Bishop Chrysostomos of Zakynthos

961 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ramblin_ag02
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow! So much more powerful than any act of violence. Such a beautiful witness to the Kingdom.

PacifistAg
AG
Reading more about this, it sounds like the tweet is wrong in that the mayor also refused, and his and the Bishop's names were the only two in the list. They hid and saved the entire Jewish population of the island.
Patriot101
Good stuff!
Serotonin
AG
Thanks for posting .

Reminds me of the courage showed by a small Huguenot village described in Malcolm Gladwell's new book:
https://www.relevantmagazine.com/life5/malcolm-gladwell-how-i-rediscovered-faith/
Zobel
AG
Reminds me of the story of Archbishop Damaskinos. When he published a letter protesting the deportation of Greek Jews the local SS commander threatened him with a firing squad. He replied "according to the tradition of our church, prelates are hanged, not shot. Please respect our traditions!"

He and his priests forged thousands of baptismal certificates for Jews.
Patriot101
Serotonin said:

Thanks for posting .

Reminds me of the courage showed by a small Huguenot village described in Malcolm Gladwell's new book:
https://www.relevantmagazine.com/life5/malcolm-gladwell-how-i-rediscovered-faith/

Huguenot were part of the Reformed tradition. Good stuff, too.
swimmerbabe11
I always want to cry when I read stuff like this because I would hope that I would act the same..but I really doubt I'd have the courage.
ramblin_ag02
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I always want to cry when I read stuff like this because I would hope that I would act the same..but I really doubt I'd have the courage.
You read my mind
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.