*****Official Funny Political Tweet Thread*****

9,889,914 Views | 79775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Psycho Bunny
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
annie88 said:

This stuff was so disgusting. I don't understand how anyone drank it.

Remember when Diet Coke first came out and people became addicted to them, drinking 8-12 a day?

Same with the Tab. It was addictive. Had an aunt who guzzled down those Tabs like water. Anytime they came for a visit, she'd bring a case or two with her.
annie88
AG
aggiehawg said:

annie88 said:

Remember when Diet Coke first came out and people became addicted to them, drinking 8-12 a day?

Same with the Tab. It was addictive. Had an aunt who guzzled down those Tabs like water. Anytime they came for a visit, she'd bring a case or two with her.

I have never liked diet drinks because I can't stand artificial sweetener. I'm a big water drinker anyway, but I would drink water before any diet drink.

If I'm going to get a 'Coke', I get a real Coke. But I do buy the small little half cans.

I remember in high school in the early 80s many of my friends loving diet Dr Pepper, called it DDP. I thought it was disgusting. Of course I don't like real Dr Pepper much either, too sweet.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Biz Ag
AG
annie88 said:

It wasn't discontinued until 2020. Central Market used to carry it.

Edit: Reminds me of a scene in "Back to the Future":

Marty goes into the soda shop and the guy behind the counter asks him what he wants.

"Give me a Pepsi Free."

"Listen kid, if you want something you're going to have to pay for it."

"Okay, then I'll have a Tab."

"A tab? You haven't ordered anything yet."
Rongagin71
AG
Tab was best a producing magnificent burps.
annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Sethtevious
CanyonAg77 said:

ravingfans said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Rongagin71 said:

Ag with kids said:

The survey doesn't include the suicides.
Took me a bit to put 2 and 2 together

Too clever for me, or maybe I'm just out of touch--whats the connection?

In WWII, they did a survey of planes returning from missions, marking on a chart like the one above, where they were hit by enemy fighters. The idea was to figure out where to add protection or armor

The problem was the survey was only done on planes that made it home It was not done on planes that got shot down (duh) so the survey was useless. What was needed was data on where planes were hit and shot down, not where they were hit and survived.

Just like a survey that doesn't include trans suicides
And here I was, wondering why that aircraft had monkeypox, and how that applied to the happiness of mentally ill people. Thank you for the explanation.
Sethtevious
Ulysses90 said:

The example I provided was trying to illustrate that adding armor to aircraft or humans may lower survivability if it decreases speed or maneuverability. There's a point of diminishing return for armor. It was David's dilemma when Saul offered him his armor to face Goliath.
David actually had the advantage over Goliath. David was a slinger, Goliath was infantry. Slingers beat infantry in ancient warfare. We're not even getting into the evidence that Goliath suffered from acromegaly (gigantism) that put pressure on his optic nerve and made him functionally blind, hence his need for a shield carrier to guide him on the battlefield.
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
White House Issues Condemnation Of Attack Biden Funded

WASHINGTON, D.C. The White House issued this morning an unequivocal condemnation of the horrific terrorist attacks in Israel that were funded by President Biden.
"The Biden Administration denounces the terrible atrocities being committed with the six billion dollars President Biden gave Hamas" said Secretary of State Anthony Blinken. "We are deeply saddened by the deaths caused by every missile purchased with money from the Biden administration."
As sickening videos emerged of terrorists carrying out executions of women and children, Hamas issued a statement thanking President Biden for sponsoring their invasion. "We could never have killed, raped and tortured all these innocent people without the help of Joe Biden," said Hamas leader Mohammed Deif. "Just one month ago, Biden funneled six billion dollars to us through Iran -- and now look where we are today. Thanks, Joe."
At publishing time, members of the Squad were seen gathered in their Hamas soccer jerseys with bags of popcorn.

Courtesy of The Babylon Bee
Aggie12B
AG
Ag83
AG
TexAgs91
AG
Aggie12B said:

Speaking of which, has he been arrested yet? Censured? Anything?
Ag83
AG
BusterAg
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Aggie12B said:

Speaking of which, has he been arrested yet? Censured? Anything?
If I was retired, I am pretty sure I would take a tour of the capitol building and pull the fire alarm.
hunter2012
AG
tk111
AG
Sethtevious said:

Ulysses90 said:

The example I provided was trying to illustrate that adding armor to aircraft or humans may lower survivability if it decreases speed or maneuverability. There's a point of diminishing return for armor. It was David's dilemma when Saul offered him his armor to face Goliath.
David actually had the advantage over Goliath. David was a slinger, Goliath was infantry. Slingers beat infantry in ancient warfare. We're not even getting into the evidence that Goliath suffered from acromegaly (gigantism) that put pressure on his optic nerve and made him functionally blind, hence his need for a shield carrier to guide him on the battlefield.
Riiiiight...this is why literally no one else among the Hebrews would go anywhere near him while he stood by himself out in the open taunting them for weeks on end...because they didn't have anyone that could sling a weapon of any kind at an obviously blind decrepit giant. Cmon man. And shield bearers for warrior leadership were extremely commonplace from antiquity through the middle ages. Had absolutely nothing to do with poor eyesight.
CanyonAg77
AG
It takes nothing from the bravery of David or God's support for David to acknowledge that the ancient Hebrews used organized units of guys slinging rocks routinely in battle.

https://www.wayoflife.org/reports/the_slingers_of_ancient_warfare.php

Quote:

"A sling works by increasing the effective length of a stone-thrower's arm. Modern cricket bowlers or baseball pitchers can achieve maximum ball velocities of over 150 kilometres per hour. A slingshot as long again as the thrower's arm will double the projectile's speed, making the velocity of the bullet when it leaves the sling nearly 100 metres per second. This is already considerably greater than that of a longbow arrow, at only about 60 mps.

Intensively trained from childhood onward, there is no reason to believe that a professional slinger could not beat 100 mps (meters per second) fairly easily and perhaps even begin to approach the muzzle velocity of a .45 calibre pistol round: about 150 mps. What is more, a smooth slingshot projectile has a far greater range than an arrow, as much as half a kilometre, because an arrow's flight feather's produce so much drag.

The modern world-record distance for a stone cast with a sling was achieved by Larry Bray in 1981, who managed 437 metres, and thought in retrospect that he could surpass the 600-metre mark with a better sling and lead projectiles" (Paul Kriwaczek, Babylon: Mesopotamia and the Birth of Civilization, Kindle location 1633).
Ag83
AG
oh no
AG
tk111
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

It takes nothing from the bravery of David or God's support for David to acknowledge that the ancient Hebrews used organized units of guys slinging rocks routinely in battle.

Quote:

"A sling works by increasing the effective length of a stone-thrower's arm. Modern cricket bowlers or baseball pitchers can achieve maximum ball velocities of over 150 kilometres per hour. A slingshot as long again as the thrower's arm will double the projectile's speed, making the velocity of the bullet when it leaves the sling nearly 100 metres per second. This is already considerably greater than that of a longbow arrow, at only about 60 mps.

Intensively trained from childhood onward, there is no reason to believe that a professional slinger could not beat 100 mps (meters per second) fairly easily and perhaps even begin to approach the muzzle velocity of a .45 calibre pistol round: about 150 mps. What is more, a smooth slingshot projectile has a far greater range than an arrow, as much as half a kilometre, because an arrow's flight feather's produce so much drag.

The modern world-record distance for a stone cast with a sling was achieved by Larry Bray in 1981, who managed 437 metres, and thought in retrospect that he could surpass the 600-metre mark with a better sling and lead projectiles" (Paul Kriwaczek, Babylon: Mesopotamia and the Birth of Civilization, Kindle location 1633).

Your first sentence is contradictory so Im not sure if you're trying to support my comment or not...

"Hebrews used organized units of guys slinging rocks routinely in battle", yet none of them engaged the giant save one - wouldn't this add to the bravery of David and God's support of David?

Edit - except I just realized my earlier comment was sarcastic in the first half, and not in the second...so I might have been the confusing one.
Sethtevious
tk111 said:

Sethtevious said:

Ulysses90 said:

Riiiiight...this is why literally no one else among the Hebrews would go anywhere near him while he stood by himself out in the open taunting them for weeks on end...because they didn't have anyone that could sling a weapon of any kind at an obviously blind decrepit giant. Cmon man. And shield bearers for warrior leadership were extremely commonplace from antiquity through the middle ages. Had absolutely nothing to do with poor eyesight.

No Hebrew approached Goliath in single combat because he was an effing giant, this isn't difficult to understand. No infantry soldier wanted to fight what was sure to be a losing battle to a giant. In ancient warfare, slingers beat infantry, infantry beat cavalry (see Braveheart), cavalry beat slingers. Pointing out that David had an unknown advantage doesn't somehow change the Biblical story, if anything it adds to it. The comment about his struggles with eyesight is noted by Gladwell, based on Goliath's order, "Come out where I can see you!!"
Sethtevious
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

I think people don't realize that when news accounts report so-called Palestinians (I do not acknowledge their claimed heritage) 'throwing rocks' at Israelis, they're using slings. It is why the response from Israelis sometimes comes in the form of bullets.
CanyonAg77
AG
Even without a sling, a rock can injure and kill. Just because you bring a rock to a gun fight doesn't mean I won't use my gun.
HtownAg92
AG
What thread is this?
Biz Ag
AG
The Squad in a nutshell.

Biz Ag
AG
Biz Ag
AG
justcallmeharry
S

Caveat - THIS IS NOT FUNNY, IT'S SAD.

eta - blm Chicago stands with Palestine...
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
CanyonAg77
AG
Looks like a slow moving exposed target to me
Ag with kids
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Looks like a slow moving exposed target to me
First Page Last Page
Page 1826 of 2280

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.