*****Official Funny Political Tweet Thread*****

8,642,233 Views | 71779 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by CoppellAg93
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good morning, Ags. Good night, snowflakes.

drcrinum

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
oldarmy1 said:

never touch another mans face or hat
oldarmy1
AG
That's called turning the other "guys" cheek.
captkirk
AG
captkirk
AG
oldarmy1 said:

That move seems ill-advised
Tom Hagen
AG
biobioprof
siap

drcrinum

ProgN
drcrinum

stetson
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Nice save on the soy burger.
biobioprof
captkirk
AG
ProgN
drcrinum

aggiedata
AG
ProgN
will25u
annie88
AG

Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
biobioprof
PA24
AG
https://twitter.com/DeepStateExpose?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1066377907159879684&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Ftexags.com%2Fforums%2F15%2Ftopics%2F3004552
biobioprof
Tailgate88
AG
Is this the one you were trying to link?

CanyonAg77
AG
biobioprof said:

This is kind of interesting. I wonder if the blowup was because he was having an affair (an offense under UCMJ, I believe) not so much for using the plane.

These guys have to fly a certain amount every month to maintain currency. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with using those currency hours for travel. Instead of simply boring holes in the skies around the home field, why not do a XC?

Things have certainly changed in the last decades, but I have read accounts of John McCain, Chuck Yeager, and Robert Lee Scott (God is my Co-Pilot) who all used fighter and trainer aircraft to visit family and girlfriends. "Back in the Day" it was very common. Planes and fuel were cheap, and the military routinely allowed pilots to fly for personal use, to keep them in practice.

I think Yeager used to use military helicopters to take him to remote mountain fishing spots.

I was at Easterwood as a kid in the 1960s on a Saturday after an Aggie football game. There was a huge four engine prop transport on the apron, and it was firing up as we got in our plane. We were told that some Air Force brass were flying cross country, and "just happened" to need a fuel stop that coincided with the timing of that afternoon's football game.
biobioprof
CanyonAg77 said:

biobioprof said:

This is kind of interesting. I wonder if the blowup was because he was having an affair (an offense under UCMJ, I believe) not so much for using the plane.

These guys have to fly a certain amount every month to maintain currency. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with using those currency hours for travel. Instead of simply boring holes in the skies around the home field, why not do a XC?

Things have certainly changed in the last decades, but I have read accounts of John McCain, Chuck Yeager, and Robert Lee Scott (God is my Co-Pilot) who all used fighter and trainer aircraft to visit family and girlfriends. "Back in the Day" it was very common. Planes and fuel were cheap, and the military routinely allowed pilots to fly for personal use, to keep them in practice.

I think Yeager used to use military helicopters to take him to remote mountain fishing spots.

I was at Easterwood as a kid in the 1960s on a Saturday after an Aggie football game. There was a huge four engine prop transport on the apron, and it was firing up as we got in our plane. We were told that some Air Force brass were flying cross country, and "just happened" to need a fuel stop that coincided with the timing of that afternoon's football game.
When I moved here I heard Tx Air National Guard Ags would use those hours to fly into Easterwood and get burritos at Freebirds.
CanyonAg77
AG
A friend was a Vietnam era helo pilot, then in the guard when at A&M. He tells of putting his wife in a flight suit, and sneaking her into a Huey with him while he got his hours in. He also flew out to the nearby family farm and gave his parents rides.

NormanAg on the board tells about how many transit aircraft would show up at Cannon AFB (Clovis NM) when he was there. They had local Hispanic women who would cook Mexican food every Tuesday (or whenever) and planes would come from every area base.
ProgN
stetson
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

biobioprof said:

My guess would be the affair. The brother of one of my Corps buddies was an F-16 pilot stationed at Eglin. His squadron commander's son was also in the Corps. They would fly formation to Easterwood routinely to visit and load up with jerky from the Dixie Chicken to take back with them.

When I went into the Army Reserve I flew with some Vietnam veterans for the first time. I have lots of great stories about those guys! One of them grew up on a ranch and we would fly there to visit his parents, land next to their house and have an amazing home cooked lunch.
ProgN
captkirk
AG
Prognightmare said:

He makes a lot of sense
ProgN
Yep
Tailgate88
AG
stetson said:

CanyonAg77 said:

biobioprof said:

My guess would be the affair. The brother of one of my Corps buddies was an F-16 pilot stationed at Eglin. His squadron commander's son was also in the Corps. They would fly formation to Easterwood routinely to visit and load up with jerky from the Dixie Chicken to take back with them.

When I went into the Army Reserve I flew with some Vietnam veterans for the first time. I have lots of great stories about those guys! One of them grew up on a ranch and we would fly there to visit his parents, land next to their house and have an amazing home cooked lunch.
I have a friend who used to fly in with his buddies for lunch at the chicken. He is a pilot for a major airline now. They called those "Taxpayer Appreciation Days".

I agree with the above - those guys are required to fly a certain number of hours to keep in practice (as they should be) - who cares where they fly to?
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

I have a friend who used to fly in with his buddies for lunch at the chicken. He is a pilot for a major airline now. They called those "Taxpayer Appreciation Days".

Along those lines, I've heard pilots refer to ejecting from a plane as "Giving it back to the taxpayers".

Also, daughter was an IP at Columbus MS. A popular XC spot was Memphis. A lot of the IPs were Guard/Reserve, who flew for FedEx. They knew all the good spots to eat.

Another story: Daughter's flight of four T-6s were at USAFA, trying to get back to Columbus. Weather caused them to go via San Antonio, which necessitated a fuel stop. When that became Amarillo, and she told us they had skipped breakfast to avoid weather, we grabbed lunch for all eight pilots. (Tylers BBQ, highly recommend) We got to see our kid for a few minutes, and they got a quick meal.

When they stopped for the night in San Antone, one of the guys said, "You know, that FBO in Amarillo had the nicest people." Apparently, he was the only one of the eight to not realize that we were parents, not FBO employees.
ProgN
First Page Last Page
Page 107 of 2051

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.