*****Official Funny Political Tweet Thread*****

9,879,302 Views | 79714 Replies | Last: 37 min ago by captkirk
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Tanya 93
justcallmeharry
S
justcallmeharry
S
wessimo
AG
captkirk said:

You have a weird sense of humor.
txislandag86
annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
aggiehawg
AG
aggiehawg
AG
rab79
AG
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
rab79
AG
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
pacecar02
Holly crap

rab79
AG
pacecar02 said:

Holly crap

MTG taking twitter lessons from Cruz, working on her phd...
NO AMNESTY!

Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
rab79
AG
NO AMNESTY!

aggiehawg
AG

Sadly true.
Biz Ag
AG
Tanya 93
Biz Ag
AG
The Brazos Kid

CanyonAg77
AG
Biz Ag said:

[The posts were removed because there were a lot of negative votes and the discussion was starting to take over the thread. -Staff]
CanyonAg77
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Biz Ag said:

[The posts were removed because there were a lot of negative votes and the discussion was derailing the thread. -Staff]

So, because ignorant people don't want the truth told about public knowledge of AIDS in 1981, you delete posts from people who lived through it?
cecil77
AG
Negative votes by whom? I would submit that it was the votes themselves that took the factual comments to a political level. Perhaps deleting the votes would have been more appropriate?
captkirk
AG
captkirk
AG
CanyonAg77
AG
cecil77 said:

Negative votes by whom? I would submit that it was the votes themselves that took the factual comments to a political level. Perhaps deleting the votes would have been more appropriate?

I agree it was very weird. We old farts weren't the ones derailing. We were providing context to the Tweet about be imagining AIDS passports in 1981.

If you weren't around then, you might not understand how terrifying AIDS was, when the transmission mechanism was not yet discovered.

My suspicion is that some special snowflakes interpreted the truth as some form of gay bashing. NOTHING was posted that was anti-gay. It was merely information explaining how little was known.
cecil77
AG
Yup, the fear was palpable and pervasive. My wife had a gay uncle. I wouldn't let him kiss nor hug my infant daughter. And everyone behaved that way.
CanyonAg77
AG
cecil77 said:

Yup, the fear was palpable and pervasive. My wife had a gay uncle. I wouldn't let him kiss nor hug my infant daughter. And everyone behaved that way.

I recall thinking at the time, that I hoped no one I cared about would come down with it. Because I had small children, I would likely not have visited with them to say my goodbyes.

I'd forgotten a lot of those times, but the parallels to our ignorance about COVID are strong
cecil77
AG
I had a reputable physician assure me it would kill a measurable percentage of the earth's population.

Don't know what the biggest lesson is:

* Doctors can be wrong

* There's no need to just down society, mandate masks, restrict movement nor any other NPI.

Squadron7
AG
For you younguns out there….The narrative for AIDS then and COVID now is virtually the same: Everyone is at a high and equal risk.

It was wrong then and it is wrong now. Us boomers have seen all of this before.
Demosthenes81
AG
cecil77 said:

One generation could hump anything that moved, then the next was afraid to sit on a public toilet. Truly a game changer.
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
TexAg1987
Start a new thread to discuss this if you want. This one is for posting funny memes.
aggiehawg
AG
Pro, I am sorry for the derail.
Tanya 93
First Page Last Page
Page 892 of 2278

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.