***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

964,235 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
hbtheduce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't forget to mention part of the "quid pro quo" was to investigate the start of the Russia collusion hoax.

If dems don't support that, they support Russian disinfo destabilizing American democracy.
Gary Johnson
According to Sondland opening an investigation wasn't good enough, it had to be a public declaration from the president(not the PGO) implicating the Bidens.

That's how you know what this was all about. A headline that helps him personally, not any kind of real anti-corruption action.

Problem is they had nothing on either and didn't know what they were supposed to be "investigating" so Zelensky punked Trump and didn't do it after the aid was released. This is the biggest derp scandal I can remember.
aggiehawg
AG
Rapier108 said:

So the so called QPQ is Trump wanted an anti-corruption statement?

If that is impeachable, then we have to cut off all foreign aid because it is all a crime.
The narrative is so muddied now, appears to me what Rudy wanted was not the same as what Trump was saying and that disconnect confused a lot of people.

But hell if I know, at this point.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

"FAKE news"
"There was no QPQ" <---- Trumpers are here
"QPQ is fine, not improper" <---- next stage
"QPQ is improper, but shouldn't cause removal from office" <------- Where Trumpers should be

All of these options are still possible with many combinations and shades of each. Fake news is in pretty much every story about this mess. Criminal or improper QPQ v. normal QPQ (almost every transaction between humans) is hard to delineate. Ultimately, I don't give a f/ck if Trump squeezed Ukraine to find about 2016 shenanigans or Biden etal's misconduct. HTH.
FireAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rapier108 said:

If that is impeachable, then we have to cut off all foreign aid because it is all a crime.
The narrative is so muddied now, appears to me what Rudy wanted was not the same as what Trump was saying and that disconnect confused a lot of people.

The whole thing is becoming muddled...
Ags4DaWin
Gary Johnson said:

"FAKE news"
"There was no QPQ" <---- Trumpers are here
"QPQ is fine, not improper" <---- next stage
"QPQ is improper, but shouldn't cause removal from office" <------- Where Trumpers should be
DGAF AND STILL NOT TIRED OF WINNING<--------Where I am and where Trumpers REALLY are

FIFY
Rapier108
FireAg said:

aggiehawg said:

Rapier108 said:

The whole thing is becoming muddled...
Likely on purpose by the Democrats to make it where no one can find the truth because they only release stuff to fit their agenda.
hbtheduce
AG
Gary Johnson said:

According to Sondland opening an investigation wasn't good enough, it had to be a public declaration from the president(not the PGO) implicating the Bidens.

That's how you know what this was all about. A headline that helps him personally, not any kind of real anti-corruption action.

Problem is they had nothing on either and didn't know what they were supposed to be "investigating" so Zelensky punked Trump and didn't do it after the aid was released. This is the biggest derp scandal I can remember.

Opening the investigation, and publicly announcing it, aligns Ukraine with the US DOJ and gives our own investigators more power to seek testimony and evidence from Ukrainian nationals that Bill Barr can't subpoena. Ukraine would never be required to "lead" the investigation

Or we can go with your alternate reality that Trump wanted a couple headlines that would fizzle when the Ukraine investigation would be quickly closed. Strengthening Biden and hurting trump.
Gary Johnson
Quote:

DGAF
This is at least honest.
Gary Johnson
Quote:

Opening the investigation, and publicly announcing it, aligns Ukraine with the US DOJ and gives our own investigators more power to seek testimony and evidence from Ukrainian nationals that Bill Barr can't subpoena. Ukraine would never be required to "lead" the investigation
Talking about the ridiculous "Ukrainian Server" conspiracy here not the Bidens. Two separate matters. The first one is dumb, but not unethical.
captkirk
AG
Gary Johnson said:

From his testimony, he indicates he acted on a presumption:

Quote:

Quote 1: "By the beginning of September 2019, and in the absence of any credible explanation for the suspension of aid, I presumed that the aid suspension had become linked to the proposed anti-corruption statement."

Quote 2: He told one of Zelensky's advisors that "resumption of US aid would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anti-corruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks."
hbtheduce
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Talking about the ridiculous "Ukrainian Server" conspiracy here not the Bidens. Two separate matters. The first one is dumb, but not unethical.

Can Joe Biden be investigated by the Trump DOJ for possible corruption concerning the money his son accepted in Ukraine or China?

Edit: You do realize, that you just admited that one half of this "quid pro quo" is legal.
Gary Johnson
Quote:

Ultimately, I don't give a f/ck if Trump squeezed Ukraine to find about 2016 shenanigans or Biden etal's misconduct.
The White House has been insistent there was no QPQ and are pushing awfully hard on witnesses who could corroborate it. But it's all falling apart.

Quote:

"When this came out, it was 'quid pro quo' - well, there is none," the president said. "But now, the Democrats don't bring that up anymore because they lied."
Gary Johnson
Quote:

Can Joe Biden be investigated by the Trump DOJ for possible corruption concerning the money his son accepted in Ukraine or China?

Sure. There is no DOJ investigation because there is no credible allegation.
hbtheduce
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Edit: You do realize, that you just admited that one half of this "quid pro quo" is legal.
Sure. There is no DOJ investigation because there is no credible allegation.

Pure speculation on your part. What if there is an open investigation into Hunter Biden?
Gary Johnson
What crime is the DOJ investigating?
MetoliusAg
Quote:

Ultimately, I don't give a f/ck if Trump committed extortion or bribery squeezed Ukraine to find about 2016 shenanigans or Biden etal's misconduct. HTH.
Thanks for confirming it for the ten-millionth time, I guess, but we already knew that about Trump supporters.

Trump supporters have made it patently clear for the past 3+ years that they don't care what crimes Trump commits. As Bo Darville and numerous other Trump supporters have repeatedly said in this forum, all y'all care about is policy.
captkirk
AG
Trump not going anywhere. I don't know why you guys put yourselves through this over and over again
FireAg
AG
captkirk said:

Trump not going anywhere. I don't know why you guys put yourselves through this over and over again
I think that's beyond obvious...but I do like to watch the left banter and wring their hands over it...
hbtheduce
AG
Gary Johnson said:

FARA violations, Bribery (huge deal according to Metolius), Emoluments Clause.

The DOJ hasn't announced an investigation, but the public evidence we have shows that

1. Money was exchanged
2. H Biden accompanied J Biden on AF2 for some of these payments
3. J Biden was making foreign policy decisions during these payments

Its possible that it was all done legal. Seems premature to say there were no crimes when the DOJ AG was willing to speak with Ukraine on the matter, and we have no clue if there is an open investigation.
will25u

Quote:

Before sending that text, Ambassador Sondland had a phone call with the President.

Sondland asked President Trump "what do you want from Ukraine?"

The President said, "I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. I want Zelensky to do the right thing... to do what he ran on."

Why did we gloss over this? Sondland straight up asks the President, and he said exactly "I WANT NO QUID PRO QUO."
hbtheduce
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Quote:

Ultimately, I don't give a f/ck if Trump committed extortion or bribery squeezed Ukraine to find about 2016 shenanigans or Biden etal's misconduct. HTH.
Thanks for confirming it for the ten-millionth time, I guess, but we already knew that about Trump supporters.

Trump supporters have made it patently clear for the past 3+ years that they don't care what crimes Trump commits. As Bo Darville and numerous other Trump supporters have repeatedly said in this forum, all y'all care about is policy.

Trump extorts foreign countries every time he bumps tariff rates.

Bribery requires the exchange of "something of value". Please tell me, what is the value of criminal investigation and cooperating with the US AG?

Edit: Trump extorted Turkey to protect the precious Kurds in Syria. Metolius, you are full of nonsense.
FireAg
AG
will25u said:

Quote:

Before sending that text, Ambassador Sondland had a phone call with the President.

The President said, "I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. I want Zelensky to do the right thing... to do what he ran on."

Why did we gloss over this? Sondland straight up asks the President, and he said exactly "I WANT NO QUID PRO QUO."
Because it doesn't fit their narrative..
will25u
captkirk
AG
will25u said:

Quote:

Cuz muh insinuations
ProgN
BMX Bandit
Rand may want to read that amendment.
ProgN
I'm not debating law, especially with you. I just admire the smartass retort.
BMX Bandit
As so I.

hbtheduce
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Correct, it specifies only criminal trials (most analogous to the senate trial). But I do think it defines the spirit of fairness and level of evidence expected for serious allegations.

If someone isn't willing to stand by their criminal accusation, it shouldn't be taken seriously by a jury or any American citizen.
BMX Bandit
Assuming that "whistleblower" Would be a witness at the trial, completely agree
MetoliusAg
BMX Bandit said:

Or maybe he should keep repeating it. The base is already 100% onboard with it.
aggiehawg
AG
hbtheduce said:

BMX Bandit said:

Correct, it specifies only criminal trials (most analogous to the senate trial). But I do think it defines the spirit of fairness and level of evidence expected for serious allegations.

If someone isn't willing to stand by their criminal accusation, it shouldn't be taken seriously by a jury or any American citizen.
Schiff wasn't kidding when he said he was conducting these "hearings" as a grand jury investigation where there is no due process mandated and exculpatory evidence is never presented to the grand jurors.
hbtheduce
AG
MetoliusAg said:

BMX Bandit said:

Or maybe he should keep repeating it. The base is already 100% onboard with it.

Or maybe the base expects all citizens and other government bodies to embody champion the same freaking principles even if not required by the constitution.
Tbs2003
hbtheduce said:

Gary Johnson said:

FARA violations, Bribery (huge deal according to Metolius), Emoluments Clause.

The DOJ hasn't announced an investigation, but the public evidence we have shows that

1. Money was exchanged
2. H Biden accompanied J Biden on AF2 for some of these payments
3. J Biden was making foreign policy decisions during these payments

Its possible that it was all done legal. Seems premature to say there were no crimes when the DOJ AG was willing to speak with Ukraine on the matter, and we have no clue if there is an open investigation.
And this insanity is exactly why Trump was working so hard to pressure Zelenskyy to make a public announcement that Ukraine was investigating Burisma. Even though it's pretty clear that there's nothing there, if a statement is made by someone outside the Trump administration (especially a foreign government) on this topic, the Trump crowd is going to latch onto it and never let it go. It would absolutely be the next "Hilary's emails" and his crowds would be chanting about it for the next 12 months.

As a reminder, here's the relevant part of Bill Taylor's opening statement:
Quote:

During that phone call, Ambassador Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President Zelenskyy to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 U.S. election.

Ambassador Sondland also told me that he now recognized that he had made a mistake by earlier telling the Ukrainian officials to whom he spoke that a White House meeting with President Zelenskyy was dependent on a public announcement of investigations - in fact, Ambassador Sondland said, everything was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance. He said that President Trump wanted President Zelenskyy " in a public box" by making a public statement about ordering such investigations.
This is what this whole thing boils down to. Trump doesn't care at all about corruption (other than the extent to which he can get away with it). If he did, it wouldn't matter whether there was a public announcement - the assurances that Ukraine would investigate would have been sufficient. Ultimately, he's just trying to legitimize his claims that his political rival was corrupt by blackmailing a foreign government into making a public statement that would support that claim.

Honestly, something like that shouldn't work - but when you have a large portion of the country mainlining Fox News and regurgitating it through Twitter and Facebook (with some helpful amplification by Russia), it's the type of thing that could make the difference in the election. I mean, why else would Trump and Rudy do this and then try to stonewall the whole investigation?
First Page Last Page
Page 56 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.