A very queer family indeed

1,213 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by UTExan
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Archbishop of Canterbury's Wife Kept Falling in Love With Women. He Knew All About It

Very interesting story!
ramblin_ag02
AG
I come across stuff like this all the time when reading about history. It keeps reinforcing to me that our current time period is not some Sodom/Gomorrah/Babylon where we keep inventing new perversions and setting low bars for degenerate behavior. We can find all of this stuff in all places and at all times. Greek and Romans were frequently bisexual and often pedophiles by today's standards. Royal families and nobility were notoriously incestuous. Homosexuality was common if not advertised in pretty much all places and times. Many Native American tribes included a third gender for people who didn't fit as male or female. And on and on.

I'm not trying to applaud this or say that it is good. It's all sinful. But it does help to remember that nothing is new under the sun, and there never was a golden age were Christian sexual morality was the norm.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
UTExan
Perhaps if psychology/psychiatry had been more advanced back in the day she could have been treated successfully. SSA is one thing. Serial adultery is something else. Not pointing fingers at her, because this is an ageless, universal problem. Lawrence of Arabia's mother was a devout evangelical woman who seemed to have problems forgiving herself for her affair with the married father of her child. It was perhaps the only time she faltered morally, but it obviously haunted her for the rest of her life.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.