Remember when they said "gay" marriage wont affect you?

13,056 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ag4coal
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reason #2,635,524 it does.

http://m.ncregister.com/blog/reilly/yet-another-lawsuit-against-the-church

Quote:

The Archdiocese of Indianapolis is the target of yet another lawsuit this one from a guidance counselor whose contract to help form students at Roncalli High School was not renewed for the coming school year, because she entered into a same-sex marriage.

With this and other similar disputes in Catholic schools, Archbishop Charles Thompson is clearly under assault. And the same fight is coming to every bishop and every Catholic school and college that courageously upholds the mission of Catholic education as well as those schools and colleges that carelessly go forward without clear and consistent Catholic policies, thereby opening the doors wide to ideological activists and legal trouble.

AGHouston11
AG
The Illinois Governor just mandated schools teach LGBTQ history............

commando2004
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Do they teach that the AIDS epidemic was Reagan's fault?
Post removed:
by user
Bulldog73
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Wow. How non-PC. Mandating that the historical facts of LGBTQ rates of suicide, mental illness, STDs, substance abuse, serial killing, pedophilia and societal disruption be taught to young impressionable minds is bold. I imagine the LGBTQ communities are not going to be happy with this.
Kashchei
AG
"How many of you reside within the Diocese of Indianapolis?" /libs
e=mc2
AG
Bulldog73 said:

AGHouston11 said:

Wow. How non-PC. Mandating that the historical facts of LGBTQ rates of suicide, mental illness, STDs, substance abuse, serial killing, pedophilia and societal disruption be taught to young impressionable minds is bold. I imagine the LGBTQ communities are not going to be happy with this.
Don't expect it to be real information. It will be laced with rainbows and unicorn farts.
MouthBQ98
AG
How is that any different from...history? What about different identity groups' histories make them special? In all but a few cases, there's not much to tell.
Bulldog73
AG
e=mc2 said:

Bulldog73 said:

AGHouston11 said:

Don't expect it to be real information. It will be laced with rainbows and unicorn farts.
Oh. The use of the term "history" must have confused me. You see history is the recording and application of objective facts, not subjective "truth." So if the Illinois governor is going to require the teaching of history, it necessarily requires the teaching of real facts, not the indoctrination of a political agenda using sophistry and highly selective and misused statistics. I stand corrected.
Boo Weekley
Bulldog73 said:

e=mc2 said:

Bulldog73 said:

AGHouston11 said:

Oh. The use of the term "history" must have confused me. You see history is the recording and application of objective facts, not subjective "truth." So if the Illinois governor is going to require the teaching of history, it necessarily requires the teaching of real facts, not the indoctrination of a political agenda using sophistry and highly selective and misused statistics. I stand corrected.
Real LGBTQ history will never be taught in any school. They will just talk about how "heroic" it is to fornicate with members of the same sex.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
PCC_80
AG
Quote:

contract to help form students at Roncalli High School was not renewed
Sounds like they were not Fired, just not renewed for another year. Probably happens every year. They might have sucked at their job.

Unfortunately they are playing the "Gay Card" and the Libs don't like any Religion so Rrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee.
Paladin05
AG
The issue here is not same-sex marriage. It's whether the law allows religious institutions to make employment decisions based on their religious beliefs. It either does or doesn't regardless of whether gays can marry.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Bulldog73 said:

AGHouston11 said:

I have a buddy from grad school who recently published groundbreaking research on the AIDS epidemic that showed AIDS isn't solely derived from HIV and proved heavy drug use as a vector for AIDS. Popular gay party drugs as 'innocent' as abusing whippets were linked to AIDS without contracting HIV. AIDS is just a label for a immunodeficiency syndrome, HIV is just a virus. You can get HIV and it not cause AIDS. You can get AIDS without having HIV.

You think this new information would be rejoiced within the LGBT community? Oh hell no. He and his research advisor got death threats from all kinds of crazy LGBT people and advocates. People who had dedicated zero time of their life to health policy and metadata research telling this team how it 'really works.'

Unbelievable.

If a research university can't publish without a backlash, what chance does a high school curriculum have for painting the real picture vs what the twitter mob says is acceptable?

BMX Bandit
PaulC_80 said:

Quote:

contract to help form students at Roncalli High School was not renewed
Sounds like they were not Fired, just not renewed for another year. Probably happens every year. They might have sucked at their job.

Unfortunately they are playing the "Gay Card" and the Libs don't like any Religion so Rrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee.
its not disputed that her contract was not renewed because of the gay marriage.
tysker
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Found the course outline:
https://www.utexas.edu/about/history-and-traditions
Know Your Enemy
AG
So how does this affect your quality of life?
YouBet
AG
I guess the Catholic Church will be the last holdout on this issue. It seems all the other denominations are giving in or experiencing a schism.

It must be confusing and stressful for folks that attend these churches where it happens. There is a church down the street from us that now has a permanent gay pride flag draped over their main sign along with an additional sign making it clear they are a gay church and then on top of that they have a gay pride Jewish sign.

So, it's a gay Christian/Jewish church. Most confusing damn thing I've seen in a while.
Ellis Wyatt
Junkhead said:

We care about freedom. Sorry you don't.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Junkhead said:

It was an honest question. How does this affect your freedom?
Actual Talking Thermos
one MEEN Ag said:

Bulldog73 said:

AGHouston11 said:

I have a buddy from grad school who recently published groundbreaking research on the AIDS epidemic that showed AIDS isn't solely derived from HIV and proved heavy drug use as a vector for AIDS. Popular gay party drugs as 'innocent' as abusing whippets were linked to AIDS without contracting HIV. AIDS is just a label for a immunodeficiency syndrome, HIV is just a virus. You can get HIV and it not cause AIDS. You can get AIDS without having HIV.

You think this new information would be rejoiced within the LGBT community? Oh hell no. He and his research advisor got death threats from all kinds of crazy LGBT people and advocates. People who had dedicated zero time of their life to health policy and metadata research telling this team how it 'really works.'

Unbelievable.

If a research university can't publish without a backlash, what chance does a high school curriculum have for painting the real picture vs what the twitter mob says is acceptable?

Where was this published? Can we get a link? Do you have to be gay for nitrous oxide to give you AIDS, or do dental patients need to be worried?
Rapier108
Paladin05 said:

The issue here is not same-sex marriage. It's whether the law allows religious institutions to make employment decisions based on their religious beliefs. It either does or doesn't regardless of whether gays can marry.
And the Supreme Court has ruled previously that religious institutions can fire or refuse to hire someone who does not practice said religion or agree to follow its beliefs.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Tanya 93
It still doesn't
nu awlins ag
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Kashchei said:

"How many of you reside within the Diocese of Indianapolis?" /libs
That is a Tanya post if I ever saw one. Just missing something random, like "Bennie likes pulled pork sliders".
wbt5845
AG
Tanya 93 said:

It still doesn't
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Faustus
YouBet said:

I guess the Catholic Church will be the last holdout on this issue. It seems all the other denominations are giving in or experiencing a schism.

It must be confusing and stressful for folks that attend these churches where it happens. There is a church down the street from us that now has a permanent gay pride flag draped over their main sign along with an additional sign making it clear they are a gay church and then on top of that they have a gay pride Jewish sign.

So, it's a gay Christian/Jewish church. Most confusing damn thing I've seen in a while.
Probably all feel good and inclusive.
Suckers.
Actual Talking Thermos
Ervin Burrell said:

Gotta love an institution that systematically covers up the rape of boys telling someone they aren't worthy/moral enough to work for them because of who they decided to marry.
Not just boys, don't forget nuns!
Boo Weekley
one MEEN Ag said:

Unbelievable.

I'd like to see a link to this study sometime if you don't mind. Even recent studies seem to indicate that AIDS can only develop after having HIV.
BMX Bandit
who are the priests in Indianapolis molesting kids today? Since you started this derail, surely you have that information.
tysker
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Junkhead said:

The only political party that actually advocates for personal freedom, the Libertarian Party, supported gay marriage from its inception.
one MEEN Ag
AG
ActualTalkingThermos said:

one MEEN Ag said:

Bulldog73 said:

AGHouston11 said:

Unbelievable.

Where was this published? Can we get a link? Do you have to be gay for nitrous oxide to give you AIDS, or do dental patients need to be worried?
The link wasn't about a casual relation with AIDS and nitrious oxide. It was that if you abused drugs so much and so frequently it will suppress your immune system's ability to fight off diseases/infections. So much so that even if you abused something as so innocuous as nitrous oxide hard enough, you will compromise your immune system. (We're talking Steve-o level, thousands of cans everywhere). When people think about AIDS through drug use its usually through sharing needles with someone who has HIV, but there are other vectors.You have AIDS when immune response markers in your blood drops below a certain threshold. HIV is one way for that to happen as it attacks your immune system, but they are discovering more.

I'd rather not publish the link directly on this forum since I've shared that him and his research advisor have gotten threatened by people before. They probably don't want that public.

If you are seriously interested, I've just asked for the easiest way to view dissertation and I can pull this conversation into PMs. His dissertation might still be embargoed as well (welcome to academia, where everything is on a 24 month delay).

nu awlins ag
AG
Bingo....
Kashchei
AG
Sure didn't take long for the Catholic bashers to show up and derail. Like clockwork.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Still no one has been able to give me an answer as to how this negatively impacts anyone here.
I don't know if this affects anyone here at this point.

But the issue is that people ranted and raved about it not having any effect on anything, etc. etc. Now you see the movement (as predicted by many) trying to have an effect on everything.

Maybe these parents in Indianapolis want to send their kids to a school that doesn't have gay teachers. Should they not have that option?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.