***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

966,823 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
End Of Message
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm convinced that Met is a troll, paid to hit up this board with dem talking points to understand the conservative point of view, then relays the conservative talking points to the overlords to examine how to best address the conservative arguments.
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
aggielostinETX
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

I'll match, dollar for dollar, the winner, no matter who that may be.

In as well
aggielostinETX
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

I'm convinced that Met is a troll, paid to hit up this board with dem talking points to understand the conservative point of view, then relays the conservative talking points to the overlords to examine how to best address the conservative arguments.

Flag as such
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Deats said:

Pinche Abogado said:

I'll match, dollar for dollar, the winner, no matter who that may be.

In as well
In for $50, can't do $500 lol
30wedge
MetoliusAg said:

One of the many ludicrous narratives being passed around by Trump supporters is the claim that Trump is genuinely concerned about corruption in foreign countries.

The truth: Trump doesn't care about corruption and never has. He's been neck deep in it his entire adult life, and he has deeply engaged in corruption to enrich himself for decades.

Here's a twitter thread documenting some of Trump's long record of "deep concern about corruption":

Don't read it if you're a Trump supporter. The truth might make you go blind.
Do all tweets "document" things? Or can anything be said on social media? Might want to start getting your documentation from someone's blog.
Rapier108
It won't do any good. Even his blatant thread derailing is allowed.
chimmy
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I think one thing, coming after last week's decision, would be passing actually passing, not just proposing a new and better amendment to the criminal code that not only restores illicit enrichment as an anti-corruption tool but reinstates the dozens of cases that were undermined by the court decision.

Instead of annulling anti-corruption laws, there are some that believe that the Constitutional Court could focus its attention on revoking the law that requires civil society to file electronic asset declarations, which was clearly intended to undermine the effectiveness of those like media representatives who expose corruption and hold elected representatives accountable.

To ensure the integrity of anticorruption institutions, the Special Anticorruption Prosecutor must be replaced. Nobody who has been recorded coaching suspects on how to avoid corruption charges can be trusted to prosecute those very same cases.

Those responsible for corruption should be investigated, prosecuted, and if guilty, go to jail. And in order for that to happen, all of the elements of the anti-corruption architecture must be in place and must be working effectively.
Ambassador Marie (Masha) Yovanovitch, March 5, 2019 LINK

Why is that important? For several reasons.

First, embassies are not supposed to meddle in internal politics of their host countries. This was a a little over a month before the Ukrainian elections. But when it comes to the diplomatic mission in Kyiv they have often strayed well beyond the rules, Geneva Convention be damned.

But she didn't there. From the same speech:

Quote:

The High Qualifications Commission, we believe, should consider seriously questions about the integrity of judicial candidates.
We don't understand what the reason would be to appoint demonstrably flawed candidates to the country's highest court, especially when there are other qualified candidates without such concerns available.

And the Public Integrity Council must be given more power to prevent bad apples from continuing to corrupt the judiciary.

As has been so long discussed in Ukraine I mean, for decades, really MPs, who continue to enjoy immunity from prosecution, a situation that everyone recognizes is ripe for abuse, should vote to end that immunity for the next Rada.

The government of Ukraine should also immediately fund a complete audit of Ukroboronprom and declassify the State Defense Order to the maximum extent possible. This will promote transparency and fight corruption in the defense sector.

Turning a blind eye to corruption in the defense sector is taking food, medical treatment, and weapons out of the hands of Ukraine's brave soldiers. And the government should investigate and prosecute cases of corruption at Ukroboronprom and elsewhere.
Now does that make it sound as if Yovanovitch took the hands off approach as she has claimed? Or does it make it appear more likely that she did exactly what Lutsenko said she did? Tell him who he could and could not prosecute? And where is she getting her information on who is or is not a "flawed" judiciary candidate in her esteemed estimation?
Maybe she's getting her marching orders from somebody else, not Pompeo?

As John Solomon reports:
Quote:

Up to that point, I had focused months of reporting on Ukraine on the U.S. government's relationship with a Ukraine nonprofit called the AntiCorruption Action Centre, which was jointly funded by liberal megadonor George Soros' charity and the State Department. I even sent a list of questions to that nonprofit all the way back in October 2018. It never answered.
Given that Soros spent millions trying to elect Hillary Clinton and defeat Donald Trump in 2016, I thought it was a legitimate public policy question to ask whether a State Department that is supposed to be politically neutral should be in joint business with a partisan figure's nonprofit entity.

State officials confirmed that Soros' foundation and the U.S. embassy jointly funded the AntiCorruption Action Centre, and that Soros' vocal role in Ukraine as an anticorruption voice afforded him unique access to the State Department, including in 2016 to the top official on Ukraine policy, Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland. (That access was confirmed in documents later released under FOIA to Citizens United.)

Soros' representatives separately confirmed to me that the Anti-Corruption Action Centre was the leading tip of the spear for a strategy Team Soros devised in 2014 to fight corruption in Ukraine and that might open the door for his possible business investment of $1 billion. You can read the Ukraine strategy document here and Soros' plan to invest $1 billion in Ukraine here.
Much More Here

Just something to chew on before she testifies tomorrow. By all means, follow all of the links Solomon provides and come to your own conclusions. But to me, Soros lurking in the background with a one billion dollar investment in Ukrainian businesses unless certain people are removed or installed with the full cooperation of this ambassador raised my eyebrows.

I'm feeling sorry for the Ukrainian people. They are caught in the middle between being under Putin's thumb or Soros'. And since when has Soros ever done something that is for the good of a country (crashing their currencies) instead of line his own pockets?

My .02, FWIW.

I knew Soros was involved in all of this.

I bet the Clintons are lurking somewhere in the background too.

A lot of money to be made with Ukraine's natural resources.

Rick Perry did a good thing by getting those Ukrainian gas deals for honest Republican Houstonians Michael Bleyzer, Alex Cranberg and Robert Bensh. Dems can't be trusted.

These guys are experienced and trusted members of the oil, gas, and energy community.
MetoliusAg
Amash on impeachment:

captkirk
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Amash on impeachment:

Amash is a moron
BuddysBud
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

I'm convinced that Met is a troll, paid to hit up this board with dem talking points to understand those who can think for themselves, then relays the talking points to the overlords to examine how to best address logical arguments.

FIFY
will25u
MetoliusAg said:

Amash on impeachment:

This all started with THE NON-WHISTLE BLOWER(Eric Ciaramella). Why won't the Democrats call the Non-Whistle Blower?
hbtheduce
AG
What a brilliant legal strategy.

Talk as much as possible under oath without legal counsel. 400 IQ strategy.
MetoliusAg
captkirk said:

MetoliusAg said:

Amash on impeachment:

Amash is a moron

If Amash is wrong, then why doesn't Trump demand that Mulvaney, Perry, Bolton, Kupperman, Eisenberg, Giuliani, and Pompeo testify?

Likewise, why is Trump withholding the subpoenaed documents, texts, and emails?
Joe Exotic
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Amash on impeachment:

Why should Trump do this when there's a 100% chance he's exonerated?
aginlakeway
AG
mugwurt said:

aginlakeway said:

MetoliusAg said:

aginlakeway said:

You're off and running early this morning ...Hope you have a great day!
Thanks. Every day is a good day.
So no reply to my wager on 2020 election? $500 payable to SPCA. I get Trump. You get field. Deal?

Don't waste your time. I have made similar wager proposals, and he is too chicken **** to put his money where his mouth is.

I figured. Big time troll.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
aggielostinETX
AG
MetoliusAg said:

captkirk said:

MetoliusAg said:

Amash on impeachment:

Amash is a moron

If Amash is wrong, then why doesn't Trump demand that Mulvaney, Perry, Bolton, Kupperman, Eisenberg, Giuliani, and Pompeo testify?

Do you understand "burden of proof"?
I'll answer for you, "no"
End Of Message
AG
Deats said:

MetoliusAg said:

captkirk said:

MetoliusAg said:

Amash on impeachment:

Amash is a moron

Here is the correct answer.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
MetoliusAg said:

captkirk said:

MetoliusAg said:

Amash on impeachment:

Amash is a moron

This is America, silence doesn't equal guilt here. I know you demo-rats wanna make this another communist **** hole where not testifying against yourself is a one way ticket to the gulag but that's not a thing here.

Burden of proof is on you, now prove it. Cut this "iF yOu HaD NutTinG tO HiDe" bull****
will25u
MetoliusAg said:

captkirk said:

MetoliusAg said:

Amash on impeachment:

Amash is a moron

Why doesn't Schiff and his kangaroo sham of an impeachment whatever subpoena them? If he has the power to actually issue *REAL* supoenas then he can get the courts to uphold them. Case closed. They will HAVE to appear.

But I don't see Schiff taking these people to court to uphold his supoenas?
ttu_85
Pinche Abogado said:

Out of curiosity, how much does Sharia Blue pay?

Your propaganda war has failed. America knows.

The Democratic Party is dead.

And I remember Bill Clinton saying back in 1992 saying "character doesns't matter its the economy stupid !!"

And your party today is half outright communinst. Yes Trump sucks but the Dems are becoming enemies of this Republic
captkirk
AG
MetoliusAg said:

captkirk said:

MetoliusAg said:

Amash on impeachment:

Amash is a moron

Why would he? Its Schiff's job to get witnesses to testify. I'm starting to think you don't understand how this works
aggiehawg
AG
Deats said:

MetoliusAg said:

captkirk said:

MetoliusAg said:

Amash on impeachment:

Amash is a moron

Not up to snuff on the separation of powers, either.
txaggie_08
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Another telling sign of how bad things went for Trump & Giuliani at the impeachment hearing today is evident from looking Trump's twitter feed. He has nothing -- nada -- to counter the facts and witnesses.

Someone's probably already gotten to this - I'm a little behind - but Trump has more important things to worry about yesterday with Erdogan in town. Not much time to worry about Schiff's dog and pony show.
BQ78
AG
Maybe for the same reason Eric Holder and Lois Lerner wouldn't testify.

Nah, that would imply guilt for Trump.

How about he isn't going to support non-stop Witch Hunts.

That one works for logical people.
Rapier108
aginlakeway said:

mugwurt said:

aginlakeway said:

MetoliusAg said:

aginlakeway said:

So no reply to my wager on 2020 election? $500 payable to SPCA. I get Trump. You get field. Deal?

Don't waste your time. I have made similar wager proposals, and he is too chicken **** to put his money where his mouth is.

He almost never responds, just goes on to the next talking point.
Spotted Ag
AG
It's 9:20 AM and Donald J. Trump is STILL the POTUS...

and, Jeffrey Epstein STILL didn't kill himself.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
Spotted Ag
AG
Rapier108 said:

aginlakeway said:

mugwurt said:

aginlakeway said:

MetoliusAg said:

aginlakeway said:

He almost never responds, just goes on to the next talking point.
She/He/they has been asked multiple times if they think Zelensky is lying. No response.

Rs should start blasting out multiple and repeated demands that democrats answer whether they believe a foreign head of state is lying. Put their asses on the spot and MAKE them answer. If they say yes then an entire foreign country will hate them. If they say no then there is no case.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
Gary Johnson
Quote:

Why would he? Its Schiff's job to get witnesses to testify. I'm starting to think you don't understand how this works

Give us a break with this. The dems would love to get those guys on the stand, Trump is obstructing. These are the first hand accounts and documents, let's see them.
aggiehawg
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Give us a break with this. The dems would love to get those guys on the stand, Trump is obstructing. These are the first hand accounts and documents, let's see them.
Then subpoena them and let the courts decide. That's our process for determining separation of power questions under our Constitution. Pretty dang simple.
End Of Message
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Give me your tax records. Show me your bank account. Give me your address.
captkirk
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Doesn't know what obstruction is
captkirk
AG
Gary Johnson
That's a different objection. Then when it drags on for months Trump will complain about that.

aggiehawg
AG
Gary Johnson said:

That's a different objection. Then when it drags on for months Trump will complain about that.

Why would the Dems care about whether Trump complains or not? If they were really only after the truth, we have a process for that. Use it and let the chips fall where they may.
captkirk
AG
Sorry guys. You've lost CNN

First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.