Brian Zahnd

2,492 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Frok
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UTExan said:

PacifistAg said:

UTExan said:

PacifistAg said:

Ubitag said:

Claiming he is a conservative and can't back a moderate like Trump indicates to me a man that has an agenda and is not being completely honest with himself or his followers.

We only have 2 choices and for once you can tell the difference between the two candidates.

BLM is not a Christian group.

I disagree that there's only 2 choices. Disagree that there's a substantive difference between the two major candidates. Agree that BLM is not a Christian group. Neither is the GOP. On BLM...they don't claim to be a Christian group, although there are Christians that are part of BLM.

That must be difficult for them since the founders identify as Marxists and convicted terrorist Susan Rosenberg is part of their support network.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/black-lives-matter-fundraising-handled-by-group-with-convicted-terrorist-on-its-board%3F_amp%3Dtrue
The founders of the Southern Baptist Convention were horrible racists, but not every Southern Baptist is racist. I know many who support BLM that love Christ dearly and walk with Him daily.

Just to clarify, are we talking about the movement or the organization founded by self-proclaimed Marxists?
Edit: Because I am sure that confessing Christians were allies of the Nazis until the brutality of the Nazis became apparent. Similarly, Christians were in favor of apartheid in SA during the 1950s and 60s and Christians saw nothing wrong with slavery during the 1st through 19th centuries.

It is pointless to inflict a 21st century culture on those proceeding us as a means of judging them. That is the Lord's job.

It's not a 21st century culture being "inflicted". Also strange word choice for calling out past racism. But racism has always been immoral. It's always been evil. Christians throughout history have spoken against such evils, even in the face of a majority who embraced it. Just because a lot of Christians embraced objective evils doesn't absolve them of it and make them immune from future criticism of the fact that they embraced evil.

And to your BLM point, will you condemn the SBC for being founded by racists for the purpose of supporting slavery? It seems like you are calling for grace for one, but not the other. Just like we can see that not all the SBC is racist, despite its racist origins, surely we can hold the same standard for BLM. Heck, if anything, the SBC should be held to a higher standard given that they proclaim the name of Christ.
PacifistAg
AG
But we're getting way off topic. My apologies for being part of a derail. This is a topic about Zahnd, not the history of racism, BLM, or Falwell and his ilk.
AgLiving06
Ubitag said:

PacifistAg said:

Ubitag said:

Claiming he is a conservative and can't back a moderate like Trump indicates to me a man that has an agenda and is not being completely honest with himself or his followers.

We only have 2 choices and for once you can tell the difference between the two candidates.

I disagree that there's only 2 choices. Disagree that there's a substantive difference between the two major candidates. Agree that BLM is not a Christian group. Neither is the GOP. On BLM...they don't claim to be a Christian group, although there are Christians that are part of BLM.
Then we agree to disagree.

But we agree that

DJT does not behave like a Christian, neither does his offsprings. Nor does Biden.

One side has 90% of the evangelical support, the Other one does not. So think I will support that candidate.

Honestly, I'm not sure what side you're on in the equation, but I'll say this.

I think christians can find reasons to support Republicans (to be clear I did not vote for DJT first go round).

However, no christian, with a good conscience should be able to vote for democrats.

Their platform specifically support abortion:

link: What Democrats Support

Quote:

We believe unequivocally, like the majority of Americans, that every woman should have access to quality reproductive health care services, including safe and legal abortionregardless of where she lives, how much money she makes, or how she is insured.

So while I don't agree with all Republicans and don't support all republican beliefs, I simply cannot support a group who is pro-abortion as a stated goal.

If you don't like Republicans, you should at least vote third party vs the alternative.

PA24
AG
PacifistAg said:

Yeah I'll pass on MacArthur.
Quote:

Christians make up all races and colors.
No race should be singled out as either good or bad.

Agree. That's not what BLM does. But odd how we never hear this "all lives matter" type stuff when people say "blue uniforms matter" or "God bless America". All jobs matter, right? Not just cops. Why single out one voluntary profession. God bless people of all countries. But we only hear that response when it comes to black lives matter. Odd
Blue life's matter are the thin line to protect from lawlessness. Cops are people of different color and gender. They deal with scum of the earth all day long, you need to ride with a cop, just call your local police station and ask about it. Evil stuff they see day in and day out. Sad things...God bless our lawmen.

BLM are all about being a black victim which is ridiculous. Time to let go and move on or die as satan is waiting to cause more lawlessness. Appreciate this great country and opportunities.

Finally to stay on topic, concerning your preacher:

White liberals cause more harm than good, this I know from experience. Dude is trouble and you should listen to Billy Graham more often.

UTExan
PacifistAg said:

UTExan said:

PacifistAg said:

UTExan said:

PacifistAg said:

Ubitag said:

That must be difficult for them since the founders identify as Marxists and convicted terrorist Susan Rosenberg is part of their support network.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/black-lives-matter-fundraising-handled-by-group-with-convicted-terrorist-on-its-board%3F_amp%3Dtrue
The founders of the Southern Baptist Convention were horrible racists, but not every Southern Baptist is racist. I know many who support BLM that love Christ dearly and walk with Him daily.

Just to clarify, are we talking about the movement or the organization founded by self-proclaimed Marxists?
Edit: Because I am sure that confessing Christians were allies of the Nazis until the brutality of the Nazis became apparent. Similarly, Christians were in favor of apartheid in SA during the 1950s and 60s and Christians saw nothing wrong with slavery during the 1st through 19th centuries.

It is pointless to inflict a 21st century culture on those proceeding us as a means of judging them. That is the Lord's job.

It's not a 21st century culture being "inflicted". Also strange word choice for calling out past racism. But racism has always been immoral. It's always been evil. Christians throughout history have spoken against such evils, even in the face of a majority who embraced it. Just because a lot of Christians embraced objective evils doesn't absolve them of it and make them immune from future criticism of the fact that they embraced evil.

And to your BLM point, will you condemn the SBC for being founded by racists for the purpose of supporting slavery? It seems like you are calling for grace for one, but not the other. Just like we can see that not all the SBC is racist, despite its racist origins, surely we can hold the same standard for BLM. Heck, if anything, the SBC should be held to a higher standard given that they proclaim the name of Christ.

I absolutely say they were wrong and American slavery was sinful. I do not condemn them because that means I judge them. I am an imperfect human being and only God can judge them and weigh their lives by His standards. To impose my thinking as a measure of judgment is absurd, much like a theoretical physicist trying to use his/her academic standards to judge a third grade math class.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Frok
AG
Twitter sucks
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.