The Catholic Church is alive and well

845 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by dermdoc
RAB91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It is too easy these days to focus on the bad news in any one particular religion. It has been a nice change of pace to see the good news coming out this week. Primarily I'm thinking of the beatification of Archbishop Sheen and the Pope in France.





dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Christianity is alive and well! Praise the Lord!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RAB91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FTACo88-FDT24dad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I teared up when I listened to 80,000 Frenchmen singing Salve Regina.

I think of their ancestors and I suppose some of mine who built those cathedrals and gave us so many saints:

St. Denis First Bishop of Paris and martyr, patron of France. St. Martin of Tours Roman soldier turned bishop, famous for cutting his cloak to share with a beggar. St. Irenaeus of Lyons Early Church Father and Bishop of Lyons, though born in Asia Minor. St. Genevieve Patroness of Paris, credited with saving the city through prayer.
St. Bernard of Clairvaux Cistercian abbot, Doctor of the Church, and reformer. St. Louis IX (King Louis IX of France) Model of a just and holy Christian king. St. Joan of Arc Peasant girl who led France's army and was martyred for her faith.
St. Vincent de Paul Priest devoted to serving the poor and founder of charitable works.

St. Thrse of Lisieux "The Little Flower," Doctor of the Church known for her "Little Way."
St. Louis and Zlie Martin Parents of St. Thrse, canonized together as a married couple.
St. John Vianney (Cur of Ars) Patron saint of parish priests, known for his humility and confessional ministry.

St. Bernadette Soubirous Visionary of Our Lady of Lourdes.
St. Louise de Marillac Co-founder with St. Vincent de Paul of the Daughters of Charity.
St. Catherine Labour Received the vision of the Miraculous Medal.
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque Received the revelations of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
St. Charles de Foucauld Hermit and missionary to the Sahara, canonized in 2022.

The University of Paris where Aquinas and so many brilliant Catholic theologians studied and taught and I think of all the nuns and priests who were murdered for their faith by the godless Jacobins and their followers and I think "God will win in the end"
RAB91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chill bumps and a heart full of Love and Joy! God is so very good all of the time. Peace be with you.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
FIDO95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This was from 2025:



May God continue to bless the mustard seed as finds the fertile ground.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FIDO95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Wow. I'll see if I can find the whole song and a translation and add it. Nonetheless, this beautiful.

Edit to add lyrics:
When You Go (lyrics)

When you go, you'll have to leave us your tenderness
So we won't feel cold on all our mornings of weakness
When you go, you'll have to leave us some love
When you go…

When you go, I'll keep a gentle smile
Moments of joy at night, before I fall asleep
When you go, if you ever want to come back for a while
We'll always be here

Oh Mary, have mercy
Oh Mary, have mercy
Make this world
Live in love
In joy
In peace


No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CrackerJackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dermdoc said:

Christianity is alive and well! Praise the Lord!


I want to make a comment here but the better part of me that's trying to improve decided to leave it alone.

The lesser part of me that hasn't changed couldn't help but make a comment about not making a comment.

;-)
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

The people have France have turned out in their hundreds of thousands to see Pope Leo XIV, the atmosphere is electric

I certainly do not want to crap on the idea that God is being lifted high in France but these headlines leave a bit to be desired...
FIDO95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That quest for improvement will serve you well.

"Do not judge, so that you will not be judged. 2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? "
-Matt 7:1-3

Not addressed to you but to another poster, Who would you prefer 100,000 come to see? Would you be happier if they came to see Taylor Swift and there to celebrate modernity? Would you be happier if they came for a political figure and moved toward political action? Or perhaps you would only be happy if it was your "team" at the forefront of the revival? Be careful that it is not jealousy that motivates your disdain.

17 "You shall not covet your neighbor's house; ...or anything that belongs to your neighbor." -Exodus 20:17

Perhaps it is none of the above but rather disdain for the French people? Would God not celebrate if there was a least one lost sheep that was found and returned to the flock?

"Roam about through the streets of Jerusalem,
And look and take notice.
And seek in her public squares,
If you can find a person,
If there is one who does justice, who seeks honesty,
Then I will forgive her."
-Jer 5:1
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CrackerJackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I fully understand.

My comment was a little bit tongue in cheek at Dermdoc.

Really good guy that I just don't share his universalist perspective on Christianity and that's ok.

The OP was about the Catholic revival in France and Derm wanted to make it about something broader (although I have no doubt he meant it in the most positive way) and wrap in his universalist perspective.

Like I said, it was a little bit tongue in cheek at my own journey as well as poking him a bit.

That said I'm pretty sure the "log in the eye" verse is in regards to sin. Not debating correct beliefs.

I'm "winning" the battle for most sins for sure.
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CrackerJackAg said:

I fully understand.

My comment was a little bit tongue in cheek at Dermdoc.

Really good guy that I just don't share his universalist perspective on Christianity and that's ok.

The OP was about the Catholic revival in France and Derm wanted to make it about something broader (although I have no doubt he meant it in the most positive way) and wrap in his universalist perspective.

Like I said, it was a little bit tongue in cheek at my own journey as well as poking him a bit.

That said I'm pretty sure the "log in the eye" verse is in regards to sin. Not debating correct beliefs.

I'm "winning" the battle for most sins for sure.

Didn't bother me in the least. Shalom.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.