***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

946,609 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
Spotted Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's 8:48 AM on October 28, 2019 and Donald J. Trump is STILL the POTUS
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
FriscoKid
AG
EKUAg said:

MetoliusAg said:

hbtheduce said:

Mueller, the guy who conducted the GJ, couldn't even bring himself to call it obstruction.
Then Trump and Barr should stop trying to prevent the HoR from seeing the GJ material and the other witness depositions from the SCO investigation.

How about the House vote for a true impeachment inquiry so that they are then entitled to the GJ material? Oh wait, Nancy doesn't want the Trump state Dems to have to vote.

Etcetcra believed this in the past until the dems said no. I'm surprised that his beliefs are not strongly held and are so easily changed.
e=mc2
AG
FriscoKid said:

EKUAg said:

MetoliusAg said:

hbtheduce said:

Mueller, the guy who conducted the GJ, couldn't even bring himself to call it obstruction.
Then Trump and Barr should stop trying to prevent the HoR from seeing the GJ material and the other witness depositions from the SCO investigation.

How about the House vote for a true impeachment inquiry so that they are then entitled to the GJ material? Oh wait, Nancy doesn't want the Trump state Dems to have to vote.

Etcetcra believed this in the past until the dems said no. I'm surprised that his beliefs are not strongly held and are so easily changed.
They don't call them useful idiots for nothing!
Gigem314
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Gigem314 said:

will25u said:

The ONLY thing the Democrats might get out of this(if they actually get the GJ material) is something to smear Trump with. Otherwise the Mueller Investigation would have been more damning.
That's all it's ever been about. The dems know they don't have anything on him. It's all a show.
Disagree.
The GJ witness testimony opens the door to obstruction of justice being added as a separate Article of Impeachment.

Regarding your claim that it's just a show, the reason you believe that is because it is exactly how your own GOP-controlled HoR operates. Your current GOP HoR minority leader publicly admitted it about the GOP.
Quote:

Kevin McCarthy to Fox, 2015: "Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right? But we put together a Benghazi special committee. A select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping."
Are the Dems willing to use the same dirty tactics the GOP uses? Sure. But that doesn't appear to be the case here.

Note the rapid pace of deposing the witnesses by the committee. If the Dems were merely intent on using the investigation to hurt Trump in the 2020 election, they would drag this investigation out for 8 to 12 months.

The reality is, the Dems are dead serious about investigating Trump's abuses of power and his other impeachable offenses.

If the evidence they uncover is sufficient, they will send Articles of Impeachment to the Senate as soon as the HoR investigation and subsequent impeachment process can be completed.
So after the dems dirty tactics with Mueller and Kavanaugh failed MASSIVELY...they really got him this time?

The sad thing is, they can count on ignorant dems like you to believe they really mean it...and that they have evidence. But they can't seem to prove anything. There's no evidence this is any different.

But you eat it up because it distracts from their policy and leadership failures.
Gigem314
AG
Spotted Ag said:

It's 8:48 AM on October 28, 2019 and Donald J. Trump is STILL the POTUS
#AnyDayNow
aggiehawg
AG
Schiff stated he will use obstruction of Congress as grounds for impeachment. That flies directly into the face of separation of powers and the role of the judiciary to resolve disputes over Congressional subpoenas to the Executive Branch. Invoking Executive Privilege is not obstruction, until a court orders the Executive Branch to comply and they thereafter fail to do so.

At this rate, I wouldn't be that surprised if Schiff4Brains declared the invocation of the Fifth as criminal obstruction, he's so far off the reservation.
fasthorse05
When I see comforting words like yours, I'm reminded that Beryl Howell just ordered a GJ to turn over their material. So I'm not so comforted by case law, or the "law as it's written".

I'm not trying to be snarky or cynical, frankly, I'm fairly optimistic on the Spygate topic, except for judges being impartial. Unfortunately, I don't trust Roberts at the SC level, but that's my problem.
will25u
BMX Bandit
Interesting note about that case, he and Bolton have the same lawyer.
BMX Bandit
aggiehawg said:

Schiff stated he will use obstruction of Congress as grounds for impeachment. That flies directly into the face of separation of powers and the role of the judiciary to resolve disputes over Congressional subpoenas to the Executive Branch. Invoking Executive Privilege is not obstruction, until a court orders the Executive Branch to comply and they thereafter fail to do so.

At this rate, I wouldn't be that surprised if Schiff4Brains declared the invocation of the Fifth as criminal obstruction, he's so far off the reservation.
yep. exactly the plan.

The democrats know there is a less than 1% chance the Ukraine stuff on its face is enough for impeachment. They are trying to trap Trump into lying or obstructing along the way.
aggiehawg
AG
fasthorses05 said:

When I see comforting words like yours, I'm reminded that Beryl Howell just ordered a GJ to turn over their material. So I'm not so comforted by case law, or the "law as it's written".

I'm not trying to be snarky or cynical, frankly, I'm fairly optimistic on the Spygate topic, except for judges being impartial. Unfortunately, I don't trust Roberts at the SC level, but that's my problem.
As to impeachment and a trial in the Senate, Roberts isn't truly the judge more like a referree. And love him or hate him, Lindsay does know the law. He sees the an article of impeachment based on obstruction of Congress doesn't hold water, legally.

I made the mistake of watching Showtime's The Circus last night. (Was waiting for the new episode of The Affair.) John Heilemann, of NBC and MSNBC, was parroting the Schiff's committee is a grand jury talking point nonsense. Idiots, the lot of them.
will25u
End Of Message
AG
Desperation
Spotted Ag
AG
will25u said:

She's still alive? Learn something new every day.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
MetoliusAg
Mr.Infectious said:

Can we file for divorce now or do we need to wait until after the impeachment?
Thks for posting this. I heard this happened last night, but I didn't see it. I must have been channel surfing. (Great ballgame, btw)

I did a twitter search this a.m. to see if any cameras got closeups of Trump's reaction. Found one (warning: it is loud). His initial reaction is to smile, but as the booing continues and then the "Lock Him Up" chant starts up, spreads immediately across the stadium, and is yelled by tens of thousands of American patriots, his expression does a complete metamorphosis.

Trump has Narcissist PD, plus he is paranoid. He absolutely believes in many conspiracy theories. The public shaming last night on national tv had to be devastating and deeply humiliating for him. The booing and chanting will gnaw at him, and eventually his anger will manifest itself into his behavior & unscripted statements. Reactions from Trump the next 2 weeks will be closely watched....especially with so many different court cases and investigations of him and Trump Org progressing at a rapid pace.
Joe Exotic
AG
You've got a tough 5 year ahead
Proc92
Hahaha. Gold, jerry. Gold.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

"Lock Him Up" chant starts up, spreads immediately across the stadium, and is yelled by tens of thousands of American patriots,
Thanks, I needed a good laugh. A bunch of sh/tbag DC area parasites booed the POTUS, so he must be killing it for 'Merica!
Spotted Ag
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Mr.Infectious said:

tens of thousands of American patriots, his expression does a complete metamorphosis.

"tens of thousands of American patriots".

Most quiet tens of thousands of American patriots I've ever heard. Watch the video clips. There is just as many, if not more people, not partaking in the coordinated yelling of a bunch of typical DC **** breathed liberals.
Rockdoc
AG
Poor etcetera. Another fail. MAGA!
aginlakeway
AG
Going to be a very long next 5 years for you ...

Better start creating some other usernames ASAP.
FireAg
AG
Mr.Infectious said:

Can we file for divorce now or do we need to wait until after the impeachment?
Isn't that the same town that elected Marion Berry as Mayor for a 4th time, even after he got caught by the FBI smoking crack in a hotel room?

DC population opinions matter very little...
MetoliusAg
-- If the HJC impeachment inquiry is successful at getting the GJ & other SCO witness materials and depositions, the odds of the Senate convicting Trump in a Senate trial increase considerably.

-- Several experts on impeachment have repeatedly stated the past several weeks that a House vote to proceed to the next step in the impeachment process seems inevitable. This reporter just broke the story that it might happen as soon as Thursday:

will25u
MetoliusAg said:

-- If the HJC impeachment inquiry is successful at getting the GJ & other SCO witness materials and depositions, the odds of the Senate convicting Trump in a Senate trial increase considerably.

-- Several experts on impeachment have repeatedly stated the past several weeks that a House vote to proceed to the next step in the impeachment process seems inevitable. This reporter just broke the story that it might happen as soon as Thursday:

So if they get the GJ material, you think 21 Republicans with go with that?

What will they see in the GJ material? Mueller did not find any crimes.
MetoliusAg
Manu Raju, one of the most reliable reporters who covers Congress and spends his days in the halls of Congress interviewing Congress critters and their staffers, just confirmed it.

Rapier108
Your buddy Manu Raju has been wrong multiple times, but keep earning that Share Blue money.
4stringAg
AG
will25u said:

She can shove it up her old ass. They pulled this **** with Sessions but don't think Barr is going to follow along.
captkirk
AG

Quote:

Please show the math on this. Its a fishing expedition and nothing more - a final hail Marry
backintexas2013
AG
So not actually articles of impeachment correct?
MetoliusAg
Quote:

What will they see in the GJ material?
Witness testimony, emails, texts, and other evidence.
Quote:

Mueller did not find any crimes.
Many former DOJ prosecutors have read the Mueller Report and concluded the opposite. As you well know, current DOJ rules prohibited the SCO / DOJ from indicting Trump.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

As you well know, current DOJ rules prohibited the SCO / DOJ from indicting Trump.

As you well know, Mueller said those rules didn't matter.
backintexas2013
AG
More inside sources?
will25u
MetoliusAg said:

Quote:

Quote:

Many former DOJ prosecutors have read the Mueller Report and concluded the opposite. As you well know, current DOJ rules prohibited the SCO / DOJ from indicting Trump.
Mueller said that he wasn't going by those OLC guidelines on whether or not to charge Trump with a crime.
Rockdoc
AG
Etcetera, have you fully convinced yourself? Got your future user names picked out yet?
will25u
MetoliusAg said:

Quote:

Quote:

So there is going to be enough in the GJ material to convince 21 republicans and all of the democrats(foregone conclusion) to impeach him? Yeah, sorry but I don't see that happening. If Mueller wouldn't charge Trump from EVERYTHING he had, 21 Republicans are not going to jump ship. ESPECIALLY with Trump/team able to call witnesses, submit evidence, etc.
First Page Last Page
Page 27 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.