking points before midnight so that they are available for Joe and Mika for show-prep by 3AM eastern time. He should be along directly with a flurry of posts around midnight.
Rockdoc
AG
Unless he is on a "vacation"
BuddysBud
AG
Ulysses90 said:

backintexas2013 said:

DNC/Fusion usually pushes talking points before midnight so that they are available for Joe and Mika for show-prep by 3AM eastern time. He should be along directly with a flurry of posts around midnight.

That explains why he is always more active in the middle of the night.
EKUAg
AG
That Gary called Trump The Swamp is the most ridiculous thing he has said. Seriously. I've spent 37 years in the DOD. He is anything but swamp. That is why the swamp wants him gone.
Rockdoc
AG
He's back as Chance on the parnas thread
Rapier108
Ulysses90 said:

backintexas2013 said:

Media Matters and ShareBlue

And you're right, they send it out between usually between 9:00 and 11:00 PM central because that is when one of the accounts shows up to post the latest talking points.
Chance Chase McMasters
Lev has receipts.

And a joint legal defense agreement with Trump that Trump's attorney entered in to public record when they were blocking impeachment subpoenas left and right.

I always do that with people I don't know.

Sleep tight, more coming tomorrow.
houag80
AG
Lolololol. Lolololol....something, something, troll.
FriscoKid
AG
Parnas is in Trump's innermost circle working to take out Biden and secure a Trump victory with the help of a foreign government. They are following ambassadors around like Perry Mason. He is defying congress at every turn and covering up evidence as fast as he can to avoid being caught and removed from office.

Rachael Maddow said so!
FriscoKid
AG
...oh, and he has receipts to prove it!
Prosperdick
AG
FriscoKid said:

...oh, and he has receipts to prove it!

ETA - I'm hoping more "bombshells" come out ala Kavanaugh as I have a working theory that every bombshell adds one point to Trump's approval rating.

Please idiot dems and your even dumber concerned moderates....BRING IT ON!!!!
backintexas2013
AG
So is this split personality thing happen in real life?
Joe Exotic
AG
Chance Chase McMasters said:

Lev has receipts.

And a joint legal defense agreement with Trump that Trump's attorney entered in to public record when they were blocking impeachment subpoenas left and right.

After tomorrow Trump's chances for removal will increase to 0.0% from 0.0%.
captkirk
AG
aggieforester05
AG
captkirk said:

I hope they tear those morons from the house a new ahole!
Rapier108
captkirk said:

Talk about legal firepower, especially Dershowitz.
We fixed the keg
AG
Schiff/Nadler vs Cipollone/Sekulow

Throw in Dershowitz?. The dems are going to have a bad month.

On a side note, you gotta love one side made sure the team checked all the identity politics boxes and the other decided to bring in experts (bipartisan at that)
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
rgag12 said:

I wale up everyday smiling knowing that people like Gary Johnson have to suffer another day of the Trump presidency.

Bonus.... 2020 is a leap year meaning an EXTRA DAY of their suffering.

Feb 29 should be celebrated as TDS Day.

FriscoKid
AG
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/lev-parnas-handed-over-tapes-of-trump-and-giuliani-to-the-house-intelligence-committee-917769/

Why in the world would a thread on tapes being turned over to the House be deleted???

I think it's probably a nothing burger, but it is probably news worthy?

EDIT: This story is from last November? What ever came of it?
will25u
FriscoKid said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/lev-parnas-handed-over-tapes-of-trump-and-giuliani-to-the-house-intelligence-committee-917769/

Why in the world would a thread on tapes being turned over to the House be deleted???

I think it's probably a nothing burger, but it is probably news worthy?

EDIT: This story is from last November? What ever came of it?
Obviously it was a nothing burger.
aggiehawg
AG
Maybe this deserves its own thread but I'll post it here. The latest from Andy McCarthy and his arguments here are pretty persuasive to me, at least. As he lays it out, the way the Dems have pursued impeachment is precisely what the Founders feared.

Some snippets:

Quote:

"Faithful execution of the law does not permit the president to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law." That is the reasoning of the Government Accounting Office, which has just concluded that President Trump's budget office violated federal law in freezing U.S. aid to Ukraine.

It certainly would have been nice to hear this from the GAO when President Obama was imposing his own immigration policy priorities by executive edict and as a substitute for contrary priorities Congress had enacted into law.

<snip>

So what is the upshot? Are Democrats preparing the ground for another article of impeachment? Obviously, the law that President Trump is said to have violated is not a criminal statute. And it is simply not true that the president never has the authority to countermand a congressional statute prescribing foreign aid; Article II of the Constitution gives the president nigh plenary power over the conduct of foreign relations; and other congressional statutes (such as the International Emergency Economic Powers Act) confer sweeping power on the president to regulate foreign commerce if the nation is under threat or in a state of emergency.

No one could credibly argue that Ukraine presented an emergency situation, and I am inclined to believe that Congress's statutory grant of defense aid to Ukraine had the force of law and should have been honored. But is an inconsequential flouting of a non-criminal law under circumstances where the aid was conferred with just a brief delay, with no harm done, a high crime and misdemeanor warranting impeachment?
Quote:

A trial cannot be fairly conducted if a defendant is still under active investigation for the same alleged corrupt transactions, particularly when prosecutors are publicizing new evidence and new findings. That patently prejudices the trial court's consideration of the formal charges that have been transmitted to the court.

In just the last 48 hours, congressional Democrats have raised the specter that the president and his underlings (said to be acting with his knowledge and approval) conducted surveillance of a U.S. ambassador they believed to be an obstacle to their campaign to pressure Ukraine into investigating the Bidens; and did not merely undermine U.S. policy but actually violated U.S. law by delaying congressional aid.

Simultaneously, House Democrats are coordinating with Senate Democrats to orchestrate calls to expand the Senate's imminent impeachment trial to explore any new allegations and witnesses that arise out of continuing investigations of the president, even though these allegations are not covered by the two articles of impeachment voted last month.
Why is this important?

Quote:

The transparent objective is to convert the Senate impeachment trial into a continuing grand jury investigation of Trump. This is an abuse of the impeachment power which would corrupt the solemn purpose of a Senate impeachment trial namely, to give fair consideration and render judgment on the actual articles of impeachment, which the House finally delivered on Wednesday with much pomp and circumstance.
That is not how this is supposed to work. For example:

Quote:

It is very common for indictments to be filed in a trial court while investigations are still active. Many times in federal investigations, dangerous criminals have to be arrested before the charges against them are fully ripe otherwise, they will flee or commit more crimes.

Speedy trial rules require that an indictment be filed within a short time after a defendant has been arrested, especially if bail is denied. But everyone knows the initial indictment filed is just a placeholder.

The indictment will eventually be superseded by a final indictment that sets forth all of the allegations.

This is not controversial. Ethical prosecutors know they are not permitted to use the grand jury and their investigative powers to prejudice the trial. The trial court will give prosecutors a reasonable amount of time to complete the investigation and file the final set of charges. Only then does the trial take place. That respects the defendant's constitutional right to notice of the allegations before the trial commences so that a defense can be prepared. It also respects the right of the defendant, the public, and the court to a trial proceeding that is not tainted by prosecutorial generation of negative publicity about the defendant particularly, uncharged evidence of alleged misconduct.

Clearly, Democrats are trying to turn the Senate trial into something other than a trial. Ostensibly, it would be a continuing grand jury, convened to complete the work the House failed to complete at the impeachment inquiry stage.
Quote:

After over 230 years, we have entered the era of partisan impeachment that the Framers feared. This is what it looks like.
Read the rest
coolerguy12
AG
Chance Chase McMasters said:

Lev has receipts.

How long am I expected to sleep for? Is this one of those tricks you just keep saying it's coming tomorrow and tomorrow is only a day away?
will25u
Maroon Dawn
AG
The only way to stop this will hopefully be a massive backlash at the ballot box

Americans can see what a farce this is and need to punish it severely
Chance Chase McMasters

October 2: Trump arranged a legal umbrella to keep Fruman and Parnas from complying with subpoenas. Then 8 days later said "I don't know him". Yesterday, Trump repeats "I don't know who this man is".

Trump's attorney Jay Sekulow:

John Dowd's subpoena response to congress:
Quote:

Be advised that Messrs. Parnas and Fruman assisted Mr. Giuliani in connection with his representation of President Trump. Mr. Parnas and Mr. Fruman have also been represented by Mr. Giuliani in connection with their personal and business affairs. They also assisted Joseph DiGenova and Victoria Toensing in their law practice. Thus, certain information you seek in your September 30, 2019, letter is protected by the attorney-client, attorney work product and other privileges.
link

Trump is responsible for the actions of Giuliani, Fruman, and Parnas in Ukraine. They were there representing his personal interests, with his knowledge, at his direction.

Giuliani requests a meeting with President Zelensky. He notes he represents Trump's personal interests:

backintexas2013
AG
I think you are better under Gary. Less name calling too.
hbtheduce
AG
Below is an over/ under on the number of words exchanged between Parnas and Donald Trump.

40 words.

What you taking Chance?
Post removed:
by user
aginlakeway
AG
Unsure how that proves anything that will lead to Trump being removed.

What am I missing?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.