If one soul enters the human body

2,968 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PacifistAg
Johnny2Fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At birth, please explain how this is possible when a body is born with two heads? Each with their own thought process, personality and morals.
jkag89
Why do you believe ensoulment is a happenstance of birth?
Duncan Idaho
Better question is: if the soul enters at conception, does that mean that twins at best half souled or at worst half of all twins have no soul.
Johnny2Fan
Does it matter? One soul enters the body at some point. So again to my question.
jkag89
So basically you believe that conjoined twins share a soul? Why?
Zobel
AG
I don't think a soul "enters" a body. That presupposes - incorrectly, in my opinion - that there's a soul floating around without a body before that point.
Johnny2Fan
No,I don't think that. But I want to know how it is that one soul enters a body with two heads.
Johnny2Fan
Correct, but again, this is before an entry. Once the soul has entered, how is it possible to share two different personalities? Being that, as we are taught, one soul per body.
jkag89
IMO pondering such is like pondering how many angels can dance on a head of a pin. Pointless.
Johnny2Fan
Then run along debbie.
Zobel
AG
I think you're trying to create a physical limitation on a metaphysical phenomenon. And even if not, we'd have to define "body" for what you're saying to make any logical sense.

And you're still presupposing some kind of temporal separation, before and after, outside and entry,and so on.
jkag89
Even if I agreed with your premise of your inquiry, what purpose does this line of questioning lead?
Johnny2Fan
It's pretty simple. One soul per human body. Correct? So how can one soul control two thinking heads attached to it? Both heads being different thinkers, making own decisions and learning. Orrrrrr,is it that one soul per body is wrong?
swimmerbabe11
I don't think that the soul and body are separate... they begin together. God breathed life into Adam as soon as he was made.

Conjoined twins have a medical deformity like any other..and in heaven, their bodies will be made whole, just the same as we will be made whole.
Johnny2Fan
You still danced around the question. Yes they are deformed. Buy WHILE here on earth, in that body with two heads. Is .....it.....one.....soul.....or..........twooooooo?????
Zobel
AG
Define body. Or are you suggesting the soul lives in the torso?
swimmerbabe11
Does not the presence of two heads with two desires, tastes, temptations and faith imply that there are two souls?
swimmerbabe11
Tailbone, obviously.
Johnny2Fan
Finally! Do you feel there is more than one soul then? Even though we are told differently ?
Johnny2Fan
Does it? If not how does the soul exist in one body? And finally does it matter since the story remains the same, one soul one body?
jkag89
Johnny2Fan said:

Finally! Do you feel there is more than one soul then? Even though we are told differently ?
Exactly who is telling us one soul per "body?"
Zobel
AG
You brought the hypothetical, the thesis, and the loose definitions. Don't ask me to define them better for you.
Martin Q. Blank
This is a debate between traducianism and creationism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traducianism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creationism_(soul)
ramblin_ag02
AG
Count me in the one soul per one will category. So if conjoined twins have the ability to will differently from each other, then they have different souls.

Though that brings up the problem of multiple personality disorder, if you believe it really exists. That would imply that each personality has its own soul. Luckily I don't think it's a real thing, so I'm off the hook
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

ensoulment
I just want to say I love this word. It's right up there with "cromulent" and "embiggen."
gordo97
AG
To actually answer the OP question..... it's 3 souls
Johnny2Fan
So nobody can explain it. Still a mystery.....
Zobel
AG
What's a mystery, exactly?
swimmerbabe11
If you met conjoined twins and they introduced themselves to you "hi, I'm Ronnie" and the other said "howdy, im Donnie" ..then wouldn't it be terribly offensive if you were even asking this question and not treating them as individuals?

These are the names of a real pair of conjoined twins btw
jkag89
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

ensoulment
I just want to say I love this word. It's right up there with "cromulent" and "embiggen."
Well it is about time you liked something I posted.
Post removed:
by user
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
did somebody say souls?

Have I got a deal for you.
mesocosm
AG
The soul does not exist
Religion is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world - Bertrand Russell
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.