Sip McConaughey: "Take one for the team", "Give up your ARs"

11,229 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Patriot101
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/03/30/matthew-mcconaughey-take-one-team-give-assault-weapons/

Quote:

While speaking at the Austin, Texas, student march for gun control on Saturday actor Matthew McConaughey urged law-abiding gun owners to "take one for the team" and give up their "assault weapons."
People magazine quoted McConaughey as saying, "Let's ban the assault weapons for civilians. This is a no-brainer. And to my friends out there that are responsible owners of these recreational assault weapons that they use for recreation, please let's just take one for the team here and set it down. That issue saves lives."

The march was one of many sister marches held in connection with last week's Washington D.C. student march for gun control.

McConaughey also called for a ban on "high capacity" magazines, according to People, saying, "Let's restrict the capacity of the magazines. Look here: in the state of Texas, we have a three shell limit to hunt migratory birds. Do the math. You get my point."
Let me help you out there slick, um NO!
oldcrow91
AG
Is this where he cuts off his dick to prevent rape?
oldcrow91
AG
Matthew, after you do that, they will want you to cut off your fingers next.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Can we all bury our "assault weapons" at the foot of his placenta tree?

Teasip weirdo
Rapier108
Hey McConaughey, **** off.
UTExan
Take one for the team. Give up your so-called acting career
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
riverrataggie
AG
I don't want to be a part of that team. So no.
benchmark
AG
Prognightmare said:

McConaughey, "Let's ban the assault weapons for civilians. This is a no-brainer. And to my friends out there that are responsible owners of these recreational assault weapons that they use for recreation, please let's just take one for the team here and set it down. That issue saves lives."

"Let's restrict the capacity of the magazines. Look here: in the state of Texas, we have a three shell limit to hunt migratory birds. Do the math. You get my point."
So, does anyone know any AR owners (or know anyone that knows anyone) that would willingly take McConaughy's advise? Honest question.
ProgN
I don't
PrincessButtercup
AG
benchmark said:

Prognightmare said:

McConaughey, "Let's ban the assault weapons for civilians. This is a no-brainer. And to my friends out there that are responsible owners of these recreational assault weapons that they use for recreation, please let's just take one for the team here and set it down. That issue saves lives."

"Let's restrict the capacity of the magazines. Look here: in the state of Texas, we have a three shell limit to hunt migratory birds. Do the math. You get my point."
So, does anyone know any AR owners (or know anyone that knows anyone) that would willingly take McConaughy's advise? Honest question.

I wouldn't take his advice on what car to buy let alone how I'm going to exercise my second amendment right.
ProgN
No but I did like this rebuttal

agent-maroon
AG
I would probably feel the need to argue if this idiot tried to tell me what time it was standing in full view of the atomic clock.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Old Sarge
AG
Matthew,

Please take one for the team and for the love of all that is holy, stop it with the stOOpid (double barrel stupid) Lincoln commercials.

Thank you,

The Team
Green is the new RED.
IDAGG
AG
Prognightmare said:

Quote:

Oh great, in his future world will have three-shooters.

I can just see John Wayne..."Drop the gun pilgrim before I empty my three-shooter in you"
IDAGG
AG
And now Russian Roulette just got twice as dangerous.
BigHitterDaLama
"hey radical muslims, please put down your car/truck keys."

Wyoming Aggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Quote:

While speaking at the Austin, Texas, student march for gun control on Saturday actor Matthew McConaughey urged law-abiding gun owners to "take one for the team" and give up their "assault weapons."
People magazine quoted McConaughey as saying, "Let's ban the assault weapons for civilians. This is a no-brainer. And to my friends out there that are responsible owners of these recreational assault weapons that they use for recreation, please let's just take one for the team here and set it down. That issue saves lives."

The march was one of many sister marches held in connection with last week's Washington D.C. student march for gun control.

McConaughey also called for a ban on "high capacity" magazines, according to People, saying, "Let's restrict the capacity of the magazines. Look here: in the state of Texas, we have a three shell limit to hunt migratory birds. Do the math. You get my point."

How are responsible gun owners laying down their arms saving lives?
45-70Ag
AG
Come take it Matthew
I'll give you the ammo first
bobbranco
AG
Psy's all over the internet. Like Matt. You have that.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
You don't like ARs? ...... be a lot cooler if you did.
deddog
AG
RockTXAggie said:

How are responsible gun owners laying down their arms saving lives?
It's not.
Are you trying to use logic with liberals?
benchmark
AG
Prognightmare said:

McConaughey "Look here: in the state of Texas, we have a three shell limit to hunt migratory birds. Do the math. You get my point."
If ducks had guns, Texans would have belt-fed fully automatic shotguns.
45-70Ag
AG
I hope palmetto state armory and all the other ar companies experience incredible sales numbers this weekend.
mwp02ag
AG
All these silly virtue signaling elites don't realize we're not a bunch of ******* because they are a bunch of ******* and it's all they know.

They can't imagine how we will form up and march, not how many of us there truly are, if these histerics ever truly gain any momentum in Washington.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Doesn't sound as good if they were honest and said "give up your basic varmiting ranch rifle that's been modded to look scary because....well....it looks scary!"
PLUM LOCO
AG
Matt needs to stick to what he knows...like playing bongos naked.
Laser Wolf
I'll turn in my guns when little matty stops taking his shirt off.

We both know that's never going to happen.
96AgGrad
AG
Still can't believe he's from Uvalde.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Why should I listen to this dip**** who doesn't know what the hell hes talkin' about anyway?
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Look here: in the state of Texas, we have a three shell limit to hunt migratory birds. Do the math. You get my point."
It's a federal law, not a state law, genius. And no, I don't get your point. There's a huge difference between a species being hunted by millions, and shootings committed by a handful of losers.
Gigem314
AG
"Say man, you got an assault rifle? It'd be a whole lot cooler if you didn't!"
CanyonAg77
AG
Wonder if anyone ever uses ARs on his canned hinting ranch.

Be cool if everyone starting boycotting it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/matthew-mcconaughunt/
Quote:

Actor Matthew McConaughey, a former spokesman for the Beef: It's What's for Dinner ad campaign, co-owns a ranch that sells canned hunts. According to his company's website, We at LP Ranch pride ourselves with our whitetail deer hunts.

McConaughey purchased the LP Ranch in 2001. Six years later, the ranch decided it was time to expand by selling canned hunts. For visitors spending the night, the ranch offers Old West accommodations with a modern touch so that after the hunt, our guests can feel assured to eat some great meals and relax in all out comfort (unlike the animals who they killed for fun that day).

MookieBlaylock
AG
AR = Assault Rifle

Can't repeat this enough
PrincessButtercup
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

AR = Assault Rifle

Can't repeat this enough

I hope you mean AR does NOT equal assault rifle..
ProgN
I suspect he does. I used ARs in my thread title for 1) ease 2) libs think that's what AR stands for.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.