Two books I have enjoyed recently

3,353 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Agilaw
Agilaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess your post about me is ok and isn't calling me out? I'll stand by what I posted. You talked back to my post but didn't point out where you find any fault in my thoughts. What are your thoughts on hell that Jesus referenced so many times while walking the earth? Is everyone eventually "saved"? Those aren't "salvific" but they give an indication on where you stand in reference to scripture.
PacifistAg
AG
Agilaw said:

I guess your post about me is ok and isn't calling me out? I'll stand by what I posted. You talked back to my post but didn't point out where you find any fault in my thoughts. What are your thoughts on hell that Jesus referenced so many times while walking the earth? Is everyone eventually "saved"? Those aren't "salvific" but they give an indication on where you stand in reference to scripture.

Not really. I don't reject scripture. I interpret it differently than you on those issues, as does most of the Church.
Agilaw
AG
What is the specific interpretation of scripture that you say most of the church disagrees with me on? Who is the church to you? Going back to my reference of the small and narrow gate, there are times when the majority are going one way (what seems easy/wide/road most traveled) can be the wrong way - according to scripture.
PacifistAg
AG
Your understanding of "hell". I probably shouldn't have said "majority" simply because I can't confirm that. That said, I know the East disagrees with you, as do many in the West. There's no need for you to follow derm and I around to issue warnings to other posters because we disagree with your interpretation of "hell". It's purposely antagonistic, and implying that those who disagree with you on what constitutes "hell" have rejected the "small and narrow gate" is insulting and false.

The Church is the body of Christ. It is the body of believers.
PacifistAg
AG
May I ask what denomination you belong to?
Zobel
AG
I don't know that there is a single orthodox view on hell, fwiw. I'd put it as theolougommenon. The exception being to deny there is a judgement and a life after, that seems to be outside the faith. There are a *lot* of churches with a last judgment icon with plenty of fire.
Agilaw
AG
I don't follow you or anyone else around any boards. However, you seem to post on this forum a whole lot and you have gotten upset at numerous other posters who question you about your theology, view of sin, what eternity might be like for believers/non-believers - heaven/hell, universalism, etc. I have chosen to give views that may not be yours and to question some of your views. I believe the scriptures (Matthew 7) when Jesus says there is a wide gate/path and a narrow gate/path and many/most will choose the wide gate/path. I don't want people to choose the wide gate/path. I want them to choose the narrow gate/path. I believe Christ died for a reason. If you want me to pinpoint my "denomination", I'm a Christ Follower.
PacifistAg
AG

Edited to avoid partaking in a derail
PacifistAg
AG
Zobel said:

I don't know that there is a single orthodox view on hell, fwiw. I'd put it as theolougommenon. The exception being to deny there is a judgement and a life after, that seems to be outside the faith. There are a *lot* of churches with a last judgment icon with plenty of fire.
I thought about this after I had posted my comment. You're right. I recall you talking about that previously. My apologies.
PacifistAg
AG
Nevermind. No need to answer. This thread is about a couple books recommended by the OP. If you wish to discuss my particular views which you seem to have an issue with to the point of posting a disclosure on here, you're welcome to start a new thread. But I'd like to keep this thread on topic.
BluHorseShu
AG
Agilaw said:

I don't follow you or anyone else around any boards. However, you seem to post on this forum a whole lot and you have gotten upset at numerous other posters who question you about your theology, view of sin, what eternity might be like for believers/non-believers - heaven/hell, universalism, etc. I have chosen to give views that may not be yours and to question some of your views. I believe the scriptures (Matthew 7) when Jesus says there is a wide gate/path and a narrow gate/path and many/most will choose the wide gate/path. I don't want people to choose the wide gate/path. I want them to choose the narrow gate/path. I believe Christ died for a reason. If you want me to pinpoint my "denomination", I'm a Christ Follower.
You really seem to pick on Pacifist a lot…Almost obsessively. It doesn't come across as genuine concern for his interpretations of scripture but rather a need for your interpretation of scripture to be infallible. I know C of C members who do the same. I may not agree with all of Pacifists interpretations of scripture…but she seeks Christ and the Kingdom of God…and you seem to keep faulting her for it. Sorry…I just dislike bullies, especially when they do it under the cloak of being "more Christian" than others
Rongagin71
AG
BluHorseShu said:

Agilaw said:

You really seem to pick on Pacifist a lot…Almost obsessively. It doesn't come across as genuine concern for his interpretations of scripture but rather a need for your interpretation of scripture to be infallible. I know C of C members who do the same. I may not agree with all of Pacifists interpretations of scripture…but she seeks Christ and the Kingdom of God…and you seem to keep faulting her for it. Sorry…I just dislike bullies, especially when they do it under the cloak of being "more Christian" than others
First, it's pretty much impossible to pick on Pacifist as she knows well how to use the internet for both offense and defense.
Second, Pacifist does get into a lot of "internet wars"...which is okay with me.
Third, I'll say stalking is only applicable if harm is intended, which I doubt.
Fourth, there is a lot of "more Christian" debate, which frankly bores me.
Agilaw
AG
I very rarely post on the religion board. Pacifist has posted hundreds of times and regularly calls people out, plays word games with people, and plays a very good passive/aggressive game. I don't know if someone is a believer or not , but when a poster has a very different view of, let's say, sin, it may call for a response. I think the scriptures are pretty black and white on a lot of topics - sin, for example. And to call something not sin that is pretty clear, unless you really stretch an interpretation, can be harmful and even misleading. Therefore a reply.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.