Christian Music Suggestions

4,379 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JimbosHatBarelyFits
TshirtVulture
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm finding molly skaggs (Ricky skaggs daughter) live version of Aint No Grave pretty powerful right now.
TshirtVulture
Thanks for this rec! Just listened to Glory and that's a winner right of of the box.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
TshirtVulture said:

Thanks for this rec! Just listened to Glory and that's a winner right of of the box.

Glad to be able to turn others on to how good he is! Thanks for sharing!!
Frok
AG
Does Bethel music employ every new Christian artist? I swear every time I look up one of these their big song is with Bethel.

Wouldn't be an issue if they weren't a bit BSC.
diehard03
I mean, they are a music collective that exists to give these artists a place to create their music...regardless of what one believes about the doctrine of their church.

Bethel also plays a lot of others people's music...so it can confusing to know who actually wrote what under who....which is one of the punchlines in the Crist video.
Frok
AG
Is Bethel music separate from the Bethel church in CA? I assumed they were one in the same but maybe I am mistaken.
Nestea07
AG
diehard03
Quote:

Is Bethel music separate from the Bethel church in CA? I assumed they were one in the same but maybe I am mistaken.

They are more separate than your church choir putting together a CD. Artists come and go all the time (it seems). I'm sure they still do worship for the church...but I also think they do a lot of wholly music/artist focus things too.

Are they lead by the same family? Yes. But I'm not too big on the whole "you can't play bethel at your church because you are approving of their issues" thing though. Either the songs are theologically sound or they aren't.
Frok
AG
True point, I agree. Plus just like the Crist video, who the heck knows who actually wrote the song anyway.

diehard03
yeah, that one stings a little bit to me because I love the JMM version of the song, and "hate" every time I have been subjected to the the Crowder version.

rednecked
AG
this is my brother Micheal Knight. He tours lots of Cowboy churches and has some pretty nice acclaim for this song.

747Ag
AG

Always_Right
AG
I really like KLove radio.
Johnny Danger
AG
Stryper
PA24
AG
Not a Bot
AG
I have the DVD of Rich Mullins' last recorded concert, filmed in Lufkin not long before his death. Still pull it out from time to time. That guy was a unique voice in the otherwise pretty stale 90s contemporary Christian music scene.

This one gets me every time:
cochrum
AG
Lecrae is awesome - rap
NF - rap.....my favorite
Demon hunter - heavy metal
CrackerJackAg
AG

JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
Something about lauren daigles voice gets me
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.