Many non believers believe that they can have goodness without God

5,800 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Woodward2206
Dilettante
How long do you want to ignore this user?
M1Buckeye said:

larry culpepper said:

Of course. I think everyone deep down believes this. But it also depends on what your definition of "good" is.

I think the vast majority of people are generally good. There are good Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, and atheists. There are bad ones in all groups too.

I disagree. The vast majority of people, including myself especially, are wretched.

Y'all don't play enough Skyrim.
NowhereMan
Good according to human standards yes pagans can be polite, generous and caring.
Nobody however meets the infinite perfect standard of rightousness God requires.
Sapper Redux
PaulTony said:

Good according to human standards yes pagans can be polite, generous and caring.
Nobody however meets the infinite perfect standard of rightousness God requires.

This argument requires someone to already agree with you about the nature of the relationship between God and man. And is everyone who is not a Christian a pagan?
Woodward2206
M1Buckeye said:

What is your take?

I once had a deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and I'm most accurately labeled an "anti-theist":

You can't tell me I didn't experience goodness that day

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.