***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

897,508 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Pizza
aggieforester05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Meanwhile:

Swooosh.
So making this about sexism is sane? Do you even listen to the morons you support?
aggieforester05
AG
FriscoKid said:

dermdoc said:

A vote is never delayed when you have the votes.

I sounds like he just wants more eyeballs on the vote. The networks can interrupt morning shows and cover it live and then talk about how bad this is for the president.
But, I thought this was totally about the constitution and well being of our country and not politically motivated?
titan
S
dermdoc said:

After all this, they do not have the votes. It will be interesting to see if Pelosi can strong arm the reluctant Dems.
dermdoc,

On another thread it was plausibly argued that they do have the votes, they just didn't want their big finale for the nonsense to take place late at night (unlike the ram through vote for Obamacare for example). So Nadler adjourned so they could increase the odds of it being watched today. Makes sense.
titan
S
Oop -- FriscoKid weighed in first.
FriscoKid
AG
aggieforester05 said:

FriscoKid said:

dermdoc said:

I sounds like he just wants more eyeballs on the vote. The networks can interrupt morning shows and cover it live and then talk about how bad this is for the president.
But, I thought this was totally about the constitution and well being of our country and not politically motivated?

It's a prayerful event.
-Pelosi
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
aginlakeway
AG
dermdoc said:

I think they delayed the vote so that it wasn't taken at midnight.
aggiehawg
AG
titan said:

dermdoc said:

After all this, they do not have the votes. It will be interesting to see if Pelosi can strong arm the reluctant Dems.
dermdoc,

On another thread it was plausibly argued that they do have the votes, they just didn't want their big finale for the nonsense to take place late at night (unlike the ram through vote for Obamacare for example). So Nadler adjourned so they could increase the odds of it being watched today. Makes sense.
Which is surprising to me that Nadler wasn't given the authority to cut off debate after a reasonable time and hold the vote last night during primetime. Pelosi was pretty thorough with her changing of the rules last January. Granted, she missed the minority day of hearings but the rules she passed in September giving Schiff authority and then Nadler should have anticipated the stalemate and empowered him to break it, at his discretion.

Everything was specifically left to Schiff's discretion, why not Nadler? Curious.
dermdoc
AG
Y'all may be right but it would be front page news whenever the vote was taken. We shall see.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BrokeAssAggie
aginlakeway said:

dermdoc said:

Yes, Will the House vote on it later today? Collins was pissed last night and said, people have flights booked. I assume the original plan was to have it pass the Judiciary committee last night/early morning and move to the House floor vote this morning with folks going home around lunch time. Now it seems this will drag into the afternoon or evening and everyone has to change their travel plans.
MetoliusAg
U.S. Naval War College prof Tom Nichols was a lifelong Repub until the GOP's corrupt & unprincipled subservience to Trump turned Nichols into an ex-Republican and staunch Never-Trumper:

Ulysses90
AG
The House Democrats' impeachment campaign is in political terms the equivalent of laying siege on Stalingrad. It's now dawning on them that they are now encircled and have been forbidden by their insane fuhrer from seeking to breakout and withdraw. The opinion polls on public support for the impeachment is the arrival of winter and the outcome is a foregone conclusion. What else can they do? They became "decisively engaged" and are confronting the consequences of their error.

The dirty and uncivilized tactics that the Democrats have employed in their bloodlust to get Trump have sown the seeds of their own destruction. A year after the defeat at Stalingrad the Germans army reaped the full consequences. I hope the military history buffs among the Democrats appreciate that the failure of Operation Barbarossa resulted in Operation Bagration. If the feckless Republican leadership in Congress surprises me and takes appropriate action I will enjoy watching the Democrat party suffer the political equivalent of Operation Bagration followed by the judicial equivalent of the Nuremburg trials for their thoroughly corrupt leadership. Firings, prosecutions, convictions, and disbarments on a massive scale are an appropriate response to an attempted coup against the will of the electorate and the Constitution.
titan
S
CrazyRichAggie said:

aginlakeway said:

dermdoc said:

Yes, Will the House vote on it later today? Collins was pissed last night and said, people have flights booked. I assume the original plan was to have it pass the Judiciary committee last night/early morning and move to the House floor vote this morning with folks going home around lunch time. Now it seems this will drag into the afternoon or evening and everyone has to change their travel plans.
Which points out another reason that even from their pov it is a mistake. They are not the only ones travelling and heading out on a Friday. People will pay LESS attention to their moment then ever. It will just be background. A close to midnight conclusion last night would at least have been this mornings's first news. Fortunately that is Boris's victory in Britain instead. (On that subject, kind of funny and telling how little play it is getting in the portals)
YNWA_AG
AG
How delusional are you?
Post removed:
by user
Wildcat
AG
MetoliusAg said:

U.S. Naval War College prof Tom Nichols was a lifelong Repub until the GOP's corrupt & unprincipled subservience to Trump turned Nichols into an ex-Republican and staunch Never-Trumper:

What an ignorant take. This is like saying I know that when the dust settles, I'm getting the house and the kids, so I shouldn't be upset that my soon to be ex-husband is dragging me through the mud.

Tom is no scholar, not that you would be able to discern that.
Joe Exotic
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Uh, most of this board seems jovial in its ridicule and future GOP prospects.
aggieforester05
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Do you think the Democrats that are impeaching Trump are not corrupt and principled?

Maybe they're salty because the Democrats are so blatantly corrupt and unprincipled. We have a group of lying scum bags trying their best to destroy America. Maybe just maybe, Republicans don't want a group of people who loathe everything America stands for to have so much power over it's governance.
Joe Exotic
AG
YNWA_AG said:

How delusional are you?

He claims Carter was one of our greatest presidents and wasn't trolling. That tells you all you need to know.
MetoliusAg
Also happening today:

The wheels of justice grind slowly but finely.
Rockdoc
AG
And you're not gonna like the way they grind in 2020. Enjoy!
Joe Exotic
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Also happening today:

The wheels of justice grind slowly but finely.

I'm sure you'll consider the correct ruling if it doesn't go your way.
ClassOf17
This is so annoying. When is the vote?
MetoliusAg
God bless you, Mz. Demings. Good to see there are still patriotic Americans who defend the Constitution from its many enemies within and outside our country.

Wildmen06
AG
Does it matter when the vote is? You already know what is going to happen?
FriscoKid
AG
ClassOf17 said:

Full house vote is next week. Committee just voted along straight party line to send it to Nancy.
FriscoKid
AG
Trump is an enemy of this country?

Dude, we are thriving inside and out and you damn well know it.
tremble
AG
MetoliusAg said:

Tom Nichols is as "conservative" as Jenn Rubin is, which is to say not at all.

Literally the only policy plank that he agrees with the GOP on is a muscular foreign policy. There's a twitter takedown of just how NOT conservative he actually is.
titan
S

And if Carter is the benchmark, that "muscular foreign policy" is probably the kind saddled with ROEs that do not win a war, and make them last decades.
BrokeAssAggie
FriscoKid said:

ClassOf17 said:

Full house vote is next week. Committee just voted along straight party line to send it to Nancy.
They are not in session again until after New Years.
backintexas2013
AG
You ever going to go back and discuss FISA and the dossier?
FriscoKid
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

FriscoKid said:

ClassOf17 said:

They are voting next week.
BrokeAssAggie
FriscoKid said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

FriscoKid said:

ClassOf17 said:

Where did you see that?
ClassOf17
MetoliusAg said:

Maybe because dems have spent three years throwing **** at the wall seeing if anything sticks. Three years of lying and corruption while blatantly ignoring anything their party does all because they don't like the President that was voted in by the people of the country.

Democrats have turned everything into a giant clown show that is keeping Trump and many others from doing the elected service of actually making the country better all because of their selfish desires.

Maybe that's why they're salty. But what do I know. I'm just a 20 something middle class man that didn't really care about politics until non-stop courage of "orange man bad."
aggieforester05
AG
MetoliusAg said:

God bless you, Mz. Demings. Good to see there are still patriotic Americans who defend the Constitution from its many enemies within and outside our country.

Where were "patriots" like her in the Democrat party when Obama was ****ting on the constitution? The answer is that she is not a patriot but a partisan hack who defends the enemies within our country.

ETA: Do you really think God would choose a bunch of lying atheist abortion supporting pilferous heathen Democrats in this battle? These morons are impeaching a president for investigating their corruption. You don't get much more corrupt than that.
FriscoKid
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

FriscoKid said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

FriscoKid said:

ClassOf17 said:

Where did you see that?

All the news stations. Fox News specifically. Vote before Christmas. Senate gets it next year.
First Page Last Page
Page 158 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.