***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

944,865 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
Maroon Dawn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Liberal: the transcript is fake!!

Sane human being: okay, show us the real transcript you must have to be making that accusation

Liberal ZOMG YOU EVIL RACIST NAZI LOVER!!!
aginlakeway
AG
backintexas2013 said:

So are you now claiming the call summaries have been altered?

I blocked him. Again.
MetoliusAg
Like the editorial staff at WSJ, Rich Lowry of NRO is also going with the "he tried to extort / bribe them but he failed, so therefore it's no big deal" defense.

Rockdoc
AG
Oh good. More fake news etcetera.
Maroon Dawn
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Like the editorial staff at WSJ, Rich Lowry of NRO is also going with the "he tried to extort / bribe them but he failed, so therefore it's no big deal" defense.

Commiefornia says yes under their Prop 47

If it's good enough for them then why not you?
Gary Johnson
Man accused of kidnapping says "I let them go eventually" as a legal defense

Man accused of bank robbery says "I got caught" before completing the robbery

President withholding aid in an extortion scheme gets caught and is forced to comply with congressional foreign policy mandate.

Come on guys this isn't that hard.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Gary Johnson said:

President withholding aid in an extortion scheme gets caught and is forced to comply with congressional foreign policy mandate.

Is Biden innocent of the corruption that Trump asked for help proving

Yes or No

[will disappear and not answer the question because ALL of this is to distract America from this very important answer]
hbtheduce
AG
Our current president is currently extorting China, Mexico, and Canada. It's not illegal. Seeking justice isn't illegal.
MetoliusAg
Maroon Dawn said:

Gary Johnson said:

Is Biden innocent of the corruption(?)
I'll answer your question from my rationale, and then a Trump supporter's answer.

My opinion: it was corrupt.

But if I used the rationalizations and excuses Trump supporters used in this thread, it would look like this: Biden is innocent because

1. There was no quid pro quo between Buresma and Joe Biden.

2. Even if there was a quid pro quo, it was legal.

3. People do quid pro quo's all the time.

4. Ok, maybe it was an illegal quid pro quo, but Joe Biden never fulfilled his end of the bargain, so it's "no harm & no foul" and therefore irrelevant.

5. Even if it was an illegal quid pro quo by Biden, it doesn't rise to the level of prosecutability.

6. I don't care if Biden took $1M in bribes. Policy is all that matters. (aka the Bo Darville rationalization)

7. Vice-President Biden was VP in the Executive Branch, and the EB is empowered by the Constitution to do foreign policy. So it was 100% legal.
Fat Black Swan
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Gary Johnson said:

I'll answer your question from my rationale, and then from a Trump supporter's rationale.

A Trump supporter's rationale: Biden is innocent because:

4. Ok, maybe it was an illegal quid pro quo, but Joe Biden never fulfilled his end of the bargain, so it's "no harm & no foul" and therefore irrelevant.

5. Even if it was an illegal quid pro quo by Biden, it doesn't rise to the level of prosecutability.

6. I don't care if Biden took $1M in bribes. Policy is all that matters. (aka the Bo Darville rationalization)

7. Vice-President Biden was VP in the Executive Branch, and the EB is empowered by the Constitution to do foreign policy. So it was 100% legal.

Quote:

To act on the belief that we possess the knowledge and the power which enable us to shape the processes of society entirely to our liking, knowledge which in fact we do not possess, is likely to make us do much harm. In the physical sciences there may be little objection to trying to do the impossible; one might even feel that one ought not to discourage the overconfident because their experiments may after all produce some new insights.

The pretense of knowledge has always been the Marxist downfall.
Maroon Dawn
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Bo Darville said:

Key difference is Nixon fought to withhold his tapes of wrongdoing. Trump basically released his transcript immediately.
Nixon released transcripts too. And the tapes we got later after a court battle showed the "transcripts" had been edited to omit incriminating evidence of the crimes of Nixon and his Republican subordinates.

Where is your evidence that the transcript we have is incorrect?
Maroon Dawn
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Gary Johnson said:

I'll answer your question from my rationale, and then a Trump supporter's answer.

But if I used the rationalizations and excuses Trump supporters used in this thread, it would look like this: Biden is innocent because

So you're admitting Biden is guilty of corruption but also saying Trump isn't allowed to use his clearly spelled out treaty power (which you also keep ignoring because it ruins your narrative) to get a treaty signed to help us in that investigation of Biden's corruption

Muy
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

MetoliusAg said:

Bo Darville said:

Key difference is Nixon fought to withhold his tapes of wrongdoing. Trump basically released his transcript immediately.
Nixon released transcripts too. And the tapes we got later after a court battle showed the "transcripts" had been edited to omit incriminating evidence of the crimes of Nixon and his Republican subordinates.

Where is your evidence that the transcript we have is incorrect?

Adam Schiff told him.
Gary Johnson
Quote:

Yes or No

[will disappear and not answer the question because ALL of this is to distract America from this very important answer]

Joe Biden is clean here, the call to push out Shokin was multinational. Burisma was being protected by Shokin therefore put in greater danger with a non corrupt replacement.

It was certainly a bad look for H Biden to be involved, but to believe wrong doing by J Biden you'd have to believe:

A) Shokin was clean. He wasn't
B) Shokin waa going after Burisma. He wasn't
C) Tens of billions of dollars of IMF and EU aid was being withheld on the Shokin condition all for Hunter's gain. This position was shared by the US ambassador, state department, and president. All in an absurd "tail wags dog" conspiracy to protect a 6 figure salary board membership for the VP's son.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Cool

Now defend all of Hunters other bag man jobs where he conveniently benefitted from daddy being able to leverage US policy

Start with China next

After all, not even a smidgeon of corruption
Gary Johnson
Move your own goal posts you don't need my help.

Did Trump demand anything of Ukraine that didn't help him personally? If he's really a corruption fighting superhero this should be the case. The "public announcement" requirement is the tell.
Ag with kids
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Quote:

Yes or No

Joe Biden is clean here, the call to push out Shokin was multinational. Burisma was being protected by Shokin therefore put in greater danger with a non corrupt replacement.

It was certainly a bad look for H Biden to be involved, but to believe wrong doing by J Biden you'd have to believe:

A) Shokin was clean. He wasn't
B) Shokin waa going after Burisma. He wasn't
C) Tens of billions of dollars of IMF and EU aid was being withheld on the Shokin condition all for Hunter's gain. This position was shared by the US ambassador, state department, and president. All in an absurd "tail wags dog" conspiracy to protect a 6 figure salary board membership for the VP's son.

You don't have to believe A). Shokin could still be dirty and the Biden's still guilty

It's possible Shokin WAS investigating Burisma. Not all investigations are held in the wide open.

You don't have to believe C). Biden specifically mentioned US aid being withheld.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Move your own goal posts you don't need my help.

Did Trump demand anything of Ukraine that didn't help him personally? If he's really a corruption fighting superhero this should be the case. The "public announcement" requirement is the tell.

That's what an investigation is for

You're essentially saying we can't investigate a suspicious and corrupt act by a Dem because all Dems are innocent angels trust us they said so themselves

Sorry your boy isn't above the law and his pay for play corruption will be exposed
Gary Johnson
Quote:

You're essentially saying we can't investigate a suspicious and corrupt act by a Dem because all Dems are innocent angels trust us they said so themselves

Yeah that's a pretty bad interpretive dance here. Hunter Biden came in after the Zlochevsky crimes, was never under investigation in Ukraine or the US. J Biden's actions were a threat to Zlochevsky if anything. There's nothing here.
nortex97
AG
Vindman's anti-American attitudes clear back in 2012-2013; (via gateway pundit)

Quote:

Vindman, who was a Major at the time, was sitting in one of the classrooms talking to the US and Russian Soldiers, as well as the young Officers & GS Employees about America, Russia, & Obama. He was apologetic of American culture, laughed about Americans not being educated or worldly, & really talked up Obama & globalism to the point of uncomfortable. He would speak w/the Russian Soldiers & laugh as if at the expense of the US personnel. It was so uncomfortable & unprofessional, one of the GS employees came & told me everything above. I walked over & sat w/in earshot of Vindman, & sure enough, all was confirmed. One comment truly struck me as odd, & it was w/respect to American's falsely thinking they're exceptional, when he said, "He [Obama] is working on that now." And he said it w/a snide 'I know a secret' look on his face. I honestly don't know what it meant, it just sounded like an odd thing to say. Regardless, after hearing him bash America a few times in front of subordinates, Russians, & GS Employees, as well as, hearing an earful about globalization, Obama's plan, etcI'd had enough. I tapped him on the shoulder & asked him to step outside. At that point I verbally reprimanded him for his actions, & I'll leave it at that, so as not to be unprofessional myself. The bottom-line is LTC Vindman was a partisan Democrat at least as far back as 2012. So much so, junior officers & soldiers felt uncomfortable around him. This is not your professional, field-grade officer, who has the character & integrity to do the right thing. Do not let the uniform fool youhe is a political activist in uniform.
But the truth is that Nancy Pelosi knows Ciaramella and Vindman don't work to galvanize public support, so she's going to have to have Schiff pivot to other stuff.

Quote:

In effect, Ciaramella helped generate the "Putin fired Comey" narrative, according to the research dossier making the rounds in Congress, a copy of which was obtained by RealClearInvestigations.

Ciaramella allegedly argued that "President Putin suggested that President Trump fire Comey," the report said. "In the days after Comey's firing, this presidential action was used to further political and media calls for the standup [sic] of the special counsel to investigate 'Russia collusion.'"

What we're talking about now is taking us into a whole other class of objection to what the president has done. And there may be other there were 11 obstruction of justice provisions in the Mueller report. Perhaps some of them will be part of this.
I don't think Trump feels much pressure though. All of the coup shenanigans have been such epic fails, since January 2017, he is just gonna keep slowly hinting at declassification and waiting for Barr/Durham.
MetoliusAg
For a career establishment R who allegedly isn't a part of a Deep State coup against Trump, Morrison's sworn deposition did a helluva job at:

-- providing new testimony which lays the illegal quid pro quo extortion/ bribery plot directly at the feet of Trump and Giuliani; and

-- confirming the sworn testimony of Taylor, Vindman, Hill, and Yovanovitch.

mrad85
AG
MetoliusAg said:

For a career establishment R who allegedly isn't a part of a Deep State coup against Trump, Morrison's sworn deposition did a helluva job at:

-- providing new testimony which lays the illegal quid pro quo extortion/ bribery plot directly at the feet of Trump and Giuliani; and

Why don't you get the dems to just release the entire testimony so we can base our opinion on "solid proof" rather than words from a Twitter warrior?

As I recall, you have stated in the past that you base your decisions on "solid proof"
Rockdoc
AG
Etcetera is all about fake news. Lib arguments won't stand the light of day.
nortex97
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Fake news, as usual.

Quote:

Tim Morrison, senior director for European affairs at the White House and the National Security Council, said that instead of being concerned with illegality in the call, he was wary about the memorandum of the conversation (MemCon) leaking to the media and how it would be perceived in Washington's polarized environment.

"I had three concerns about a potential leak of the MemCon: first, how it would play out in Washington's polarized environment; second, how a leak would affect the bipartisan support our Ukrainian partners currently experience in Congress; and third, how it would affect the Ukrainian perceptions of the U.S.Ukraine relationship," Morrison said, according to a copy of his opening statement obtained by CBS.

"I want to be clear, I was not concerned that anything illegal was discussed."

Morrison said he reviewed the transcript of the call released by the White House and said it "accurately and completely reflects the substance of the call."
fasthorse05

I'd be willing to bet everyone can agree on this, and end the thread. Aishah Hasnie, the overnight anchor on Fox, is worth of overnight truces. BTW, born in Lahore, Pakistan. Yeah, shocked me too!
will25u
EKUAg
AG
fasthorses05 said:

I'd be willing to bet everyone can agree on this, and end the thread. Aishah Hasnie, the overnight anchor on Fox, is worth of overnight truces. BTW, born in Lahore, Pakistan. Yeah, shocked me too!

She was on the Fox station here in Indy as the 4pm anchor until she took the job at Fox News.
Ag with kids
AG
will25u said:

Probably not under oath, though...
MetoliusAg
Interesting.

Rapier108
MetoliusAg said:

Interesting.
No, it isn't.
Tom Hagen
AG
It's not interesting, because the partisan hack with second hand information is not a "whistleblower". He is a deep state leaker.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Liberals desperate to keep the quicksand foundation of their "investigation" away from any scrutiny

They desperately needed to manufacture an excuse to launch "an investigation" and now they have to pretend said excuse was legitimate
BMX Bandit
I think it's very interesting. Thanks for posting Stephenville

Further evidence that Schiff and the Democrats know that their "whistleblower" would get hammered under cross-examination.

Depositions on the written questions are close to completely worthless.
nortex97
AG
If you work for the government and you want to unseat the POTUS based on falsehoods, you don't deserve anonymity.

List of leftist politicians/characters killed by 'right wing' people in the US:

1. Empty
BuddysBud
AG
Wow! 52 pages of nothing.
Schiff and Pelosi really think that the American people are idiots. They keep bringing witnesses to testify in secret to discuss their opinion about a phone call the transcript of which has been released to the public. Since I have read the transcript, I am as qualified to testify to Schiff as any of the Democrat hacks they they keep bringing in.
First Page Last Page
Page 51 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.