***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

966,664 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
Rockdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you think all your postings has any affect on what's going on in DC? I'll ask you yet again. WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO CONVINCE?
End Of Message
AG
He is paid to sway the users that don't post.
houag80
AG
Poster reminds me of Keef.....a lot of similarities.
annie88
AG
Chance Chase McMasters said:

houag80 said:

Posters like yourself ruin message boards because you spend the majority of your time posting unsubstantiated or outrageous bull ***** commentary...and trying to goad others

This was uploaded by the house intelligence committee and will be presented at trial in the Senate. This is a huge breaking news story central to the impeachment topic. I get that some prefer to stick their head in sand, this thread might not be for everybody.

There's nothing new at all about any of this information they're claiming to drop at the last minute. It's all been out there before and it's nothing. Once again the lies and bull**** of the Democrats will catch up to them.
Chance Chase McMasters
houag80 said:

There you go.....a non answer and then demeaning said poster as a rtard. Flagged.

I answered. No it's not unprecedented. Partisan impeachment voting is the precedent.

Johnson by party
122-2 R
4-45 D

Clinton by party
Article 1
223-5 R
5-200 D

It was a dumb question, just own it and move on.
End Of Message
AG

houag80 said:

There you go.....a non answer and then demeaning said poster as a rtard. Flagged.

I answered. No it's not unprecedented. Partisan impeachment voting is the precedent.

Johnson by party
122-2 R
4-45 D

Clinton by party
Article 1
223-5 R
5-200 D

You're a ****ing liar. Your quoted votes show bipartisan support.

For trump, not a single Republican voted in favor, and a handful of Dems votes against.
End Of Message
AG
And he disappears when challenged.

I'm sure he's putting his kids to bed or otherwise attending to work.

What a *****.
Rapier108
Pinche Abogado said:

And he disappears when challenged.

I'm sure he's putting his kids to bed or otherwise attending to work.
Collecting more tweets from random leftists or waiting for the next ShareBlue e-mail blast.
End Of Message
AG
For other posters observing this thread, this is the first time in American history that one party (minus a few democratic defectors) have impeached a President.

Never in American history has there been purely partisan support of impeachment to this magnitude. Democrats are waging war on our republic.

This is the tyranny that the Founders feared.
aggieforester05
AG
I understand the founders wanted (for oversight purposes) a fairly low barrier of entry to impeachment and a high barrier for removal of office; however, it sure seems like making the requirement for impeachment a simple majority increases the chances of partisan abuse. Especially when the term "impeachment" carries a permanent stigma. I typically agree with just about everything they did by design, but with this issue, I think the standard should probably be a little bit higher. What are ya'll's thoughts?
Prosperdick
AG
It's like a murder trial where the prosecutor opens up saying "the defense will try to dazzle you and distract you but at the end of the day this person is dead and nothing can change that."

In this case you have no announcement of an investigation and the aid released. They can dazzle and distract but at the end of the day nothing changes those facts.

On top of that the average American doesn't care about Ukraine and even less about a failed quid pro quo. They care about the economy, wages, unemployment, and a hundred things much more important than this sham of an impeachment.

The Dems and their water carrying press don't understand that simple fact...but they will this November.
ProgN
I read your post as Kevin Bacon from "A Few Good Men"
BuddysBud
AG

Rockdoc said:

This is starting to eat you up.

Living rent free in your head. Nobody but me had has discussed the actual topic for 3 pages.

Maybe because there has been nothing new to post, other than your propaganda.

Actually, there hasn't been anything new since Trump released the transcript of the call, which shows that nothing happened other than the TDS of the Democrats.
Rockdoc
AG
This document dump is just the latest deflection by the desperate house dems. They should have done their investigation when they had their shot. They didn't because there's nothing there. Everybody knows it. Even you Gary.
Chance Chase McMasters
Pinche Abogado said:

houag80 said:

Johnson by party
122-2 R
4-45 D

Clinton by party
Article 1
223-5 R
5-200 D

You're a ****ing liar. Your quoted votes show bipartisan support.

For trump, not a single Republican voted in favor, and a handful of Dems votes against.

122-2 and 223-5 is bipartisan to you?

Here are the party line voting percentages:
Johnson 96.7%
Clinton 97.7%
Trump 98.8%

97% party line vote is "bipartisan" in your mind but 98% is "unprecedented"? Just take the L and move on.

Here's your moral victory trophy because 2 republicans went against their party in 1868 meeting your definition of "bipartisan"

aggieforester05
AG
Interesting math you got going there. Care to show your work?
Chance Chase McMasters
Number of votes breaking from party/total votes.

There's only been 3 of these things in 200+ years but they were all partisan.
Chance Chase McMasters
Fox News is in on the conspiracy now too.

Quote:

also included in the documents were a series of materials that raised further questions about the Trump administration's actions in Ukraine. Text messages, for example, seemingly showed Parnas' associates tracking the movements of Marie Yovanovitch, the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine who was recalled in May 2019.

She's talked to three people. Her phone is off. Computer is off," Hyde wrote on March 25, 2019. It was unclear how he would know that her computer was not on.

"She's next to the embassy. ... Not in the embassy. Private security. Been there since Thursday."

Federal prosecutors in New York are separately investigating Giuliani's business dealings, according to multiple reports, including whether or not the former New York City mayor failed to register as a foreign agent.

A federal judge ruled earlier this month that Parnas' cellphone data could be provided to House investigators.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-drop-impeachment-files-ahead-of-vote
aggieforester05
AG

That's a really misleading way to calculate it. Having member of both parties vote for impeachment gives much more legitimacy than having members of the opposition party dissent and no members of the president's party vote in favor. This impeachment was unprecedented in that regard. Nothing more than political hit job and abuse of power to influence an election. So much so, that members of their own party were disgusted by their actions.
flown-the-coop
AG
Best solution to continuing this discussion is to link to a web forum that actually moderates continual trolling by sock after sock after sock. Post your suggestions.

I have found forum 16 to be an overall thoughtful board, and think it's great users are willing to come into what will on average a right of hostility.

But this continued unmitigated trolling by Chase, Met, Gary and others is crap. Just drive traffic and revenue away from this site for a while and maybe they understand. Right now, trolls are winning and compensating the masters of this forum and overall board.
Chance Chase McMasters
aggieforester05 said:

That's a really misleading way to calculate it. Having member of both parties vote for impeachment gives much more legitimacy than having members of the opposition party dissent and no members of the president's party vote in favor. This impeachment was unprecedented in that regard. Nothing more than political hit job and abuse of power to influence an election. So much so, that members of their own party were disgusted by their actions.

Your objection is nonsensical. 97% party lines is similarly partisan to a 98% party line vote. If 2 or 3 defect, as they did 150 years ago, so what? It's still hyper partisan.

Republicans voting 100% party line is evidence of Republican partisanship, not democrats. Now that has never happened before. But the overall vote is similar to past votes, within 1-2%.
aggieforester05
AG
While both are partisan there is a much bigger divide between the two scenarios than your numbers might suggest.

Furthermore the Republicans voting 100% against with Democrats joining in just shows the Democrats that voted for impeachment are the ones acting partisan. If he was guilty of some unspecified crime, then no Democrats would have voted for and some of the never Trump and Dem lite GOP members would have as well. The majority of Democrats are not mentally well, what do you not understand about that?
Chance Chase McMasters
Nobody would really care if 3 republicans out of 197 flipped. 1.5% voting against the party doesn't legitimize or delegitimize anything.

The Republican voting line is unusual, never happened before, but democrats had a normal number of defections. It was the Republicans that were unusually partisan this go round, that's what you're unintentionally objecting to. And I agree, many of them will regret stumping for a criminal.
policywonk98
AG

Nobody would really care if 3 republicans out of 197 flipped. 1.5% voting against the party doesn't legitimize or delegitimize anything.

The Republican voting line is unusual, never happened before, but democrats had a normal number of defections. It was the Republicans that were unusually partisan this go round, that's what you're unintentionally objecting to. And I agree, many of them will regret stumping for a criminal.

You keep saying criminal. Remind me what the crime is again?
Chance Chase McMasters
Constitutional abuse of office and obstruction of Congress for starters. Likely violation of the Impoundment Act, which is a civil/administrative law, not criminal. But committed in pursuit of another crime.

Defrauding a charity.
Decades of fraud and tax cheating before he even got into politics.
And I suspect money laundering for the Russian mob but we'll see if/when the bank records case is resolved.

Republicans were talking like this a week before Nixon resigned. Republicans in safe seats on the judiciary committee tried to protect him, most were swept out of office for the perception they aided the cover up.

Every time there's a leak Trump looks worse, why are none of the leaks exculpatory? He's the worst thing that ever happened to the Republican party.
Ellis Wyatt
You're an unhinged gas bag. And a liar.
ProgN
We fixed the keg
AG
A republic only exists with the peaceful transition of power, so congratulations on your efforts to destroy our system because of your TDS. There was, and continues to be, no crime committed. Add to that, there is no obstruction. The President, as his predecessors did, invoked Executive Privilege. All the dems had to do was challenge this in court. By not doing so, THEY let EP stand. If a prosecutor doesnt file charges, there is no case, there is no finding of guilt. 3 co-equal branches of government ....For...a.....reason.

So tired of this, too stupid to see the damage they are doing to everything the touch. A bunch of ****ing parasites hell bent on sucking all the life out of the host. What happens when their done?
MouthBQ98
AG
Have you exceeded the speed limit before?
agdad4x
I have been a "lurker" here for years (with a few posts now and then) and enjoy reading post from the "opposition" - have only "ignored" one poster up to now, chance just made it two, much more enjoyable except the threads are about 1/2 the size now than they were before
ProgN
*testing*

Do you see this post?
agdad4x
did I pass or fail your test ?
agdad4x
ops, guess i should have responded to the post instead of just posting - like I said, I only post a few times !
ProgN
ProgN
Was seeing if I was the other one you had on ignore list.
First Page Last Page
Page 213 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.