*****Official Funny Political Tweet Thread*****

9,115,174 Views | 74486 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Aggie12B
justcallmeharry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
justcallmeharry
S
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
MostlyHarmless
AG
ravingfans said:

Unfortunately Dr. McHugh is in a tiny minority within the world of psychiatry/psychology. Research gender dysphoria and you'll see what I mean. Pretty much every site you go to will say that gender dysphora refers to the "distress" caused by having a different gender identity than the sex you were "assigned" at birth. It's not that your mind doesn't accept what your body is but rather the "distress" that the difference causes. Often times possible treatment includes hormone therapy and/or surgery. In some states it is even illegal to try to convince a minor that they are the gender they were born with. We live in some dark times.
ravingfans
AG
MostlyHarmless
AG
ravingfans said:

Somewhere in Chicago: Lightfoot, Lightfoot, Light…
The rest of the city: NOOOOOOO……..
ravingfans
AG
ravingfans
AG
ravingfans
AG
annie88
AG
MostlyHarmless said:

annie88 said:

MostlyHarmless said:

annie88 said:

The funny thing about that is I saw a Lightyear and actually thought it was good, cute.

Much better than minions. And this kiss happened so quickly that it didn't even register with me when I watched it.

So it's funny that both sides are blaming the other side for whatever over something that probably lasted on screen millisecond.

They would show this couple in flashbacks maybe one or two at the most and again the kiss happened so fast I didn't even catch it.
The problem is that they felt they needed to include it in a kids' animated movie regardless of how long it lasted. They want our kids to get used to seeing it. A short kiss this time, next time longer, the next time married, etc.
They had her with two moms, I can't even remember if they qualified the other woman as "mom"

It was a very short flashback clip.

That's becoming more common now, also two dads. Whether you like it or not, it's reality these days and kids are going to see it, especially as they grow up. Even if close friends don't or you rarely see it where you live.

Disliking or not being comfortable with it is one thing, demonizing it is another. Can't shelter them forever.

It was very positive, btw.

JMO
Oh, it's definitely becoming more common. Unfortunately there is little I can do as an individual. I'm not looking to demonize anyone but why do these things have to be in kids' movies and why are people taking kids to drag shows?
It wasn't two women stripping. They were standing there showing love to their child. In a flashback. They exist in the world. Would you at least have the integrity to check out the scene in question?

How you can conflate the two is beyond me.

Drag shows are completely different. They are innately sexual.
annie88
AG
annie88
AG
annie88
AG
Same old Joe.

justcallmeharry
S
FrioAg 00
AG
The problem was perfectly articulated about a minutes into that drivel… "…take your pick…"

Yeah, that not how biology works
justcallmeharry
S
justcallmeharry
S
annie88
AG
annie88
AG
Danny Vermin

Ags4DaWin
annie88 said:

I take up that whole area in the middle.

That whole bar.

Yes,, yes you do.
ravingfans
AG
annie88 said:

Same old Joe.

Yep, reminds me of one of Michael Scott's diatribes...
nortex97
AG
Demosthenes81
AG
No problem mon.

Demosthenes81
AG
Truth

Buzzy
nortex97 said:

The article is filled with gold!!!

Quote:

"Sports were only developed for white people and they continue to keep white people protected," Ms. Robbins said. "People need to realize diversity and inclusion belongs anywhere, especially in sports."
Quote:

"I finally freaking feel like myself, and now society is asking me to change," Ms. Robbins, 27, of Alliston, Ontario, said as she choked back tears. "I just want to be able to ride."
Imagine believing equestrian represents society.

Quote:

It is not clear exactly how many riders are affected. The United States Equestrian Federation, one of the major governing bodies overseeing competitive horse sports, does not require its 447,000 members to disclose their race, and only about half do so. Of those, nearly 92 percent are white, with Black riders making up only 0.5 percent.
They're literally demanding manufacturers cater to the needs of the .5 percent. Apparently manufacturing an equestrian helmet takes several years because of the safety protocols that need to be followed, and there is a question if the effort is even worth it when it might not be profitable to provide helmets for (going by the above stats) 2,235 people. Can you justify creating molds and running a machine for so few people?

Quote:

The exchange with Ms. Qusen left Ms. Robbins in tears. She wondered if it was time to find a new sport, one that would make her feel like she mattered.

My favorite line from the article because it encompasses the mindset of entitlement. Instead of trying to find meaning and validation within herself, she is trying to find it in a sport, and blaming the sport when it doesn't happen. The problem isn't that her father ignored her for the first 19 years of her life, no, the problem is the helmet manufacturers!!

Reality is if this was a real problem, some black entrepreneur would have started their own company and met the need here. The fact that no one has done this shows you there are too few people to make this a profitable venture. I daresay if you can afford a horse, you can afford to have a custom helmet made for you.
Wild West Pimp Style
annie88
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

The problem was perfectly articulated about a minutes into that drivel… "…take your pick…"

Yeah, that not how biology works
I know I just meant she wasn't screaming at the top of her lungs and actually asked people to be nice. So, even though she was crazy in her theory, she didn't come across as crazy as they normally do personally.
ravingfans
AG
ravingfans
AG
ravingfans
AG
ravingfans
AG
ravingfans
AG
ravingfans
AG
Demosthenes81
AG
Aggie12B
AG
Aggie12B
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1510 of 2129

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.